Guide for world boe blues/epics?

leecherboy

Grandfathered
Hello everyone, I have searched on the site and found a few things here and there about world drops and how scaling worked. But what I'm wondering is if there is an expansive guide on these things. I have seen people with hand of edward the odd or eye of flame scaled so 39 twinks can use them. My question is how exactly does this work?

Is there someone who has a list of what lvl character to kill mobs on to get what level loot and so on. I am making a 59 ret paladin so I'm particularly interested in the sword destiny.

Another question: Are there certain mobs/moblevel that is better to kill or certain mobs that have no chance to drop epic BOE world drops?

If someone could point me to a guide or answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Wowhead doesn't tell me where to get a req lvl 38 hand of edward the odd as far as i know. These epics scaling to any level is a pretty new thing, I'm not even sure which level character I would need to farm on to get boe world epics for my 59 twink.

DO NOT FARM a 50s DESTINY !!! lololol .. its the most inefficient way of getting that sword .. lvl50s destiny is the most common .. if you are talking about lvl30s and lvl40s, that is gonna be a pain in the (_Y_) .. but lvl50s its very common .. just bargain with whoever is selling it .. never never farm it .. the amount of time wasted is not even close to the amount of gold spend on buying 1 .. time is money friend !

Hello everyone, I have searched on the site and found a few things here and there about world drops and how scaling worked. But what I'm wondering is if there is an expansive guide on these things. I have seen people with hand of edward the odd or eye of flame scaled so 39 twinks can use them. My question is how exactly does this work?

Is there someone who has a list of what lvl character to kill mobs on to get what level loot and so on. I am making a 59 ret paladin so I'm particularly interested in the sword destiny.

Another question: Are there certain mobs/moblevel that is better to kill or certain mobs that have no chance to drop epic BOE world drops?

If someone could point me to a guide or answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
If only someone would make a guide that explains the only places to get the best scaled epics under level 60. I mean if only a guide that was titled with the only 2 spots in the game and a method of how to farm it. This should have been done months ago.....

Just post him the fucking link guys.

Here is a guide by sun for the vanilla raid boes. https://xpoff.com/threads/a-journey...ck-mountain-bathing-in-the-purple-rain.79562/

Yes thank you for this. But this is something I already looked at. When looking at this guide it seems like it is only relevant for 39 twinks. Does this mean that it will also work for 49s and 59s?

Also the guide didn't talk about what level character to get the best items. I have seen level 39 twinks with req37 epic BOEs.
If i go and farm these on a 59 character would i get req 57 items? would it not be better to farm on a level 61 character and get req 59 items?

Epics (and rares) are capped at ilvl 58. Epic BoE's scale +13 ilvls, so level 47,48,52,53,57,58 epics will all scale to ilvl 58. Ilvl 58 epics are soooo common that you don't need to farm them, just buy from AH

Reactions: Sun
There's so much information to cover, it honestly would need a glossary and index of all the different niche interactions (items not proccing or which do proc -- more relevant to 39s, variability in loot tables between Steppes/Silithus, how items in Steppes are more likely to scale past the intended spot compared to Silithus, how ideal BoE uncommons work in terms of scaling and why they DON'T drop on your x9 toons, which items 'share' loot tables ie. T1 and T2 drops in terms of rarity, etc). What many have said about 59s is true, these items ALREADY drop frequent enough at their original bracket that farming them out is ad nauseam considering most AHs will probably have some with capped ilvl.

The ideal farming will always be having an x9 toon present for loot. I'm sure others could explain better than myself, how scaled rares and scaled epics how their ilvls change differently.

Yes - this method is working for 39/49s. 59s could adapt it as well but its not worth the sunken cost. As for lower brackets, items will not scale down for 29s/19s.

Last edited:
So for the 59 bracket in particular, any time a person level say 58ish-120 gets a vanilla world boe drop it will be ilvl 58. so those should be the most common?

Yeah, pretty much. For 59s they should be pretty frequent and cheap. Other bracket drops have to be intentionally farmed out.

this is how i usually farm the stuff i need, but you need to have multiple accounts to do this .. if i want an item for a lvl59, i will put 4 of my lvl59 toons with a higher lvl one, group them up and repeatedly run the dungeon, usually the higher lvl lead toon is a hunter or a mage so they just run and aoe all the way from start till end, if the item drops, you can trade among your lvl59s, it reduces the amount of time you need to get an item .. sometimes i will put a plate a mail a leather and a cloth as a group to run, so nothing goes to waste

how ideal BoE uncommons work in terms of scaling and why they DON'T drop on your x9 toons, which items 'share' loot tables ie.
I was wondering about this, I was trying to farm lvl 29 uncommon BoE's on my 29, and in Hillsbrad it seemed to be too lvl req lvl (21-24) and same with Hinterlands (24-26) but in Western Plaugelands it was too high (31-35). Is there any zone where lvl 29 BoE's will actually drop?

