Greetings and Salutations!

Bop

Remember the Treeline
Hello XPOff community!

My WoW handle is Bop, and as of today I'm this website's newest administrator; tasked with regulating badges and the Arena ladder.

I'm very excited to have this position, as I've always been very passionate about WoW arenas and ELO rating systems in general.

I don't want to make this an auto-biography thread, but I do want to talk a little bit about my experiences in WoW and my goal going forward.

I played endgame WoW for the roughly 8 year span from the start of The Burning Crusade to the early days of Cataclysm. I played off and on after that, but for the most part I did not participate in any sort of PvP. Starting in early Mists of Pandaria, I came across the world of Free to Play World of Warcraft. I immediately fell in love with the XPOff lifestyle, and shortly thereafter came across low-level arenas.

Perhaps the biggest shortcoming of low-level arenas is that there is no way of publicly rewarding skillful play - something that Title Rewards are designed to do at endgame. Communities can organize tournaments, constantly host wargaming sessions, etc - but at the end of the day, there is very little in the way of public recognition for our arena champions.

Now that low-level arena enthusiasts have access to skirmishes and the hidden Matchmaking Rating that comes along with that system, we have a way of integrating that hidden MMR into an actual Arena Ladder. The goal of this ladder should be to publicly reward those players who perform well and do so fairly in comparison to other XPOff players of their same level.

Furthermore, with the addition of PvP badges as rewards, we can both reward players who reach certain thresholds on the Arena Ladder as well as those players who participate in approved Arena Tournaments. While badges aren't necessarily replacements for Financial rewards, they work as encouragements for both the event organizer and participants as a means of recognition in this community.

We have the chance here to give meaning to low-level arenas in a way that has previously eluded our community, and I think with hard work and communication we will be able to achieve that goal.

Thank you for this unique opportunity,

Bop of Mok'nathal

hi bop
u farnkfriend? ;o
farnk likes u.

Reactions: Bop
Thank you for taking on these responsibilities! I'm not big on arena, but I know it's a huge part of many peoples' twinking experiences.

Welcome and grats! I like your enthusiasm! :)

Well, at least I'll be able to actually read what the Arena admin types now.

Users who are viewing this thread