US Going back to Vet after long break...

Chipmunkaroo

Veteran
Have not played in a bit thinking of coming back but resubbed to unlock furries and get this Shadowlands transmog. Anything I should look at doing for my character before time runs out? Looking at farming Returning Champion but other than that not sure what else to do if anything. Was disappointed party sync doesn’t let me try to farm for additional quest purples.

Here is my Ret (I know I know but I like it) if you can think of something I’m missing.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/chipmunkaroo

there is a cloak enchant that gives primary stat now, think its the one that use to give pvp power idk, plus better vers enchants to ur rings, otherwise ur looking pretty good. also i see u have alot of epics, the thought of having to reroll that many times makes me want to stick a screwdriver through the side of my head.

pretty good
enchants seem to be the only thing that can be improved (besides trade bug enchanting)
minor speed stacks with gift of x enchant. the enchant on your boots rn does NOT stack with your cloak speed. its minor speed on its own. the vanilla enchant. so either keep the enchant you have now on your boots and go with +4 stat enchant mentioned above OR change your boot enchant to simply minor speed on its own, that way it can stack and give you more speed.

also a thing to keep in mind: most of your damage will come from crusader. personally i would not enchant for damage purposes AKA strength /AP enchants. I'd focus more on survival aka stamina. but not the extreme (like a smart fury warrior should). still keep strength prioritized while at least keeping your health over 2k IMO.

you can check out my armory for a perfect example. if you choose to make a set like mine. it should be easy to transition as you chosen quickblade (crit/vers) as your secondary stats.
ALTHOUGH there are advantages to having aurora (haste/vers) - faster flash of light and uhhhhh well its more a meme tbh but technically higher chances at crusader lol

you have a lot of crit...which honestly im not sure how to feel about
its interesting to me. i wonder how that will perform.
it does feel good to have lots of purples and all that crit.
if you are interesting enchanting your shoulders belt pants and even gloves hmu i do them on bleeding hollow

oh and welcome back !

Last edited:
Get another cape with
https://www.wowhead.com/item=38939/enchant-cloak-empowerment
or
https://www.wowhead.com/item=38973/enchant-cloak-minor-power
Keep the 2% speed cloak tho and get some other boots with Minor Speed (unusable while unsubbed) for speed pot in mid FC speed set

Accord of X ring enchants (not usable unsubbed!) you’re stacking crit so I’d say go all out and do double crit ring enchants
Pact of X enchants should be usable unsubbed and scale to 3

another demon band + 1burnished charm and brewfest trinket would be very cool

Legs need armor kit

like light said, you could get trade bug enchants on dungeon legs/belt/gloves

Definitely get into a guild before you run out of time for faster hearthstone cd.

Maybe stock up on some niche weapon enchants like collosus, icy chill, etc.. to put on BG weapons to swap to during 1-2 crusader. Or a +3 dmg enchanted pacifier (I don’t play Ret so idk if this would be a thing)

Farm a lot of https://www.wowhead.com/item=5206/bogling-root and whetstones lol

there is a cloak enchant that gives primary stat now, think its the one that use to give pvp power idk, plus better vers enchants to ur rings, otherwise ur looking pretty good. also i see u have alot of epics, the thought of having to reroll that many times makes me want to stick a screwdriver through the side of my head.

Funny you should say that... this was the only character I made after they introduced the quest upgrading. Never re-rolled characters to farm the epics just went all in and said whatever this dude gets he gets. And he got.

Funny you should say that... this was the only character I made after they introduced the quest upgrading. Never re-rolled characters to farm the epics just went all in and said whatever this dude gets he gets. And he got.
Jesus christ...

We have a warrior in our guild that had the same when gearing and the dude got epic Searing Belt, Terrible Price chest, Cleansed Pauldrons, AND proof of death. Yet I cant even get ONE epic vers piece from both factions...

New character luck is wack...

Jesus christ...

We have a warrior in our guild that had the same when gearing and the dude got epic Searing Belt, Terrible Price chest, Cleansed Pauldrons, AND proof of death. Yet I cant even get ONE epic vers piece from both factions...

