Green Whelp Armor for Flag Carriers?

interesting...(shows Item Level 20 so no need for relic?)

I don't know how it fares in the new expansion, but it used to be a criminally underrated piece of gear for non-cloth healers. No DRs, no cooldown. One of my favorite memories was sleeping two rogues plus a hunter from 30 yards away (the armor can proc from ranged physical damage) in under 3 seconds.

Be forewarned, the RNG is crazy with this one. When it's hot, it's hot. When it's not, it's barren for a solid minute for no sensical reason. I would guess that while it would be fun for FCs, you would ultimately want something with better stats for more reliable survivability.

I used it as DPS too, back in the day... but i was always solo-queue and out of position. ;)

Was amazing for 1 v 2-3.

It'd be iLvl23 with relic--which is +2 Vers I believe?

On my LW in-game it has lower ilvl at 14 with the relic than as 13 without. Tooltip, anyway, I didnt craft it.

9NxIZ3S.png

Last edited:
I "fondly" remember chasing around a few Shaman Who Shall Not Be Named who made good use of this in 39s.

It's probably a decent enough choice for crossing mid with support but I feel like its one of those things where the cases that it actually gives you a cross you wouldnt otherwise get is incredibly narrow.

tested on PTR, extremely high proc chance, 35% up time (!) with a 20 DH hitting me (20 paladin) in a duel.

this will be the BiS chest piece for my paladin, the health saved from pets alone will make the stats loss worthwhile.

need to be a little careful with cons though because the effect breaks on damage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread