Guild <APES> first to down Ragnaros (Gehennas - EU)

Tbh I hope Blizzard doesn't cave to the "consume content as fast as possible" crowd and put all of the Classic servers on some kind of a BC or WOTLK timeline.

I am relishing being a casual and am drinking it all in until we can start bashing people's heads in Warsong.

Tbh I hope Blizzard doesn't cave to the "consume content as fast as possible" crowd and put all of the Classic servers on some kind of a BC or WOTLK timeline.
Every interview about implementing the Classic "phases" seem to stress how they'll be delaying any content that can "overshadow" previous gear/accomplishments/etc... so at least they're paying lip-service to the idea of not letting speed-runners set the timetable.

Do you work for mmo champion?
A bit disappointing if an Admin of a WoW forum seriously doesn't appreciate footage of the single biggest accomplishment in Phase-1 of Classic™ (nor have a better grasp of "timestamps", apparently)...

its so cringe
...This on the other hand, is adorably predictable. ;)

lol and im lvl 10 like "man, hope I can run BRD before they move on to TBC release"
#Mood

Every interview about implementing the Classic "phases" seem to stress how they'll be delaying any content that can "overshadow" previous gear/accomplishments/etc... so at least they're paying lip-service to the idea of not letting speed-runners set the timetable.

A bit disappointing if an Admin of a WoW forum seriously doesn't appreciate footage of the single biggest accomplishment in Phase-1 of Classic™ (nor have a better grasp of "timestamps", apparently)...

...This on the other hand, is adorably predictable. ;)

#Mood
I ask because mmo champion posts 98% of your content hours before you do, granted this time you were earlier

I ask because mmo champion posts 98% of your content hours before you do, granted this time you were earlier
Surprisingly generous of you to concede that point... I guess I'll return the favor and concede that if we include my "Friendly reminder PSAs", it might actually push your alleged percentage all the way up to "almost 1%" of my total posts.

If that's the "threshold" sufficient for an Admin to jump into a topical thread and derail it with disingenuous accusations... then you must be very busy indeed. I apologize for pulling you away from all the "quality content" that you would have otherwise been contributing. :oops:

Surprisingly generous of you to concede that point... I guess I'll return the favor and concede that if we include my "Friendly reminder PSAs", it might actually push your alleged percentage all the way up to "almost 1%" of my total posts.

If that's the "threshold" sufficient for an Admin to jump into a topical thread and derail it with disingenuous accusations... then you must be very busy indeed. I apologize for pulling you away from all the "quality content" that you would have otherwise been contributing. :oops:

I love how Berryy shows up like once every two weeks just to get dunked on for being a shit admin.

That's the kind of consistency and dedication we should commend

To copypaste from my other post:

Not shocked in the slightest, given the fact Classic is patch 1.12.

People were killing Ony with 10 people, and pugging Rag with 20 randoms with ease at that point. Add in modern internet, computers, and the fact everyone knows what to do? No shock.

Classic raids were never hard because of mechanics, anyway.

Raiding peaked in TBC
A bit.

BC had the grindyness and attunement fest of Vanilla, and gear checks. It also introduced actual mechanics, so yeah.

Personally, I think WoTLK was just about as good as it gets raid wise, with just a bit more in the terms of mechanics, but wish it had a bit more grindyness to it.

The thing is, the crowd who came to WoW from EQ...Already thought the game was incredibly simple and easy. WoW being easier is one of the reasons it had such success - It branched into a more mainstream less hardcore audience.

A bit.

BC had the grindyness and attunement fest of Vanilla, and gear checks. It also introduced actual mechanics, so yeah.

Personally, I think WoTLK was just about as good as it gets raid wise, with just a bit more in the terms of mechanics, but wish it had a bit more grindyness to it.

The thing is, the crowd who came to WoW from EQ...Already thought the game was incredibly simple and easy. WoW being easier is one of the reasons it had such success - It branched into a more mainstream less hardcore audience.
Moving away from 40 man raids was one of WoWs wisest moves

Moving away from 40 man raids was one of WoWs wisest moves
The fact is, that 40 people were never needed for those raids, anyway. If you have 40 people, with decent internet connections, who are doing what they are supposed to be doing and know the instance? Most of these bosses are just going to be steamrolled.

It is better to have a raid of 25 where you need at least the majority to be doing what they need to, instead of a raid of 40, with only some playing at a high level.

40 man raids feel grand and more epic, sure. They are great for that, and it's fun.

But again, in execution? It was not needed.

It's still an insane task to complete. Don't deny how great these players are, Unless you've cleared MC it this week.

I also laughed at the part were they say:

'I' be haven't showered all week'

That feel when you realize the hardest part on this encounter was getting to that level.

Users who are viewing this thread