EU+US Guardian Druid

Wondering if defias set would be best for guardian druid or would that be the use of the other grandfathered gear like grizzled boots with looms or the common blues.. Kinda seeking bis so if one could help that would be greatly apriciated, couldn't find any discussions about that.

i dont use defias u get alot of value out of crit and the extra stam from boa is better than the agil u get from defias since u really play around landslide and you will get focused and you have few healers in pugs

i dont remember teh stats of grizzled boots but id probably use that with belt and gloves being defias

Wondering if defias set would be best for guardian druid or would that be the use of the other grandfathered gear like grizzled boots with looms or the common blues.. Kinda seeking bis so if one could help that would be greatly apriciated, couldn't find any discussions about that.

As a gaurdian druid, you need a high amount of stamina if you dont want to get shit on.

If you have Defias Chest, you should get full defias for the 5 agility, 10 AP and 5 arcane resist set bonuses.

If not, you should use Defias 2 set or 3 set if you also want the 5 arcane resist.

I dont think grizzled boots are worth it, it's 2 stamina vs 5 agility.

I played a little bit of Gaurdian Druid at 29, most of your damage comes from thrash spam (it did about 1k damage dot at 29), with the occasional mangle. Since your esentially trying to put a dot on the entire team, I felt like landslide worked nice since it procs somewhat often when you go into their team to dot everyone.

Here is what I would use on a gaurdian druid:

Head: loom
Neck: bonus armor loom (vers)
Shoulder: loom (3 agi 1 crit)
Cloak: loom (vers)
Chest: defias chest (+2 stats)
Wrist: black wolf bracers (5 stam)
Gloves: defias (9 stam)
Belt: defias
Legs: defias (5 stam 2 dodge)
Boots: defias (minor speed)
Ring: agi loom (vers)
Ring2: ellos band or argas (vers)
Weapon: heirloom 2h mace (landslide / ele force / dancing steel)

If you dont have defias chest, just use 2 or 3 set bonus.

Here is what I would use on a gaurdian druid:

Head: loom
Neck: bonus armor loom (vers)
Shoulder: loom (3 agi 1 crit)
Cloak: loom (vers)
Chest: defias chest (+2 stats)
Wrist: black wolf bracers (5 stam)
Gloves: defias (9 stam)
Belt: defias
Legs: defias (5 stam 2 dodge)
Boots: defias (minor speed)
Ring: agi loom (vers)
Ring2: ellos band or argas (vers)
Weapon: heirloom 2h mace (landslide / ele force / dancing steel)

If you dont have defias chest, just use 2 or 3 set bonus.
This is what I initially was thinking about except the agi loom ring and just using ellos and argas.

Having so much gf'd gear and so many older tinks with that that I just wanted to update all of them. Using and playing will be another story, maby when the players get a bit more mature in this bracket and it gets fun to play I might. Well see.

Thanks Yapah. More views on this are always welcome :)

i updated my armory to my guardian gear, all i can say is, while defias may look enticing you should not underestimate the value of crit as a guardian druid. If you want to go for a more cat-focused guardian like you seem to be building towards, you should use impaling harpoon with your defias set.

(you can see for example, i am using the 5/5/5 satchel belt over the defias belt, im not 100% sure on the math for this but i was advised to go this route by some smart math friends. dont forget that 2 be playing guardian optimally u should be using ur 5pt, which gets double value from crit)

Users who are viewing this thread