[H] Legacy Raiding - Cross Realm Raids

Claspara

Legend
Hi all!

Recently <Back to Basics> has been hosting legacy raids on the realm Azgalor for Horde players for almost 6 months now. We have progressed through all Classic Content and are currently raiding in the Burning Crusade expansion! Our rules USED to be that you had to play on Azgalor (or a connected realm) in order to raid with us.

However, we have decided to open up our raid groups to ANYONE on a US realm. All you need to do is add either myself (Aegix#1605) or our GM (Guybusten#1242). The reason for the switch to cross-realm raids is because we feel that we didn't want to restrict our players to only playing on Azgalor (it's a fairly low populated realm at the moment), so that they can roll characters on more populated realms where their mains exist or where various raid materials are much more abundant.

We will also putting the group in Group Finder!

Things to Keep in Mind:
That being said, we used to follow some strict gear rules, but we are removing most of these rules to accommodate players wishing to raid with us. We ask those that wish to raid with us to follow two simple rules:
1. No classes outside the expansion are allowed. (No DK's until we start raiding WOTLK content, and no Monks until we start raiding MoP content)
*2. Only gear from the expansion we are raiding is allowed (no gear from WOTLK can be worn while we raid The Burning Crusade content, for example).
While we raid The Burning Crusade: keep everything under item level 164.
While we raid Wrath of the Lich King: keep everything under item level 284.
While we raid Cataclysm: keep everything under item level 416.
While we raid Mists of Pandaria: keep everything under item level 588.

Other than that, everything else is up to you!

*With the item squish came some interesting changes to how item level affects your damage at higher levels. This is the reason why soloing legacy raids at higher levels is so much easier - why you do so much more damage. Keeping the gear within the expansion we are raiding will remove this huge increase in damage.

We want these raids to be just as fun as they were when they were current content! Please don't come to raids with an elitist attitude, we want everyone to have a good time, especially new players who never had the chance to raid the content when it was current.

When We Raid:
Friday's: 6pm PST
Saturday's: 6pm PST

Loot Rules:
MS > OS
We want to keep loot as simple as possible!

If you have any questions feel free to add one of us and we'd be happy to answer anything!

We hope to see you guys at our raids!

Last edited:
I just wish I didn't work every single Weekend at my job, has always made Raiding dodgy for me at best. I have a 70 Hunter Twink that's nearly done and am making a 70 Disco and 70 Warrior (Tank) at some point so I can Heal/DPS/Tank as needed. I myself picked 70 so I could wear/use a Legendary item at level for older Content, even though the Bow is shit but it's w/e lol.

I just wish I didn't work every single Weekend at my job, has always made Raiding dodgy for me at best. I have a 70 Hunter tink that's nearly done and am making a 70 Disco and 70 Warrior (Tank) at some point so I can Heal/DPS/Tank as needed. I myself picked 70 so I could wear/use a Legendary item at level for older Content, even though the Bow is shit but it's w/e lol.

There aren't any attendance requirements, we'll be picking up cross realmers every week so come whenever is convenient for you!

Users who are viewing this thread