[Guide] How to get your Blazing Wings

babouchka

Legend
415967.jpg

New toy added with the Darkmoon Faire:
Blazing Wings - Item - World of Warcraft

This is a quest given by Ziggie Sparks:
Ziggie Sparks - NPC - World of Warcraft

The NPC gives you a flying buff needed for the flying daily. If you go through 50 rings you'll unlock an achievement and get the wings. The flying buff is limited in time, going though a ring adds time to this timer.

Route:

XrBQjyf.png

You can install the following addon to help you:

* PASTE Paste - Chat & Communication - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse
* TOMTOM v60000-1.0.1 - TomTom - Map & Minimap - World of Warcraft Addons - Curse

The "Paste" addon will allow you to copy paste this route (which is too long for a regular macro):

/way 45, 69
/way 45, 67
/way 45, 65
/way 45, 62
/way 42, 55
/way 48, 49
/way 51, 43
/way 48, 37
/way 47, 41
/way 45, 38
/way 44, 36
/way 42, 34
/way 41, 43
/way 32, 40
/way 28, 35
/way 22, 32
/way 19, 37
/way 29, 44
/way 29, 51
/way 31, 60
/way 25, 65
/way 27, 67
/way 31, 66
/way 39, 67
/way 35, 72
/way 33, 81
/way 39, 75
/way 44, 78
/way 42, 87
/way 47, 88
/way 54, 87
/way 57, 85
/way 64, 91
/way 65, 84
/way 63, 77
/way 67, 76
/way 67, 80
/way 70, 79
/way 71, 72
/way 75, 68
/way 70, 66
/way 66, 65
/way 71, 59
/way 69, 51
/way 61, 53
/way 63, 44
/way 61, 40
/way 59, 33
/way 54, 45
/way 55, 50
/way 50, 55
/way 55, 58
/way 57, 64
/way 57, 70
/way 52, 72
/way 52, 77

and you will be able to see the point via tomtom.

Note: the quest is currently buggued:
Just to let everyone know, this daily is currently "bugged" as the rings are supposed to be personal.
https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/528791195540258816

More infos on wowhead:
http://beta.wowhead.com/achievement=9252#comments

Last edited by a moderator:
OK this is near impossible, not only do you have to get almost every ring, other people doing it can snatch the ring from you...

oh wow, that lvl 85 requirement :(

OK this is near impossible, not only do you have to get almost every ring, other people doing it can snatch the ring from you...

yes it's buggy, the ring are supposed not supposed to be shared armongst players

There's a much easier way to get this achievement.

Logout in front of the quest starter ("Ziggie Sparks"), while logging out, accept the quest. You should shoot up into the air and then fall back down without activating the wings (You will take fall damage).

Then cancel the logout. Repeat as many times as you like (I did it 3 times).

When you finally accept the quest normally (without being in the process of logging out) each ring will have spawned a duplicate of itself for each logout attempt.

For example, upon 3 logouts, each ring was worth 4 towards the 50 rings achievement.

Hope this helps everyone who is trying to get the achievement prior to the bug fix :/

Also, as stated above, you can add the toy to your toybox but no character below level 85 can use the toy :/ kind of depressing. Hope that changes.

The logout methode already got fixed on Eu.

If you are on a Pve server you can turn on PvP and while doing the challenge you are in a seperate phase (other ppl can turn pvp on aswell and enter the phase youre in).
Maybe not that helpful on high pop pve servers.

OMG if they change this to 20 I'm rolling Priest and never taking them off lol

Yeah I'm hoping they'll change the level req... no reason for it to be 85, that's so pointless. Why have them be a reward at the DMF then?

There's a much easier way to get this achievement.

Logout in front of the quest starter ("Ziggie Sparks"), while logging out, accept the quest. You should shoot up into the air and then fall back down without activating the wings (You will take fall damage).

Then cancel the logout. Repeat as many times as you like (I did it 3 times).

When you finally accept the quest normally (without being in the process of logging out) each ring will have spawned a duplicate of itself for each logout attempt.

For example, upon 3 logouts, each ring was worth 4 towards the 50 rings achievement.

Confirmed still working as of last night even though they patched the rings to be per-person. Using a druid in bear form and healing up after each drop made this easy.

Oh, speaking of which, you can totally do this daily in your animal forms. My favorite is as a stag. In stag form you have these cute tiny wings... The first time this happened to me I burst out laughing at the sight. Rocket-powered flying stags!

Using a druid in bear form and healing up after each drop made this easy.

What does bear form have to do with this? Falling damage is a static % of your hp-bar per fallen meter. Otherwise only low lvls would die from falling damage.
Cat form would have helped, though.

Blazing wings

will apear in your bags after you finish getting 50 rings.
you may learn it and it will apear on toy tab.
it indeed requires level 85, f2p can not use as of now.

What does bear form have to do with this? Falling damage is a static % of your hp-bar per fallen meter. Otherwise only low lvls would die from falling damage.
Cat form would have helped, though.

You're right, I used bear form for increased HP but cat form for reduced falling damage would have made a lot more sense. It was 1am.

Users who are viewing this thread