EU+US Good Find?

Veechard

Legend
Got my hands on 3 lvl 1 cloth pieces that I’m pretty sure are grandfathered for that level.

Calico Belt lvl 1
Frayed Gloves lvl 1
Patchwork Boots lvl 1

Says like lvl 8,9 and 12 I think for each on wowhead

Did I make a good buy?

i mite have looted patchwork boots as recent as 2 months ago

i have 0 fkn evidence tho
so given my substance abuse history
it mite never have happened

why would u buy those? its greys scaled to lvl 1, if u go to wowhead u'll see greys have lvl 1 ilvl 1 scaled version, nothing special

why would u buy those? its greys scaled to lvl 1, if u go to wowhead u'll see greys have lvl 1 ilvl 1 scaled version, nothing special

Just because wowhead has a scaling meter on it, and it lets you drag down to level 1, does not mean you can get it that low. I’m under the impression min level is the lvl it says on each item for wowhead. Aka 8, 9 shit like that. And because you can’t get them to drop in starting areas, they can’t scale 1.

Got my hands on 3 lvl 1 cloth pieces [...]

Says like lvl 8,9 and 12 I think for each on wowhead
I'm confused... are they rLvl-1 or iLvl-1? I threw-together a 1-twink for The Great Gnomeregan Run around 5 months ago... and when I was trying to see what kinds of items would drop for her, I ended up with about a dozen white iLvl-5 pieces (no rLvl).

Level-1.jpg

...I'm not sure if that's actually relevant information, but make of it what you will.

Last edited:
pay no attention 2 h8rs
keep reppin ilvl 1 swag

mite hit u up 1 day
4 the brocade brigade

I'm confused... are they rLvl-1 or iLvl-1? I threw-together a 1-twink for The Great Gnomeregan Run around 5 months ago... and when I was trying to see what kinds of items would drop for her, I ended up with about a dozen white iLvl-5 pieces (no rLvl).

View attachment 12219

...I'm not sure if that's actually relevant information, but make of it what you will.

Those are either vendor pieces or from quests. These I linked are greys from mobs 8+ but scaled to lvl 1

I guess nobody ever really posted a thread for this, but these items aren't that hard to come by. Any grey gear that drops from mobs that are lootable on a level 1 will scale all the way down to level 1. I've collected a whole ilvl 1 set of gear through this trick to minimize my ilvl on a lvl1 dueler alt for hit rate abuse.

I farm the rare in Elwyn forest with my level 5 but for the moment only poor item and 6 slot bag.
On wowhead, it says there 20% chance to loot a green cloak. Stats change with level or I have no luck?

I guess nobody ever really posted a thread for this, but these items aren't that hard to come by. Any grey gear that drops from mobs that are lootable on a level 1 will scale all the way down to level 1. I've collected a whole ilvl 1 set of gear through this trick to minimize my ilvl on a lvl1 dueler alt for hit rate abuse.

Pretty sure I’ve seen 1 twinks on this site talking about how mobs and normal rares in Elwynn have been giving them no loot for about 2 months now almost. So idk if you got those a while back or just before the scaling zone patch happened, but as far as I’m concerned, I haven’t seen these particular items scale this low

Pretty sure I’ve seen 1 twinks on this site talking about how mobs and normal rares in Elwynn have been giving them no loot for about 2 months now almost. So idk if you got those a while back or just before the scaling zone patch happened, but as far as I’m concerned, I haven’t seen these particular items scale this low
I hadn't noticed any particular zones not dropping greys, but I did farm almost all of mine on fray isle, which is a lvl 10+ zone iirc, still lootable by lvl 1s.
EDIT: I also got a chestpiece drop for me since 8.2 released. Don't recall where though.

for anyone interested in this stuff there are 3 lvl 1 frayed gloves on Misha/Rexxar. they are the only 3 on US auction housesView attachment 12239

theres also a wispy cloak (unobtainable) on BlackwingLair for 100k or so. also the only one on US ah's https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/blackwing-lair/item/3322

Me thinks I made a good buy if that’s the case.
[doublepost=1564082691,1564082557][/doublepost]
I hadn't noticed any particular zones not dropping greys, but I did farm almost all of mine on fray isle, which is a lvl 10+ zone iirc, still lootable by lvl 1s.
EDIT: I also got a chestpiece drop for me since 8.2 released. Don't recall where though.

What’s fray isle?

the island south east of Ratchet in northern barrens

can take ratchet boat from booty bay if alliance

I’ll test this evening but I’m almost certain most of the people posting on this thread had farmed just after the zone change patch, but prior to 8.2, so I’m becoming more and more convinced that they lvl 1 greys are gone

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread