US [H] [Dalaran] <RetroSpec> A Progressive Legacy Raiding Guild

I know that for myself personally, and for the majority of my social network, that Battle For Azeroth has not quite shaped up to be what we expected and hoped for. We feel less and less compelled to log into our 120s every day and do the same Emissary Quests and the same Mythic Dungeons. In lieu of unsubscribing all-together we are testing the water with an idea that has been often tried but seldom succeeded in the past; a progressive legacy raiding guild that posits to recreate the raid experiences of the game's golden years from Molten Core and Blackwing Lair to Serpsentshrine Cavern and Black Temple, to Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel while using period-appropriate gear and professions to maintain challenge.

We have created [Retrospec], a Horde guild on the Dalaran server (US) to try and make this vision a reality.

This is not a "Project-60" or "Project-70" guild with a litany of exhaustive restrictions. Leveling with heirlooms is fine, for example. No one wants to spend 60 hours slowly trudging through old content you've played a thousand times to get to the good stuff; end-game dungeons and raiding. And you can play whatever Class-Race combination you would like. You can transmog (within reason), use mounts, and there are no restrictions on item levels or talent use. [Retrospec] isn't meant to be painful, it's meant to be fun.

The guild has been created, the guild bank and tabard set up, and recruitment has begun across numerous platforms in earnest - being orchestrated and maintained by our dedicated officer core. If you are interested in getting in on the ground level of this ambitious venture please reach out to us at RetrospecRaiding @ gmail. com, at our guild Discord (jYMJhwZ) or as a reply in this thread.

Currently, the guild has a Level Cap of level 20 while we are in recruitment. Create your character, grab your 4 free bags out of the guild bank and turn off experience promptly when you hit level 20. We will remain at that cap until we have a sufficient number of invested members to begin the legacy raiding journey together. We will have weekly events (with very groovy rewards!) during recruitment such as dueling tournaments, naked races, scavenger hunts and a huge Achievement Point competition.

As a general outline we expect to spend;

• 4 - 6 Weeks in Recruitment
  • 6 - 8 Weeks at Level 60
  • 12 - 16 Weeks at Level 70
  • 12 - 16 Weeks at Level 80
  • Reassess Membership And Direction To Go Forward
(We will keep the thread updated with a roster assessment and with our professionals list going forward.)

When new members experience the Legacy Raiding community for the first time their reactions tend to be similar; "Wow, it's like a whole new game again", and it really is. We hope to be hearing from you :)

These are some insane goals pal, but I wish you luck! I have seen these guilds go amazing and die rather quickly, my advice to you is to shorten your timeline to actually playing, having like half a year to recruit and get ready isn’t really a plus for people.

These are some insane goals pal
This is our second time doing it. About 3 years ago we successfully recruited and ran the same project and made it all the way to Cataclysm in about a year. It's a ton of fun and somewhat unfortunately way more enjoyable than current end-game. Thanks for the thread approval, Blackberryy.

This is our second time doing it. About 3 years ago we successfully recruited and ran the same project and made it all the way to Cataclysm in about a year. It's a ton of fun and somewhat unfortunately way more enjoyable than current end-game. Thanks for the thread approval, Blackberryy.
Well that’s awesome then! As I said wish you luck, would be cool to see it working out.

Well that’s awesome then! As I said wish you luck, would be cool to see it working out.
Off topic, but since you're lurking. How alive is the 70s bracket these days? I was in <Twisted Nethers> on Moon Guard for like 3 years with a couple of 70s, but each subsequent expansion seems to eat away at participation. Are arena queue times decent?

Off topic, but since you're lurking. How alive is the 70s bracket these days? I was in <Twisted Nethers> on Moon Guard for like 3 years with a couple of 70s, but each subsequent expansion seems to eat away at participation. Are arena queue times decent?
They are actually extremely active, alliance has a strong population and we raid weekly. Horde is mostly 79s sadly but there are still 70s there
[doublepost=1544559345,1544559330][/doublepost]And arenas and bgs are almost always popping

Just an update. We've added about 10 players in 5 days. Still recruiting through the Holidays. Please post a reply here or join our Discord server if you have any questions or need a ginvite. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Just an update with our current roster:

• Miklo - Tauren Prot Warrior
  • Taenylane - Blood Elf Arms Warrior
  • Rethol - Mag’har Fury Warrior
  • Incromaton - Undead Warrior
  • Nazgucci - Tauren Resto Druid
  • Ahsenthia - Troll Feral Druid
  • Freedmchickn - Highmountain Balance Druid
  • Nostalgicz - Orc Resto Shaman
  • Cromags - Mag’har Resto Shaman
  • Hycise - Blood Elf Shadow Priest
  • Underoath - Undead Holy Priest
  • Kromgarth - Orc BM Hunter
  • Nethak - Undead Frost Mage
  • Valtelrond - Blood Elf Frost Mage
  • Aces - Nightborne Assassination Rogue
  • Keldrissa - Undead Rogue
  • Illegality - Tauren Ret Paladin

I am interested in joining, are you currently raiding content or still waiting for recruitment, also may you link a new discord link?

Users who are viewing this thread