Guide to griefing

inoobupro

Banned
Here's my old Griefing guide, originally made in mid 2013.(btw nothing has been edited, im sure things have changed). It was thought to be lost when some 16 yo mod went apeshit with the delete button but thank you based waybackmachine.
Still kind of nice to look back at it...brings back MoP memories.

Guide to griefing
Table of Contents.
1.Preamble and why grief?
2. Getting Started
3 Factions plus Gear
4. The BR takeover
5. Inspecting your team and scouting it out
6.Reporting your teammates, what to spam and Player IQ level.
7.Dealing with premades
8.Healing enemy players.
9. Backup plans.
10. Other tips and tricks.
11. Conclusion

1.Preamble and why grief?

I agree with the point that spawn killing, emoting enemies, playing 24s and op classes is the lowest form of griefing after hacking and is very unimaginative, but this is something a little different. This particular guide revolves around impersonating brs. While I realize that race is a very touchy subject, I hope not to offend anyone or that anyone would take this personally as this guide is simply meant for everyone's enjoyment. Mostly for people who are so bored of this 10 year old game. The majority of the griefers tend to be decent at the games they grief in. That is why people start griefing, they have become so good at a game that playing it normally is boring , so they increase their fun factor by doing something different. And I can understand trolls. They're hate based. But griefing is funny sometimes. Some of it can be hate based, but for the most part it's just another way to play the game, albiet not the best way... Looking back, raging against griefers is stupid. It's a game. It's meant for fun. It's not meant to be taken seriously. So your stats get messed up slightly. Big deal. What I don't get is why do people take video games so seriously? (Why so serious?) And please don't troll.

Also, I think one of the problems is that I all types of greifers are usually thrown together. There are different levels of griefing, such as team killing, screwing around and not doing anything, or hacking. Some of these are dangerous and shouldn't be done at all (hacking), some should be done sparingly and are unimaginative (team killing), and some are ok and can make the game fun if you're tired of the same thing (where you do the same stuff and over again)."

With that being said, World of Warcraft is a tough game to grief in. Unlike, for example Halo or Left 4 Dead, there is no friendly-fire and there is (generally) no voting in battlegrounds. You cannot mic-spam or verbal them either so your internet social abilities will never make it clear to everyone that your team ''isn't'' good. Nonetheless, there are a few ways to grief, usually your own team. Hilarity will ensure.

2.Getting Started.

It is almost mandatory to have two players play simultaneously. and while it is possible to grief by yourself, it is rather clunky and may not work. So find a trusted friend, some sort of a relative, or someone willing to cooperate.

You need four or five characters or accounts in total. I prefer four, since they are easier to synch queue, more potential ragers, which leads to more lulz produced and takes less to alt tab through. Since the introduction of infinite trial accounts, feel free to abuse them.

3.Factions

I chose the Alliance faction, simply because they now have faster queues and eyepatches look cool. They also lose more often so its a little easier to conceal your clandestine actions since your robotic teammates who are so used to failing will simply mistake you for another BR. But honestly, it doesn't really matter as they both have their fair share of clueless players but we will get to that later.

Outfits and gear
Choose some gray quality funky looking gear. Personally I chose the Bright Set remodel simply because it looks super corny. Having white gear or something on looks like all your are a gearing noob and all slots are taken up when someone does inspect you so it wont arouse too much suspicion .

4.The BR takeover.

Take two accounts(or 3) under your control with and your partner in crime needs to take control of the other two.
It is good to have some sort of voice communication like skype or mumble, to coordinate your /Report Player Away more efficiently. It adds better flow which in turn improves the quality of rage and whining.

Now you are ready to execute something : I call it The Br takeover. There’s so much potential. So much fun to be had in a game where a whole team is punished for the (deliberate) failures of a few members. Just synch que up for Warsong gulch and get ready for action.

5. Inspecting your team and scouting it out

Inspecting your team.

