Hargal's Favorite Trinket

mirrorbender

Veteran
Here's an awesome discovery I made this morning for all the warriors out there. I've been grabbing the Skyhold chest once a week for a while now, and today this happened.
WoWScrnShot_021721_090408.jpg
I had assumed that it probably wouldn't scale down/be usable at 20, but I wanted to check. Low and behold it does (and can proc to epic, apparently). Made my day. Bladestorm at 20.

Damage seems to be fixed (doesn't scale with strength) at 350 for Arms and Prot, and 700(!) for Fury, plus versatility.

*edit* Looks like it has a 0.25x PvP coefficient, RIP :( Still useful in PvE I guess.
WoWScrnShot_021721_094001.jpg

Last edited:
Here's an awesome discovery I made this morning for all the warriors out there. I've been grabbing the Skyhold chest once a week for a while now, and today this happened.
View attachment 18492
I had assumed that it probably wouldn't scale down/be usable at 20, but I wanted to check. Low and behold it does (and can proc to epic, apparently). Made my day. Bladestorm at 20.

Damage seems to be fixed (doesn't scale with strength) at 350 for Arms and Prot, and 700(!) for Fury, plus versatility.

*edit* Looks like it has a 0.25x PvP coefficient, RIP :( Still useful in PvE I guess.
View attachment 18493

Ignore the damage and read the 2nd part of the effect. Seems pretty great to me.

View attachment 18492

View attachment 18493
Check to see if the on-use ability shares a CD with PvP CC trinket... if not, to Tence’s point, that’s still badass yo.

It does not share a cooldown with the PvP trinket. You can't use it while stunned/feared/incapacitated though (so it can't really replace a normal PvP trinket) and you are only immune to CC as long as you keep blamestorming (meaning you can't use your actual damage abilities). There's definitely some situational utility for mobility purposes, but on the whole it's probably not worth a trinket slot.

I'd think that a 5.6 second "free action potion" trinket looks situationally attractive to FCs. Interesting find!
I agree, would be great for FCing, if you wanted to do that on a warrior.
Nice, very interesting. Is the animation the same as Bladestorm too?
Yup. I initially thought that the on use effect was literally just "Cast Bladestorm"

Hey... so I'm having some issues with the chest not appearing.
I'm playing on a backwater RP realm, specifically so I don't have competition for rares & world chests like this one.
I have WM on & I'm on BFA time, but I haven't seen it once in 3 weeks; & haven't seen it while on Legion time either?!
Do I need to complete more of the Class Hall campaign, or... what?
Any advice?

I'm playing on a backwater RP realm, specifically so I don't have competition for rares & world chests like this one.
I have WM on & I'm on BFA time, but I haven't seen it once in 3 weeks; & haven't seen it while on Legion time either?!
Any advice?
do you have the research for it in the order hall?

Any advice?
I farmed this chest alot early DF and in SL. It's EXTREMELY unreliable. Sometimes it'll spawn, other times it won't. You'll sometimes not see the chest, another player will jump into the arena, seemingly empty, and start the loot animation, followed with the winner announcement. I still have no answer.

I have never seen a single Trinket on my 10 warrior. On over 60 or so chests. Anyone manage to get it at 10?

Last edited:
The chest resets with the weekly reset, so you are only able to loot (and see) it once a week
Yes, & i haven't seen it once in a month; & when I tell you that Maelstrorn is desolate, I man I am basically playing WoW as a single player game on that realm.
It can't be getting picked off every spawn... So, I gotta just figure this bug out.

Yes, & i haven't seen it once in a month; & when I tell you that Maelstrorn is desolate, I man I am basically playing WoW as a single player game on that realm.
It can't be getting picked off every spawn... So, I gotta just figure this bug out.
You have to be at the arena right before the respawn timer resets. I have found that someone has to be physically IN the class hall before the chest will spawn (especially obvious when two of my warriors are on low pop RP realms and never see the chest unless I log into the char 5min before, so I log into them both one after another 5min before, then collect both easily once the hour dings).

You have to be at the arena right before the respawn timer resets. I have found that someone has to be physically IN the class hall before the chest will spawn (especially obvious when two of my warriors are on low pop RP realms and never see the chest unless I log into the char 5min before, so I log into them both one after another 5min before, then collect both easily once the hour dings).
The times I found I got it most consistently was when I was not inside the Class Hall when it spawned, and that someone else was inside to remind Blizz to spawn it in. Anecdotal though!

The times I found I got it most consistently was when I was not inside the Class Hall when it spawned, and that someone else was inside to remind Blizz to spawn it in. Anecdotal though!
That can work in normal high-pop realms. Harder on low-pop RP realms :LUL:

Hmmm... so, You reckon I should log in & just afk in the Arena for a while?

Users who are viewing this thread