EU+US Grand Marshal Replica Gear Xmogable on 60s

Sponsor

Achievement Hunting
Great news everyone!

I've been testing some stuff on my 60 on PTR and found something pretty sick.

If this is unintended I will ask a GM to remove/delete this post so Blizzard's spies may not hotfix this before release!

WoWScrnShot_071116_172450.jpg

As seen in the screenshot, it appears r13 replica gear is usable on your twinks! I've unlocked Priest replicas on my main back in MoP and since they technically require level 60 to use, I guess you can use them on your 60s!

Im going to go check if Knight-Lieutenant gear (the Rare grade replica) is usable on lvl 59 twinks too!

Keep this on the down-low.

Last edited:
It does require rank OR 1800+ RBG Achievement on that character.
Not as of a few days ago, I checked on a toon that hasn't done a single RBG, only did a few Arenas back in WotLK and probably didn't even make 1300, plus wasn't around in Vanilla.

Unless it's an account wide Achievement progress because my Druid got to like 2250 Arena during WotLK, if that even counts. I checked 2-3 days ago on my Hunter which doesn't for a fact have any of those Achievements/Ranks.

Just checked and I can't buy it with character which does not have 1800 RBG achievement but I can buy it with character which does have 1800+ RBG achievement.
Level does not matter, since my 1800+ RBG character is lvl 99 and not 100.

Proof:
Replica.jpg

@DeLindsay you prolly bought the one in stormwind (which requires no rating) but cant be mogged
Ah see that must be it because I did check the Vendor in Org and could buy items. Keep in mind, when those were implemented (Cata iirc) you couldn't purchase those either unless you had the Vanilla PvP Rank to do so. So if I'm understanding both of you it's this:

• Org/SW: No Rating/Rank/Achievement to Purchase but cannot mog.
  • Netherstorm: Rating/Rank/Achievement is required to Purchase and CAN mog.

Just a little update on the replica gear situation.

Alright so I played around a bit with my lvl 54 twink, levelled him to 58 (going 59 for Legion) to test out the Knight-Lieutenant Replica xmog armor.

It was a bit tricky to get it to work on my 58 priest, but I managed to get it transmoged.

WoWScrnShot_071316_121121.jpg

Here is the catch: there are TWO versions of Knight-Lieutenant/Commander Replica armor. There is a set that requires level 58, and a set that requires level 60 to use. I did the lazy method and bought random pieces available of Priest replica gear to complete a set on retail. I went onto PTR after copying my 100 priest and found that I was not able to mog everything. On the PTR and purchased the remaining pieces. Now here comes the tricky part. From my first purchase, the level 60 version overrides the level 58 version; preventing me from being able to xmog it on my 58 priest EVEN though I did have the level 58.

The solution to that problem was simple: I deleted my copied 100 priest, went back to retail and ONLY bought the level 58 replica gear. Copied him back to PTR and ta-dahhh. Profit as seen in the above screenie.

Now for those planning on doing this for their 59 twinks, I recommend you vendor all your current Knight-Lieutenant/Commander replica armor and re-purchase it by buying the level 58 version.

For the 60 twinks interested in this its pretty simple since everything works if you are level 60.

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Seems like I cant mog replicas, which I bought with other class. For example I bought all Rogue replicas (lvl 58) on my 85 shaman, but on my rogue I cant mog them. Only on shaman.

EDIT: I can use mog which I bought on 85 shaman on other shaman.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread