Guild Wars 2

jwl

FC - Pagle
Does anyone play this game? I just purchased the Heart of thorns / Path of fire DLC packs & currently have two level 80 boost. Its gotten quite repetitive doing the starter zones again, and again, and again...(trying to figure out which class I should play) so I figured it'd be more fun to venture with someone else. The game is free to play, and is what I consider one of the more polished MMOs. If anyone is interested in playing let me know!
I'd also greatly appreciate any tips, tricks, or advice from previous GW2 players, as I am still learning the ropes.

I bought it a few years back, played it like twice I think

WoW has ruined my ability to play any other mmorpg ;[

Reactions: hom
***edit: downloading game on my new PC now what have u done.

Great game. Great gearing system. 0 P2W. Dynamic combo system in pvp. Scaled instanced PvP/arenas, Non-scaled World vs World pvp.

You MUST try WvW. It is an experience you have to live.

It is SUPER easy to get yourself a full set of decent gear (super cheap), which are on par with BiS gear (disappointing how few extra stats bis gear gives). But hey, its noob/alt-friendly, letting you go back WHENEVER you want after a long break and still be top tier.

I sunk hundreds of hours into this game playing a Thief (similar to Rogues on WoW), and a Ranger (similar to Hunters).

It really depends what your interests are. I focused a lot on World vs World (WvW), so I found a lot of success in my thief as a target caller/roamer when running with zerg groups (pack of 30+ players vs 30+ players). You have short engagement times, but have incredible burst, mobility, and evades.

When I last played (few months ago), Necromancers were the DPS class to play if you wanted play in an competitive WvW environment. Kinda boring in my opinion because your damage was basically just AOE rot. Servers would run around with 10+ necros and have so many AOEs on enemy zergs that youd just die from aoe/dots.

Make your toons on Northern Shiverpeaks if you havent picked a realm yet, that's where all my toons are at :p

I should definitely give this game another go.

I got tired of rogue after a while since the new meta completely countered my Thief in WvW. Picked up Chrono Mesmer (support). You can take a look at what "competitive" wvw looks like in the POV of a Chrono Mesmer.

Btw all the red circles are from Necros, like I was saying.

I bought it a few years back, played it like twice I think

WoW has ruined my ability to play any other mmorpg ;[

The game just gets old, honestly. Twinking grew stale & endgame is boring when you have nobody to play with. Once I get my Thunderfury/Val'anyr I think I'm gonna take a break from WOW.

Mesmer=Master Race

I actually really enjoyed Mesmer - Played it to level 20 the other day then deleted it. Really not sure what class is for me tbh.

@Sponsor I'll reroll my server when I decided to log back in. Im pretty much starting from scratch, so if you'd like to reroll with me some time that'd be awesome! Still stuck on which class to play. I really enjoy thief, and Mesmer...But Guardian looks very fun as well.

The game just gets old, honestly. Twinking grew stale & endgame is boring when you have nobody to play with. Once I get my Thunderfury/Val'anyr I think I'm gonna take a break from WOW.

I actually really enjoyed Mesmer - Played it to level 20 the other day then deleted it. Really not sure what class is for me tbh.

@Sponsor I'll reroll my server when I decided to log back in. Im pretty much starting from scratch, so if you'd like to reroll with me some time that'd be awesome! Still stuck on which class to play. I really enjoy thief, and Mesmer...But Guardian looks very fun as well.

if you're starting from scratch get over on Shiverpeaks!!! I dont have the energy to restart another toon lawl. boost a guy and we can pvp. Add me up Sponsor.2069

Can you try Pvp at lvl 20? instanced pvp is scaled so it wouldnt matter what lvl you are.

i've been itchin for a new game lately might dl this and give is a 2nd chance that gameplay video looks kinda fun o_O

if you're starting from scratch get over on Shiverpeaks!!! I dont have the energy to restart another toon lawl. boost a guy and we can pvp. Add me up Sponsor.2069

Can you try Pvp at lvl 20? instanced pvp is scaled so it wouldnt matter what lvl you are.

I still dont know what to boost, and I think I'm not going to use the boost until I level the character to 30 (that way I have somewhat of an idea as to how the class should be played). You can PVP at level 1 I believe, but like I said, I wont be comfortable until I know what I'm doing lol

Edit: does this game have addons?

What do you enjoy playing in wow? I can make recommendations.

I am a multiclasser in WOW. Play almost everything in every bracket. Im farmiliar with all of the classes on both games, just not sure what to main. Thinking Thief / Guardian...Elementalist seem fun too. Remind me of an enhance shaman

Ele is super versatile and most like shaman in my opinion. They have a super low health pool (lowest in the game iirc) but tons of utility, self healing, damage immunity, boon sharing, etc. Very high skill cap with attunement swapping and being able to chain skills correctly, but very strong in the right hands.

