EU+US Griftah Masks (Item Level 100) as a F2P/Vet Level 20 Rogue with No (OK a Little) Help

FiveSpice

Legend
Many people ask this and there are several brief responses. Once done it seems obvious, but it took me a while to work it out and this (hopefully) complete guide will speed your progress. There are also some tips here which help in other regards as well. I have done this as Horde and Alliance & it works fine.

Prepare.
  1. Make sure you have several gold (or Eternium Thread or Walnut Stock) for flights in Draenor & enough bag space (20+) for the stuff you will be pick-pocketing to get a mask.
  2. This is where you need help – two options:
    • Get to Draenor via Pandaria. This is a useful route as you can portal to lots of places from Summer’s Rest (Horde) or The Golden Lantern (Alliance).
      • Blag a portal from a mage – hard, as you can only talk direct on the F2PAddon. I’ve spent many an evening dancing in front of random high level mages until one starts a conversation. Dressing up boxes and, if you play a female toon sad to say, sexy outfits help. Get those Black Spring Circlets & Lovely Black Dresses out of Void Storage.
      • Corpse Run* / Swim to Timeless Isle. (* Top Tip: Queue for a Random Battleground, run, die, corpse run again as far as you dare before the Battleground pops. A Flight Point is a good spot to hang around for a while so that you don’t ever have to repeat the whole route. When you finish the Battleground you will be back where you were but alive – a delayed rez. Rinse, repeat until you have reached your destination.)
      • Collect your faction’s Flight Point. (See tip above.)
      • Corpse Run* / Swim to the bottom right of the map (70,77)
      • Swim down to a cave in which you will find a circle of chairs around a fire*. Sit in a chair & click on the fire. (* Top Tip: There are several piles of Glinting Sand behind the chairs – these contain Timeless Coins.)
      • You appear in Draenor at a similar circle of chairs (74,24). Now you can travel to The Temple of Lights (I suggest via the Flight Master at Everbloom Overlook, which has hostile mobs en route.) One guide said to head to your faction’s side of The Iron Docks where you can ask for a ride back to the garrison. This does indeed take you to where your Garrison would be if you had one, but in fact as a 20 it drops you amongst hostile mobs & you die. You can then corpse run to a flight point (As Horde I went to Stonefang Outpost, Frostfire Ridge) but this way seems to take longer overall to me. Alliance route is possibly faster.
  • Get to Draenor Direct. Same end result as above but more direct though less other portal benefits.
    • Blag a portal from a mage again.
Start Running.

3. Ride/corpse run to Exarch’s Refuge in Talador, which is very close to The Temple of Lights, (The Entrance is at 59, 65), and get the flight path for future trips.

4. Head into the temple (guarded so you’ll die) & down the stairs & into the far end of the chamber on the left. (Even if in stealth expect to die a few times but keep going – the Graveyard is only a short run away.) Too far & mobs from outside have got me. Once in a safe place inside, (see map attached) stealth & start pick-pocketing the mobs that spawn. You will die occasionally if you are not careful but finding the right spot helps a lot. (Tips welcome here.)

5. The first time you pick-pocket you will get a Secretive Whistle. Blow it (it has a 15m cool-down) anywhere & Griftah appears. Talk to him & you can fence your loot or he'll show you his goods! 1000 Dingy Iron Coins (15/20 minutes pick pocketing) gets you a mask, but he can sell you more besides.

Any improvements please comment & I'm happy to edit.

Attachments

• Tomb of Lights 1.png
    Tomb of Lights 1.png
    496 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Thanks
Yesterday arrive to Pandaria whit the event and I was looking for this
As a f2p is really useful

Bump, thanks dude good guide.
After you get in the left chamber I found this was a good place to be.

UAQncLB.jpg

Too far left and a mob from above teleports down and kills you. Too far to the right and the Lock at that portal will come over. Just tab and pickpocket, takes about 30 mins if that. Don't need to move.

@Sunwatcher

7.3 information :
The event does not work anymore on the mobs that pop, it makes it harder to get the mask at 7.3, but still obtainable via other mobs.

7.3 information :
The event does not work anymore on the mobs that pop, it makes it harder to get the mask at 7.3, but still obtainable via other mobs.
So where would you say the best spot is now?

The Iron front in Tanzania Jungle is a great spot since the tomb is no longer feasable. GY is right where the mobs are. Pickpocket, die, repeat. Also make sure to pull the mobs into the NPCs so they die and reset. Just have someone fly you there.