I was wondering about this, I was trying to farm lvl 29 uncommon BoE's on my 29, and in Hillsbrad it seemed to be too lvl req lvl (21-24) and same with Hinterlands (24-26) but in Western Plaugelands it was too high (31-35). Is there any zone where lvl 29 BoE's will actually drop?

i cant give you the exact answer .. but this might give you an idea .. there is this dungeon i run everyday .. its a lvl70 heroic dungeon, i run 18 characters daily in groups of 3s, needless to say the lowest character is a lvl70 since the minimum lvl to enter this heroic is lvl70, among the 18 characters there are lvl120, 110, 101, 100, 99, 89, 84, 80, 76, 70 , and the green boe that frequently dropped are the lvl67, 68 and 69 of the latest/newest type. these items are suitable for use by lvl69, so that is where the 69 greens on AH comes from, but sadly 69 are using socketed gears, and one thing to mention, even on lvl120 or lvl110, the drops for them are still lvl67-69, it does not scale

I’m pretty sure @Bestworld made a post or replied on a thread with a thing telling how rares and epics scaled if anyone can find that it’d be super helpful

I’ve answered this question so much I don’t feel like answering again sorry

i cant give you the exact answer .. but this might give you an idea .. there is this dungeon i run everyday .. its a lvl70 heroic dungeon, i run 18 characters daily in groups of 3s, needless to say the lowest character is a lvl70 since the minimum lvl to enter this heroic is lvl70, among the 18 characters there are lvl120, 110, 101, 100, 99, 89, 84, 80, 76, 70 , and the green boe that frequently dropped are the lvl67, 68 and 69 of the latest/newest type. these items are suitable for use by lvl69, so that is where the 69 greens on AH comes from, but sadly 69 are using socketed gears, and one thing to mention, even on lvl120 or lvl110, the drops for them are still lvl67-69, it does not scale
Does this really apply to lvl 29's tho?

Does this really apply to lvl 29's tho?
i am still figuring out .. you see, the lvl70 heroic, items doesnt scale even for lvl120, that means certain dungeons might have item cap, why doesnt this lvl70 heroic dungeon drop items higher than lvl70 ? why are they all the 68s 69s ? in some dungeons, if i run this mix group, i would have gotten gears meant for each character according to their lvl, or close to their lvl .. am i right ? but .. there are no heroic lvl29 dungeons

i am still figuring out .. you see, the lvl70 heroic, items doesnt scale even for lvl120, that means certain dungeons might have item cap, why doesnt this lvl70 heroic dungeon drop items higher than lvl70 ? why are they all the 68s 69s ? in some dungeons, if i run this mix group, i would have gotten gears meant for each character according to their lvl, or close to their lvl .. am i right ? but .. there are no heroic lvl29 dungeons

While regular dungeons follow zone scaling rules e.g. vanilla dungeons max out at 60, Outland and Northrend dungeons max out at 80, etc., I'd expect heroic dungeons follow Raid rules i.e. max out at their pre-scaling levels. Only timewalking events will get you around that. To be sure, I'm speculating -- I'll defer to others who have on-the-ground experience.

While regular dungeons follow zone scaling rules e.g. vanilla dungeons max out at 60, Outland and Northrend dungeons max out at 80, etc., I'd expect heroic dungeons follow Raid rules i.e. max out at their pre-scaling levels. Only timewalking events will get you around that. To be sure, I'm speculating -- I'll defer to others who have on-the-ground experience.

Correct afaik, feel free to correct me too: You can only scale as high as what the content was designed for has been my rule of thumb. Obviously, I don't have the experience with Northrend+ scaling, but I believe the Lv70 heroic dungeon in question will not drop loot higher than its original capped level because its a BC/WotLK (Blizzard has since 'compacted' two expansions into one for streamlining purposes) instance. TW is a separate case since it scales fluidly.

yes .. that is correct .. if i run a 5 man mix lvl group, i will get blue rare loot thats ilvl60 or 80 for higher lvl toons, but thats for all other dungeons, not this particular heroic one, in other dungeons even for the green boes, they scale too, but for this heroic one, all blues stayed at ilvl77, no matter what lvl are my toons, the blue rare loots remain at ilvl77, and the greens are bunch of 68s, 69s, 67s .. i didnt take particular note because i was doing the dungeon for the 5int/6stam gems, but maybe it can provide some insights for those farming greens boes

Users who are viewing this thread