US <Gone Fishing> The Beginning

charlysheen

Legend
Following the wonderfully scheduled Valentine's night NWL series, featuring <UGGTW> vs <Gone Fishing>, that never actually happened, I wanted to shed a bit of light on the past, present, and future of Gone Fishing; as it has become aware to me that there is little known about us and some people have a pessimistic view towards what we are trying to become.

<Gone Fishing> was a guild created by myself, Charlysheen, and Kindcreation (FC Druid) in late November. We were a part of the <Only Here for HKs> team but when players, officers, and even the GM became inactive and unreachable, we decided to do something about it. The week <Only Here for HKs> droppe out of Season 2 NWL, I spoke with Conq and he agreed to allow me time to get a team together for upcoming series. He gave me 4 days and with that 4 days I, with some help from Delayed, put together what the fuck I could which was a roster of 13 who ALL managed to show up ON-TIME and play matches vs <WILDCARD BITCHES>. Now, we lost those games pretty miserably but my first case in point, what did you expect?? The first time we were essentially fucked by last minute NWL scheduling.

After that the holidays rolled in and just about all the work I had put into getting together a decent team of reliable and commited players, was slowly diminished. Not to mention, my Co-GM was MIA and unreachable from that point forward so times were rough getting activity in guild up and working on the Premade A team. But we kept pushing; at this time it was mainly Delayed and I trying to get some stuff going but by that time Delayed was getting fed up with it too and he eventually threw in the towel, for personal reasons. I managed to keep activity going and recruiting constantly on the rise. I gained a few trustworthy higher ups, Imacheeser/Destruk, during this time and got some help along the way but we were still struggling like fish out of water. So mid January rolls around and were scheduled for a NWL series vs <Hey Im AVG> but we were still struggling to get a team together because we literally lost 80 percent of the team. So going into that game was a struggle and obviously it showed, we got GY farmed and 3 capped but again what the fuck did you expect, we'd hadn't even been able to practice at all at that point and I was working with a "newer" group of players.

That brings us to present date; the final weeks of the Season 2 NWL. I was asked days before the weekend if we could schedule a game for the weekend vs <Darkxd Mainteam>. So I agreed, as I have in the past, knowing it would be rough getting the team together such last minute; anyways game night comes and we do manage to get a team together to play but Darkxd didnt show up until 45 mins past the scheduled time of our agreement. So the game was labeled a forfeit on their part and we got the win. Fast forward a week; SAME exact scenario, I get a message days before the weekend asking to schedule a game for the weekend and of course I agree because what choice did we really have? Anyways, that leads us to todays Series vs UGGTW; why the fuck would we schedule a series on Valentines Day? I know my guild and I are not the only dudes in this community with girlfriends/wives. Needless to say we forfeit for a loss because we did not have the numbers to play a match, granted if the scheduling had been better, arrangements COULD have been made for this match to go on.

I guess what I am trying to say is Dont fuckin judge a book by its fuckin cover because <Gone Fishing> has been fighting an uphill battle for months now and were still here doing what we can. I have been doing a lot of this by myself with minimal help and that mixed in with the terribly scheduled Season 2; people have just labeled <Gone Fishing> as one of those guilds just passing by, whom seem to get spanked every match they play. But I am here to tell you, Go fuck yourself, because we are here for the long-haul. These past 3 months were just the beginning; we're ready to start showing you what we can really do.

That being said:
-We will be looking to schedule practices vs other guilds/teams in the near future.
-Any interest in becoming an active/dedicated guild/team member.

Get in touch with me; My battle tag is charlysheen#1715.

Last edited:
When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you till it seems as if you couldn’t hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that’s just the place and time that the tide’ll turn.

Champions keep playing until they get it right.

duck

Keep at it, Charlysheen. I enjoy seeing your guild around.

Always searching for games as from recently joining again and seeing at nights the guild averages 10-12 people online and almost all are willing to premade on the spot. We have been able to get 2 nights of games all very fun and good for getting better team adjusted to each other and really trying to find our own "meta"

Users who are viewing this thread