As soon as you zone in,you should instantly inspect all your teammates and check their gear/server name(are they also Brazilians who wont suspect a thing?)
In any bracket, 90% of the time, gear=IQ level so plan accordingly. Look for any geared and potentially (intelligent?) players that could expose you and ruin your day. Best in slot 24s, players with titles or Arena Grand Master trinkets/Lucky Fishing hats and full BoA are the types that can* be dangerous.

Scouting it out.

I usually begin with a single, 'Algum br?''.'' Jaja'' and reply to myself with something similar. Just to check my teammates, should any respond.

6.Reporting your teammates, what to spam and Player IQ level.

Reporting your teammates and what to spam.

Simply use the /Report Player Away on every single character that is not yours, I usually use 2x and my partner uses 1 account to get the ''Inactive''debuff on them.(3x of my characters using it, not all 4 or 5).
Spam it on EVERY single teammate that isnt from your crew. While doing that, also use Portuguese/Spanish words in conjunction communicating with your partner to send them into rage. The typical chat should look something like this:

''Aieee gringo puta esto cinqo (just continue ranting in a stupid manner - it doesn't matter what you say as long as it SOUNDS like something your team is used to hearing in Portuguese or Spanish)''

Your partner in crime should reply with the most retarded stuff as well.

What most people don't know is that once reported it usually takes two minutes, 1 minute for the ''Your teammates have reported you inactive'' debuff, and 1 minute for being idle). But most players will rush headfirst into combat approximately five or ten seconds after gaining the debuff thinking they will get booted any time now.
Using 4 characters usually results in insta kicking someone- and unless they pose a direct threat to your crew, whats the point of that ?

If the players start spamming chat and not going for the flag, force them to. Most players only play for capping flags but if they refuse :

''I start with something like: AMERICANO, estúpido, you no talk, PLAY. ''

The A (BR) team in action. Tears were abundant. Here’s a sample from yesterday.
http://imgur.com/a/Aop0V
http://imgur.com/a/7pMzh
http://imgur.com/a/wbVEw

Unfortunately my hard drive crashed and I lost many hilarious screenshots where pugs go apeshit and blame or curse Brazilians all while spamming ''who is reporting me?" coming even from the most known F2P Twinkinfo users, who I, myself at first thought would not be completely clueless and would never fall for that. But I was mistaken and gave them too much credit. Even with a name like Farmmeplz they still could not figure out who was the true culprit.

Player IQ level.

With that being said, never, ever think that your teammates are the brightest crayons in a box. I really want to believe that my allies and opponents are actual human beings behind those monitor screens. But alas it is very difficult, we have trolled just around 100 games, and over the course, there were only two people (Dorigon and Swoops) in the entire 20-24 bracket who had managed to figure out we were not genuine brs but amateur trolls. Just two out of approximately over seven hundred players. A lot of players had ''of the Alliance and ''the Bloodthirsty'' or even more prestigious titles but were still completely oblivious. We were not surprised because it was just what we had expected but rather saddened that only two people managed to find out. It pains me to say this too too, but these are the levels of intelligence you play with and against on a constant daily basis. (It is exactly the same at max level pvp too, so no worries this doesnt just apply to 20-24).

7.Dealing with premades.

Sometimes premades pose a threat and they must be eliminated. if you zoned in with a premade, they might suspect something and 5 people reporting you afk would lead to a total disaster on your part. Use your brain and common sense which premades do and do not pose a threat. For example: a Bleeding Hollow Premade may figure out that you are just trolls, while a Lightbringer or Alexstrasza premade probably wouldn't suspect a thing, so just use your intuition on what teams to report. Do not start spamming your BR speeches right away and keep your cool, as because once they get destroyed in mid they will most likely turn their attention to their teammates and inspecting that you are not geared could spell doom for your merry crew. Carefully mass report one of them at a time until they get auto kicked. Once only 2-3 people of their original premade remain start the spam.

8.Healing enemy players.

Make a geared priest with the Mind Control talent and have a geared paladin, , when an enemy gets low on health , MC him and the paladin should heal, him , then let go, and rinse repeat if necessary. The only problem I think with that strategy-since you are a healer, ''smarter''players will focus you anyway. I prefer to stay dead so the enemy team does not even use focus/CC. Just give em a plain 6vs10.

Also, sometimes enemy players refuse to get near the opponents GY, but you can bait them If you have a geared character , start spamming /lol and /spit at a couple of enemies, slowly leading them towards the graveyard. They will most likely get pissed and try to kill you....but your teammates will respawn and try to attack them thus getting them ''stuck'' in the GY. Then their teammates will rush in to help their comrades.

While your teammates are getting camped in the graveyard,

Convince your teammates that X player is a jerk/griefer/octopus and should therefore be removed or kicked from the battleground. Without thinking, all your teammates will accidentally votekick the innocent person

This can be fun, because if it already comes close to a kick, X player occasionally snaps and rages, which makes him look even worse.

9.Backup Plans

If players really start to suspect something, cut a bit of spam and emotes to lay low. It is a good idea to also resurrect your toons and run around casting something.

If people actually find out, and start saying shit threatening to make a ticket or report, you can always retaliate. Having four accounts under your power increases the chances that a GM that "takes his job seriously rather than copy pasting repliles"will review your ticket. Open a GM ticket, include their exact name and realm, the BG along with the phrases violating the spirit of the game and explicitly refusing to play the game.Non-participation is a suspendable offense.

If someone threatens to open a ticket, and actually does, pretend you took on the role of a battleground leader strategically commanding the valorous forces of the glorious Alliance but suffered a terrible loss, or some RP bullshit similar to that, if shit completely hits the fan play dumb and pull the foreigner card. Always choose your words carefully, never give yourself out and only speak in Portuguese/Spanish, so when a GM does come to investigate you were only talking in Portuguese so most of the time they will let you off the hook! If they really pissed you off or made you afk here are your options. Since we know race is a very touchy subject these days, and combined with players who are more likely than not unable to control their emotions or actions usually results in something like'' go die in a fire stupid tacoeater''. That can be VERY well used against them. Racial discrimination usually results in a 1-3day ban and a warning or can be even more severe. So you can seriously mess some people's accounts up, although im not that mean.

10.Other tips and tricks.

-Some brs will try to befriend you and help you wipe entire groups of people/teammates in bgs simply because you were speaking in Portuguese or Spanish which just adds to the mayhem.

-Don't use personal attacks, there’s one thing I’ve learned while playing games full of 10-year-olds who pretend they’re 20 (ie on battle.net or on xbox live), it’s that cunning and witty arguments get you nowhere. At the end of the day, the kid on the other side of the internet is still going to call you a retard, and he’ll still be too young (and/or stupid) to understand why using personal attacks doesn’t prove a point.

-It may be a good idea to actually start your characters on a Spanish speaking/Portuguese server, as cover because I have had a couple of people start having doubts we were not Spanish players because of our server name.

-If your teammate is at half of health, run up near him, cast flash of light but /stopcast at the last second. Keep doing it until he gets mad. Que as a healer, but never heal.

-Have a couple of /laugh macros. Nothing adds more salt to their wound than them taking damage and dying while you are laughing right at him as he is dying. Jump around your healers and spam that /laugh macro while they take damage and die. You can also do /cheer or dance for the opposite side twinks.

-Make your characters 4 paladins. That way you can put your 400 heal Lay on Hands spell on your other friendly paladins thus causing Forbearance and preventing them from using their Divine Shield or Lay on Hands in crucial moments such as when they're FCing, being focused on while healing others, etc.

-Sometimes, if you idle for too long doing nothing, you characters may receive the Inactive debuff. Go tag something doing minimal damage. This also helps if you are being reported afk.

-Use your paladin's Lay on Hands ability on every friendly paladin once the gates open so they have a 50ish second forbearance debuff, meaning if something zergs them in mid when the bg begins, they cannot use theirs.

-If you are playing Arathi Basin, have a paid linked account and the three seater mammoth mount or the touring rocket use it! For some reason alot of players are attracted by mutli seat mounts and you will have passengers in seconds. Then head straight for the AB cliff and jump right off it, divine shield yourself and watch the hilarity ensure.

-It is great to stock up on bandages-any will work, linens are my favorite. Bandage those non healing classes like hunters, rogues or whatever you find fun.( Only bandage those who you think* are smart enough to use them or actually do use them, like 24 geared rogues and hunters that use those runecloth ones).

-You can park one toon in the Alliance Restoration power-up hut. That way when it respawns the toon automatically picks up the buff thus denying your allies access to it.

-While being the battleground leader, (taking up four slots will likely make one of you ) mark every single female in a battleground with those annoying raid symbols and spam "/kiss emotes" or something similar brs do.

-Make a troll HP set and que as a tank, I had alot of people trying to make me FC just because of that tank symbol and high stamina, you would be surprised (we wont mention any names but the community refers to them as the best players ) that those people would trust someone who is spinning and jumping in circles with a flag. This can lead to even more potential trolling.

-Another simple but effective way to grief is to rush a little bit ahead of your team mates in order to find and use resources before your teammates can reach them. Since this guide assumes you are a paladin, spec into Speed of Light talent use it and rush to take the Speed boost and then pickup the Berserking power up.

-Prioritize attacking hunter /lock pets and also shaman totems over players AND MAKE SURE TO KEYTURN and Skey HARDCORE. I cant stress this enough. Its bound to piss friendly players off.

11. Conclusion.

I did not want to include too many screenshots since there would be too many and I am sure you would get similar results. With that being said...

I hope you brought your sense of humour with you, and are willing to try griefing. It’s hilarious fun, especially when you get a bit of public notoriety for it. Troll on friends, troll on. “If Blizzard didn’t want players to do it, why would they put it in the game?” – Words of wisdom from Team Br.

here is an inspirational video

for the ultimate role model for an evil character/anti hero.

Last edited:
That sounds like a lot of work to mildly inconvenience some people you'll probably never see a second time

Carry on! We all have to hate ourselves just a tiny bit to play the 20s bracket anyway so I see no problem here lol

That sounds like a lot of work to mildly inconvenience some people you'll probably never see a second time
It was meant for cata/MoP era tho, so yes you probably would see them again possibly for nearly every game

Btw just a sidenote

Dorigon and his BH premade only found out we were griefers a game later (after a few of theirs got kicked and then rest of them left)

Technically only Swoops(THE ONE, THE ONLY) was aware of us being griefers, but Dorigon is Jewish and all Jews are smart irl so he gets a pass

hahaha, how you doing these days @inoobupro?

I still get red flags popping up in my head any time i see someone from Daggerspine, especially if they have one of your goofy RP names. Couldn't always tell if it was you or your buddy (or if there were ever actually two of you), but it was pretty obvious when it was one of you most of the time. You could pick out those two mages before the gates opened lol, even on horde.

Do you have a 100 warrior? I refuse to believe the Wreckdu <potato>, I saw in Org the other day isn't you.

hahaha, how you doing these days @inoobupro?

I still get red flags popping up in my head any time i see someone from Daggerspine, especially if they have one of your goofy RP names. Couldn't always tell if it was you or your buddy (or if there were ever actually two of you), but it was pretty obvious when it was one of you most of the time. You could pick out those two mages before the gates opened lol, even on horde.

Do you have a 100 warrior? I refuse to believe the Wreckdu <potato>, I saw in Org the other day isn't you.

Im doing ok as usual.

And you?

It was two of us -me and my brother, and that is in fact my bro's warrior you saw, what a small world we live in.

Users who are viewing this thread