Grandfathered Gear Shadowlands

Snipez

Hi,

** I have posted this in the 39 group too, in the hope of catching a few more people for advice**

So Iv had quite a long break form retail wow since a lot of the twink brackets died, but I am considering giving shadowlands a try.

I was wondering if anyone has information on which gear, items are likely to be grandfathered due to the level squish? So that I can prepare a bit for the release.

Im tempted by the new 29 bracket as I have a couple of 59 twinks. Im also not against the idea of leveling up to 99 to fit into the new 39 bracket.

Am I right in thinking that there will be instances/raids that are available now to characters, that will not be when the squish happens?

Is it better to NOT complete any quests now, and save them for after the release?

Thanks!

Am I right in thinking that there will be instances/raids that are available now to characters, that will not be when the squish happens

If you have access to a raid now, but not in SL, the raid gear will be red for you. For example 70 twinks get scaled to 27, but the TBC raid gear will req 30 to equip.

The only things I can think of are maybe quest rewards or crafted items

If you have access to a raid now, but not in SL, the raid gear will be red for you. For example 70 twinks get scaled to 27, but the TBC raid gear will req 30 to equip.

So just to clear it up, its kinda confusing, I should be trying to complete level 70 raids and crafting level 70 items before the new expansion? I was guessing i should not do any quests until i reach the squished level?

So just to clear it up, its kinda confusing, I should be trying to complete level 70 raids and crafting level 70 items before the new expansion? I was guessing i should not do any quests until i reach the squished level?

Yes go for gear as it wont be obtainable

The gear is not red at all, in fact afte a few tickets they changed the heroic gear even that’s been obtained from 30 to req 27. It’s weird since the raid requires 30 but the gear requires 27

Yes go for gear as it wont be obtainable

The gear is not red at all, in fact afte a few tickets they changed the heroic gear even that’s been obtained from 30 to req 27. It’s weird since the raid requires 30 but the gear requires 27

What are you guys talking about? BC raid gear says it requires 27: https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=34337/golden-staff-of-the-sindorei

Users who are viewing this thread