EU Goal Accomplished, my hunter's gear journey!

Changzu

Buk Lau
rapidfirelogo3.jpg

Hello everyone,

When I first started twinking I did it on a druid, I didn't know wth I was doing so randomly geared up, then I found out about XPOff and decided to come here, after learning alot about twinks I made a shaman, which was fun.. but I felt like something was missing...

Now, here's where the fun started. I made a hunter! Not just any hunter, a BM hunter. It felt like a amazing time, I had so much fun. I started with full 835 gear (non-socketed) and was doing 300k dps, damn I felt stronk!

But I couldn't let that just be it, I decided to upgrade all my gear to 835 gear with sockets, I had 14 items with sockets and I was ready to roll. 500-600k DPS was no problem for me anymore.. But yeah, once you feel the power you want more power, so I decided to spend another chuck of gold and upgraded everything to 845-850, with sockets. That was quite impressive too.. Jumped all the way up to a amount of 800k dps and in some situations even 1m++

That made me realize, I was going to update my hunter for one and final time; Getting everything titanforged.

As of today, I have replaced my 840 chest and 850 belt and finished my goal; have everything on titanforged. With an equiped ilvl of 863 I can proudly announce; my hunter is done! 3m+ dps records :)

But changzu, there's always room for better gear...

Yes, you're right. However since I started on my hunter I had a budget of 2m gold, I did have way more, but didn't want to spend it on 1 char.. I have spend more then 8 million gold on my hunter, probably even more and I can gladly announce that i'm out of gold.

Not that I mind, I can't say that I regret any of it, but being at a point where you kill everything in less then 5 seconds got me to a whole "im-done" state.

I have a long journey to go, traits need to be leveled, but gear wise.. i'm all set.. I hope you guys have a realistic goal for your very own twink in mind aswell. Trust me, it feels good when you reach that marker! :)

Thanks for reading.
- Changzu.

PS; I am the highest ilvl hunter again. ^^

i know the feels though im still trying to take my gear a bit higher as i want to see just how far i can push my MM hunter's range. So far without the broken shore 5k haste/mastery shrine buff im at 62 yard cast range and nuke stuff in 1-2 instant arcane shot casts in the world but i want to push the build further lol.

I'm a new 101 twink Gnome BM hunter (US Rexxar, Twinkydink, 831). I just solo'd Siege of Orgrimmar to tame Thok and it was ridiculously easy. This is fun stuff! What are your favorite instances/raids to solo?

Btw how did you transmog your leather gear as a mail user? Can't seem to do that on my shaman.

Disgusting man. 863 ilvl 101. To top it off you got the stormwind guard mog. Congrats!

Thanks! :)

i know the feels though im still trying to take my gear a bit higher as i want to see just how far i can push my MM hunter's range. So far without the broken shore 5k haste/mastery shrine buff im at 62 yard cast range and nuke stuff in 1-2 instant arcane shot casts in the world but i want to push the build further lol.

That's pretty sick ^^ very nice.
My goal is max traits :p Almost 23...
Do you mean 34 traits? That's going to take a while since you need so much AP, ending up with 2m+ per trait lol.
I'm a new 101 twink Gnome BM hunter (US Rexxar, Twinkydink, 831). I just solo'd Siege of Orgrimmar to tame Thok and it was ridiculously easy. This is fun stuff! What are your favorite instances/raids to solo?
Very nice, well done! Was this on normal? I'm going to attempt MOP raids soon. =]
Always good to have a goal, always pleasurable once you achieve it! Onto the next project
Going to be a while before I start a new project, got AP farming to do now. ^^
Got it. Thanks for the help. :)
Glad you figured it out, was about to reply on this lol.

Wow congrats, it's insane how much gold you had to spend though :O

Thanks! :)

That's pretty sick ^^ very nice.

Do you mean 34 traits? That's going to take a while since you need so much AP, ending up with 2m+ per trait lol.

Very nice, well done! Was this on normal? I'm going to attempt MOP raids soon. =]

Yes, normal 10 man. The tricky part was the two sides with all the crates you have to open and race against the timer. You have to be quick and open a bunch before you start killing the mobs that come out of them.

Going to be a while before I start a new project, got AP farming to do now. ^^

Glad you figured it out, was about to reply on this lol.

hey chang, just a shower thought, since eyasu is such an RNG asshat at times for ST would it be better to use prophecy tarot and SFF for the stat stick? I haven't simmed it, just wondered what you thought on it

Looks good :) keep up the good work! :D
hey chang, just a shower thought, since eyasu is such an RNG asshat at times for ST would it be better to use prophecy tarot and SFF for the stat stick? I haven't simmed it, just wondered what you thought on it
Nah, it really isn't. Eyasu is always gonna be better regardless of what stat you get. Vers and mastery are the top 2, but even crit and haste will improve your DPS way more then Prophecy is going to.

Users who are viewing this thread