Guardian Druid

Dcm

idc
I know I made a thread not too long ago about feral gearing, but I recently swapped over guardian and I found it to be a lot more enjoyable. For the most part, I'm BiS, but there's a few questions I have.

Defending Champion (8 stam/5 vers trinket) or Touch of the Void? Generally, the main difference between guardian and feral gearing is that guardian potentially goes after stam as some type of priority without giving up too much agility. That's why I use def champion for now, but the on use for void trinket would give massive damage in group fights?

Landslide or Elemental Force? I primarily use ele force, but some people have told me to swap over to landslide for max AP.

Thats it off the top of my head, however I'll drop my armory in case anyone has any more recommendations for me.

Dcmsz @ Argent Dawn - Community - World of Warcraft

Also a side note. I didn't start off as worgen, so I don't have mace of the blood price.

Thanks in advance :)

I know I made a thread not too long ago about feral gearing, but I recently swapped over guardian and I found it to be a lot more enjoyable. For the most part, I'm BiS, but there's a few questions I have.

Defending Champion (8 stam/5 vers trinket) or Touch of the Void? Generally, the main difference between guardian and feral gearing is that guardian potentially goes after stam as some type of priority without giving up too much agility. That's why I use def champion for now, but the on use for void trinket would give massive damage in group fights?

Landslide or Elemental Force? I primarily use ele force, but some people have told me to swap over to landslide for max AP.

Thats it off the top of my head, however I'll drop my armory in case anyone has any more recommendations for me.

Dcmsz @ Argent Dawn - Community - World of Warcraft

Also a side note. I didn't start off as worgen, so I don't have mace of the blood price.

Thanks in advance :)

I prefer to use landslide since it procc's insanely fast with thrash spamming and the damage is insane.

Wouldn't it be better to swap gloomshroud out with Armor of the fang? If i remmeber right, Armor of the fang has more stamina, but no crit.

Iirc the gloves enchant is like 12 stamina scaled?! That's just nuts, its like a free trinket slot. Using that let's you get aggresive with the rest of your gear. In everything I've found for mage it's BiS. Also since you are already running the defias boots its probably worth getting the bonus armor from the set with the gloves. Touch of void just straight up melts people. Switch to Defending on CD if you like or use the armor kit to make up for the stamina lost from defending and just run it all the time.

Edit: Oh you have the defias belt, didn't see. Well you got some options there.

People in this thread have already given you some great advice for Guardian, and fully answered your questions.

I'd like to address the perhaps unpopular point that Feral is Improved Guardian in (literally) every way.

Tank specializations take increased damage in PvP because endgame RBG comps had begun to rely on them too often.

This is why, as you may have noticed, level 19s and 20s run a Restoration Druid FC in their premade games.

The truth is, Feral is Guardian that takes less damage, deals more damage, and has more buttons. If you want to play Guardian because it's not broken like Feral, then completely disregard this comment.

Defending champion is useful overall but touch of the void has some sick damage in big midfights. And I'd recommend Ele force for small group fights and landslide for bigger fights (4-whole team)

Thanks everyone for the advice.

People in this thread have already given you some great advice for Guardian, and fully answered your questions.

I'd like to address the perhaps unpopular point that Feral is Improved Guardian in (literally) every way.

Tank specializations take increased damage in PvP because endgame RBG comps had begun to rely on them too often.

This is why, as you may have noticed, level 19s and 20s run a Restoration Druid FC in their premade games.

The truth is, Feral is Guardian that takes less damage, deals more damage, and has more buttons. If you want to play Guardian because it's not broken like Feral, then completely disregard this comment.

Yeah from playing feral I see what you mean, but I swapped to guardian to test the waters and I find it more enjoyable really. Unless the legion patch completely ruins this spec for this level, I don't think I'll see myself going back feral. I think I find more fun in the fact that it's a bit of a challenge to play

Wouldn't it be better to swap gloomshroud out with Armor of the fang? If i remmeber right, Armor of the fang has more stamina, but no crit.

Also, sorry for the double post. I actually have an armor of the fang, but I forgot how much it scales. Next time I'm in a bg I'll check it out, but it seems that if I swap over to the 12 stam glove enchant like someone had suggested, then I might not have a need for that extra bit of stam

If stamina is needed (c'mon and Rage already!) you might think about switching to the Secret Oxhorn Inscription or Glove Reinforcements.

And Void Tendrils are just too good to pass up... I'll often keep Defending Champ and drop the escape trink (especially in EoTS).

Glad to hear you are enjoying the bear challenge.

If stamina is needed (c'mon and Rage already!) you might think about switching to the Secret Oxhorn Inscription or Glove Reinforcements.

And Void Tendrils are just too good to pass up... I'll often keep Defending Champ and drop the escape trink (especially in EoTS).

Glad to hear you are enjoying the bear challenge.

Ill grab another pair of shoulders with that enchant. And what I was thinking is ill primarily use void trinket, and when pvp trinket is on cd, I'll swap it out for defending champion.

And im just waiting for a pair of fang gloves to be up on the AH for a decent price for the 12 stam, otherwise I'd be using it right now. My server kinda sucks, so I'll probably end up farming it on my 100. I have defias gloves with the 12 stam enchant, but I think I've decided on using my 2 piece with belt and boots

Users who are viewing this thread