Green Lens

Strokes

Veteran
I've been reading conflicting sources on whether or not the stat Green Lens of the Eagle, Bear, etc... exist on classic. I can't find anything on reddit / google about it so I was wondering if anyone has seen one yet, and if so, could I get a screen shot. I've been combing the Incendius-US horde side AH since release and haven't seen anything.

Pretty sure you can only get:

- Fire damage
- Frost damage
- Shadow damage
- Nature damage
- Healing power

- 6 mana / 5 seconds
- 6 health / 5 seconds

May be wrong though

Last edited:
I'm like 70% sure animal suffixes weren't till... Wrath?

Jesus my memory is fucked
They got grandfathered in 1.3 apparently, but I don't see them listed on any databases I've looked at. I've personally seen an eagle one on retail back in TBC/Wrath, and there was some drama about an exploited monkey one that noone could figure out if it was legit or not.

The guy that had it was rich, though. Naxx enchants on shoulders, shadowforge bushmaster, etc... No idea how much they were worth. Up there with PoD if I had to guess.

Edit: He was a female nelf hunter named ghost with some weird o. He was in the nightfall battle group iirc

They got grandfathered in 1.3 apparently, but I don't see them listed on any databases I've looked at. I've personally seen an eagle one on retail back in TBC/Wrath, and there was some drama about an exploited monkey one that noone could figure out if it was legit or not.

The guy that had it was rich, though. Naxx enchants on shoulders, shadowforge bushmaster, etc... No idea how much they were worth. Up there with PoD if I had to guess.

Edit: He was a female nelf hunter named ghost with some weird o. He was in the nightfall battle group iirc
you could craft them in wrath. I made a perf Stam lense on my third one and we had buckets of owl, eagle and int lenses in the guild. Though it occurs to me that I remember some suffixes were gfd? And there was some chatter that lenses were craftable "again"?

I quit whenever xpoff queues stopped popping. I was pigeon holed into having to transfer all my twinks to nightfall to be able to play, and I didn't have the cash to do it considering I was like 14. iirc stam / bear / eagle lenses weren't craftable then and were worth $$$$. I only ever saw maybe 4-5 people with them back then. I have no idea what happened to the recipe after that.

I'll keep ticketing GMs til I get a definitive answer.

I and several of my guildies obtained some eagle, stam, and int lenses. I never met any of the original crafters. My understanding is that before 1.3 they could proc stam, int, eagle, owl, and wolf, and that was it. None of the other variants. I think basically some people made some, held on to them when they realized they were going to be grandfathered, and then sold them for boatloads of gold years later. I didn't get my hands on them until Wrath. At that time there were people who were transferring toons to other servers in order to buy them, and then transferring back to their home server. I had one enterprising guildie who played the AH and figured out ways to go around to other servers and buy these things up. My guess is that between all the top twink guild in Bloodlust battlegroup, we probably got our hands on... maybe 2 or 3 dozen stats lenses? We had several hundred twinks, and that was the best we could do. It was a bit of a craze for several months. XD

At the height of my twink's stats, I had an eagle lens with the wrath stam/resil head enchant, stam/resil shoulder enchants, leg enchants, and 450 mining. Ahhh, good times.

Also, I know private servers generally allow stats lenses to proc, though at a low rate.

I and several of my guildies obtained some eagle, stam, and int lenses. I never met any of the original crafters. My understanding is that before 1.3 they could proc stam, int, eagle, owl, and wolf, and that was it. None of the other variants. I think basically some people made some, held on to them when they realized they were going to be grandfathered, and then sold them for boatloads of gold years later. I didn't get my hands on them until Wrath. At that time there were people who were transferring toons to other servers in order to buy them, and then transferring back to their home server. I had one enterprising guildie who played the AH and figured out ways to go around to other servers and buy these things up. My guess is that between all the top twink guild in Bloodlust battlegroup, we probably got our hands on... maybe 2 or 3 dozen stats lenses? We had several hundred twinks, and that was the best we could do. It was a bit of a craze for several months. XD

At the height of my twink's stats, I had an eagle lens with the wrath stam/resil head enchant, stam/resil shoulder enchants, leg enchants, and 450 mining. Ahhh, good times.

Also, I know private servers generally allow stats lenses to proc, though at a low rate.

Yea, its good to know at least some other people know what I'm talking about. Every gm I've contacted thus far just copy/pastes the wowhead link and says thats how it is. None of them even acknowledge the old outcomes technically should still be possible and won't let me escalate the issue to someone that would know.

I understand that classic isn't a 1:1 port of vanilla 1.12, but it'd be nice to know before I try to craft 100s of these things.

Just gonna keep putting up tickets til they either help me out or mute me.

Final GM response - looks like it won't be possible

"I definitely understand wanting to get the most precise information you can as you can be crafting these Green Lenses for quite some time in order to get your desired stats.

I looked into this further for you and you won't be able to roll raw stat Green Lenses as that was a bug in the original Vanilla WoW that was fixed in a later patch.

So the only possible modifiers for this item will be Nature's Wrath, Arcane Wrath, Fiery Wrath, Shadow Wrath, Concentration, Healing, Frozen Wrath, and Regeneration, as the modifiers for raw stats like Int and Spirit were removed.

I know it can all be a bit confusing since we are on the first phase of Vanilla WoW, and this was not something fixed until later on, however bug fixes from later patches were something that was kept in the initial launch of Classic.

Another way to look at this is, all patch balance changes for classes in terms of abilities and talents are using their final patch 1.13 iteration, even though all class and skills were changed many times over the life span of Vanilla WoW, the same goes for item bug fixes, in which only the "fixed" outcome will be present in current Classic.

Thanks again for taking your time and getting in touch with us about this! If you need any more assistance with anything, always feel free to hit us up."

Users who are viewing this thread