Many people ask this and there are several brief responses. Once done it seems obvious, but it took me a while to work it out and this (hopefully) complete guide will speed your progress. There are also some tips here which help in other regards as well. I have done this as Horde and Alliance & it works fine.

Prepare.
  1. Make sure you have several gold (or Eternium Thread or Walnut Stock) for flights in Draenor & enough bag space (20+) for the stuff you will be pick-pocketing to get a mask.
  2. This is where you need help – two options:
    • Get to Draenor via Pandaria. This is a useful route as you can portal to lots of places from Summer’s Rest (Horde) or The Golden Lantern (Alliance).
      • Blag a portal from a mage – hard, as you can only talk direct on the F2PAddon. I’ve spent many an evening dancing in front of random high level mages until one starts a conversation. Dressing up boxes and, if you play a female toon sad to say, sexy outfits help. Get those Black Spring Circlets & Lovely Black Dresses out of Void Storage.
      • Corpse Run* / Swim to Timeless Isle. (* Top Tip: Queue for a Random Battleground, run, die, corpse run again as far as you dare before the Battleground pops. A Flight Point is a good spot to hang around for a while so that you don’t ever have to repeat the whole route. When you finish the Battleground you will be back where you were but alive – a delayed rez. Rinse, repeat until you have reached your destination.)
      • Collect your faction’s Flight Point. (See tip above.)
      • Corpse Run* / Swim to the bottom right of the map (70,77)
      • Swim down to a cave in which you will find a circle of chairs around a fire*. Sit in a chair & click on the fire. (* Top Tip: There are several piles of Glinting Sand behind the chairs – these contain Timeless Coins.)
      • You appear in Draenor at a similar circle of chairs (74,24). Now you can travel to The Temple of Lights (I suggest via the Flight Master at Everbloom Overlook, which has hostile mobs en route.) One guide said to head to your faction’s side of The Iron Docks where you can ask for a ride back to the garrison. This does indeed take you to where your Garrison would be if you had one, but in fact as a 20 it drops you amongst hostile mobs & you die. You can then corpse run to a flight point (As Horde I went to Stonefang Outpost, Frostfire Ridge) but this way seems to take longer overall to me. Alliance route is possibly faster.
  • Get to Draenor Direct. Same end result as above but more direct though less other portal benefits.
    • Blag a portal from a mage again.
Start Running.

3. Ride/corpse run to Exarch’s Refuge in Talador, which is very close to The Temple of Lights, (The Entrance is at 59, 65), and get the flight path for future trips.

4. Head into the temple (guarded so you’ll die) & down the stairs & into the far end of the chamber on the left. (Even if in stealth expect to die a few times but keep going – the Graveyard is only a short run away.) Too far & mobs from outside have got me. Once in a safe place inside, (see map attached) stealth & start pick-pocketing the mobs that spawn. You will die occasionally if you are not careful but finding the right spot helps a lot. (Tips welcome here.)

5. The first time you pick-pocket you will get a Secretive Whistle. Blow it (it has a 15m cool-down) anywhere & Griftah appears. Talk to him & you can fence your loot or he'll show you his goods! 1000 Dingy Iron Coins (15/20 minutes pick pocketing) gets you a mask, but he can sell you more besides.

Any improvements please comment & I'm happy to edit.

Is this Fix ? i can't pickpocket them it say they are empty in the temple of light atleast ? where is the best spot now ?

Is this Fix ? i can't pickpocket them it say they are empty in the temple of light atleast ? where is the best spot now ?
7.3 information :

The Iron front in Tanzania Jungle is a great spot since the tomb is no longer feasable. GY is right where the mobs are. Pickpocket, die, repeat. Also make sure to pull the mobs into the NPCs so they die and reset. Just have someone fly you there.

It's in the thread already.

My 2 cents for getting helm :

1) Make a pickpocketing macro (to auto loot when pickpocket),

2) Get a mage port to stormshield or get a lock summon to hfc

3) Get someone (or the same person who summoned you) to fly you to Iron front in Tanaan jungle with 2 seater flying mount

4) Have that person aggro humanoid mobs mobs so you can pickpocket (don’t be close to them or you will die. Make sure that person has aggro before pickpocketing)

*It is recommend that the person helping you has a Rez spell, so you don’t have to wait 2min to Rez if you die.

*You’ll get secretive whistle from pickpocketing first humanoid mob.

5) After pickpocketing for maybe 15-20 min, use the secretive whistle, which will be in your bag, and fence your loot.

6) Then, purchase an ilvl 100 helm. (Can do this multiple times if you want all mogs, but only necessary to have one).

Users who are viewing this thread