Yeah, that is why when I was thinking about coming back and I read about this new Party Sync thing I immediately thought it would let us replace the quests for a chance at the rewards so we could actively farm for the epic quest items and after researching and learning that was not the case was extremely disappointed.

Yeah, that is why when I was thinking about coming back and I read about this new Party Sync thing I immediately thought it would let us replace the quests for a chance at the rewards so we could actively farm for the epic quest items and after researching and learning that was not the case was extremely disappointed.
It's fine, since bg pieces were buffed to ilvl 31 the only important epics are Foreman's Leggings and Boarhide Leggings for the enchant. Every other epic is overrated as fuck, change my mind.

It's fine, since bg pieces were buffed to ilvl 31 the only important epics are Foreman's Leggings and Boarhide Leggings for the enchant. Every other epic is overrated as fuck, change my mind.

True, I did just notice there seems to be a buff to them. I prefer Crit and Vers over Haste. Wonder, is the preference Quickblade then because I noticed I also have some pieces with Adaptable (Vers Only) and if that extra Vers is worth it or not. I'm sure I can google-fu but you seem informed.

True, I did just notice there seems to be a buff to them. I prefer Crit and Vers over Haste. Wonder, is the preference Quickblade then because I noticed I also have some pieces with Adaptable (Vers Only) and if that extra Vers is worth it or not. I'm sure I can google-fu but you seem informed.
Which slots and are they blues? You’ll probably want to wear them unless you are really trying to stack crit

Ret is in a unique position because most have two different sets. Quickblade is used for shorter encounters like duels and arena skirmishes, whereas aurora sets are better suited for more team play like BGs.

Full adaptable blues is the dream, but highly unrealistic. Tence is the only one who has almost full adaptable afaik, he's only missing weapon. I probably have second most if not one of the vets with the most.

Twinking is weird, Google wont really tell you shit. I know more than Google does when it comes to this stuff.

I mean, it all depends on team comp and situation and play style preferences. There isn't a right or wrong answer here. And for what its worth, the bracket is entirely pugstomping so it doesnt really matter what you choose. I imagine a "correct" gearing choice would emerge if organized wargames were a consistent thing but even then, things shift. and hell, you might want a haste set for mid clashes and crit set for offensive pushes.

Good news is, you're gonna end up with both sets over time anyway so just play what you like.

Full adaptable blues is the dream, but highly unrealistic. Tence is the only one who has almost full adaptable afaik, he's only missing weapon. I probably have second most if not one of the vets with the most.

Just a bit of an anecdote regarding the blue bg gear. Over my 20 characters, only 2 of them have 2+ pieces of blue adaptable gear. Ideally we'd be rocking full sets, but the RNG rarity makes it highly unlikely. It ends up being kind of moot anyways since your success in this bracket is much more likely to depend on how many random, under-geared levelers end up on your team.

Just a bit of an anecdote regarding the blue bg gear. Over my 20 characters, only 2 of them have 2+ pieces of blue adaptable gear. Ideally we'd be rocking full sets, but the RNG rarity makes it highly unlikely. It ends up being kind of moot anyways since your success in this bracket is much more likely to depend on how many random, under-geared levelers end up on your team.
Yeah, it's highly unlikely and I'm not even sure full adaptable is the optimal way to go seeing as vers starts to DR pretty hard past like 20%. It's more status than anything.

Hvnter has 4 blue unique blue adaptables. Only need 3 more.

Jesus christ...

xD @ warrs who flex epic quest procs
x2 saders not nuff 4 u bros

Well, I think this gives me some things to look at for enchanting and ideas on what I should be starting to farm. Anyone have a lead on any 20 guilds for Bleeding Hollow Alliance (US)?

Jesus christ...

I recruited him shortly before being gkicked :(

Yeah, it's highly unlikely and I'm not even sure full adaptable is the optimal way to go seeing as vers starts to DR pretty hard past like 20%. It's more status than anything.

Hvnter has 4 blue unique blue adaptables. Only need 3 more.

You never hit the verse cap or come close to 20% if you gear it correctly. Full adaptable is just silly since it's just more str essentially. Boggles my mind why people would prefer the crit lottery over a static increase to every hit you make forever.

Full adaptable is the way to go and is the end game for vet ret pallies.

Users who are viewing this thread