Guardian is probably the most ezmode but is always strong in PvE and WvW. Second lowest health pool but very high toughness. Again has really strong group support and utility. Once you get your elite spec with Dragonhunter the class really opens up and plays a lot like survival hunter with traps, and a play style that shifts between ranged and melee. This is one of my favorite builds.

Thief is my least played and worst class but it’s very high risk/high reward. It sacrifices group support and utility for high burst windows. If you have latency issues or low FPS (I have both), I wouldn’t recommend it. Unlike rogue in wow you can’t stand toe to toe with most other profs and you have to dance in and out of combat taking advantage of your relatively short control cooldowns and evasion frames. Best mobility in the game and infuriating to play against if played well.

You can always go to the pvp zone and you’ll have all the lvl 80 skills/builds unlocked. It’s entirely possible to go 1-80 doing pvp only and honestly doesn’t take that long since you unlock +1 level boosters fairly often just for playing.

I ended up boosting a guardian - Really enjoy the animations to it. I need to get like, 250 hero points to unlock my firebrand spec but dont know how to go about it. If any of you can help me farm HP quest I'd really appreciate it

Daily 2 gold sounds miserable :(

But I have been using the Mist to test different classes. I think I've figured out what I am gonna play, just need to grind out hero points

Daily 2 gold sounds miserable :(

But I have been using the Mist to test different classes. I think I've figured out what I am gonna play, just need to grind out hero points

WvW rewards tons of Hero points when you increase your PvP rank. That's how I went around getting my elite builds. Every level after level 5 rewards you a few tokens you can trade in for Hero points :)

WvW rewards tons of Hero points when you increase your PvP rank. That's how I went around getting my elite builds. Every level after level 5 rewards you a few tokens you can trade in for Hero points :)

I added you last night btw. Is that a good source of hero points? compared to farming them out in the zones?

I added you last night btw. Is that a good source of hero points? compared to farming them out in the zones?

Yes! Sure the zones are great to get those last few points you're missing, but the majority will come from leveling in WvW. You gain 9 Testimonies of Heroics which can be traded to Heroics Notary for Notarized Scrolls (which give you hero points).
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Testimony_of_Heroics#Vendors
[doublepost=1543461110,1543461082][/doublepost]I haven't been on today, was gone running errands all day!

Few things about WvW.
As someone said above , you can just complete hero tracks, and then spend the currency on HPs on alts.
I have leveled like 3 characters purely by lvl books i got in WvW, and then unlocked all skills without ever stepping into a normal pve zone.

If you make friends in WvW, make sure they are from same server as you are.
The servers re-links every week or 2nd, so the super cool roamers you find might end up being your enemy next week.

The WvW has pap system which rewards you the more you play/based on activity in the current session.
Sitting afk will degrade the rewards

Before you write off a class, i really recommend you try the elite specs aswell some of the elite specs make somewhat boring classess actually fun.
Revenant,scourge,reaper, the mesmer elite i forgot the name of.

Also once you decide on main,i really recommend doing 100% map exploration of basic game

100% exploration lets you craft a legendary weapon,they are not mandatory, but it saves you some work when you eventually decide to go for one

Also if you boosted something already,i recommend doing first PoF quest to get a mount so your low lvl char has an easier way transporting

World has events going on in it,although eventually they become kinda repetitive, its still 100x better than world quests in wow

https://gw2timer.com/

is a tracker of the events , save it for the future when you'll actually need it

Few things about WvW.
As someone said above , you can just complete hero tracks, and then spend the currency on HPs on alts.
I have leveled like 3 characters purely by lvl books i got in WvW, and then unlocked all skills without ever stepping into a normal pve zone.

If you make friends in WvW, make sure they are from same server as you are.
The servers re-links every week or 2nd, so the super cool roamers you find might end up being your enemy next week.

The WvW has pap system which rewards you the more you play/based on activity in the current session.
Sitting afk will degrade the rewards

Before you write off a class, i really recommend you try the elite specs aswell some of the elite specs make somewhat boring classess actually fun.
Revenant,scourge,reaper, the mesmer elite i forgot the name of.

Also once you decide on main,i really recommend doing 100% map exploration of basic game

100% exploration lets you craft a legendary weapon,they are not mandatory, but it saves you some work when you eventually decide to go for one

Also if you boosted something already,i recommend doing first PoF quest to get a mount so your low lvl char has an easier way transporting

World has events going on in it,although eventually they become kinda repetitive, its still 100x better than world quests in wow

https://gw2timer.com/

is a tracker of the events , save it for the future when you'll actually need it
Chronomancer!

Users who are viewing this thread