Gloomshroud Armor Count.

Domunique

Legend
Hey guys.

I just wanted to know how many F2P players out there have managed to obtain a Gloomshroud Armor - Item - World of Warcraft, from the Shadowfang Keep Instance.

Iv'e been farming it for around 13 days, come across every rare drop in that instance multiple times, and yet no Gloomshroud.

I even bought my first P2P account and got a boosted level 90 rogue to run myself through the dungeon.

I understand P2P players obtaining it, via dungeon runs or Auction House, but I just wanted to know how many F2P players have managed to get their hands on this item, or to even see it drop.

And if so, let me know with a screenshot or an armory link, that would be really appreciated.

Thankyou x.

I even bought my first P2P account and got a boosted level 90 rogue to run myself through the dungeon.
I personally like the idea of being a pure f2p Starter Edition Trial Account, getting/doing things with no help, earning all the gear yourself, so I'm not going to use this offer they are selling.

^Seems legit.

In answer to your question though,
I got in about 40 runs of SFK was Gloomshroud Armor
is the only one I've seen mention they have it. It does drop, but like Duskbringer - Item - World of Warcraft it's quite rare. Rarer than SF or AB.

Edit: It has also been on The Undermine Journal website, for as little as 500g. Obviously that means some leveling noob won it. Most of the rarer SFK drops go for around 20k g.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it on Garghet (druid in sig), i wasnt even farming for it, just looking for Witching Stave, around 40 runs (half dungeon finder and half solo clears)

My monk has one.

Rõõb

I believe it dropped while I was leveling, near the launch of WoD.

Didn't think much of it since everyone was talking about the 'increased' shadowfang drop rate.

But that scaling is nice... real nice.

Iv'e ran so SFK so many times and iv'e gotten many instance rares, and also rare blue drops off of mobs/chests.

These are the quantity of rares iv'e obtained:

Gloomshroud Armor x 0
Necrology Robes x 1
Mindthrust Bracers x 10
Duskbringer x 3
Night Reaver x 8
Black Malice x 6
Shadowfang x 4
Guillotine Axe x 6
Face Smasher x 5
Assassin's Blade x 6
Witching stave x 11
Rare blue drops (in general) x 8

I feel like giving up, ill give it 1 week more and if not then Ill settle with armor of the fang.

Yes, Gloomshroud is definitely very hard to obtain. Necrology Robes seem to be just as rare by the way.

Did way over 500 SFK runs, probably about 700-1000 and only saw one Gloomshroud, zero Necrology Robes!

yeah I'm right there with you on the " why u no drop gloom shroud" boat but it will drop eventually and frankly nothing will ever be as bad as the 376 dailys it took me to get wbfh on my druid-.-

I got the item 2 days ago farming SFK. Don't have a screenshot, but you can check my armory profile. Took me at max 100 runs, so there is still hope!

Tips / Tricks:
- Fix keys or Seaforium to open locked chests
- There is always 3 chests, find and loot them all
- Don't farm useless bosses thats take 2 min walk + long kills. Its the big trash pulls + chests that give you better chance on the BoE rares.

Hope this helps you!

I've been running SFK for 4 days straight now, over 40 hours into this, I haven't seen a Shadowfang or a Gloomshroud yet..
this thread is pretty old. but i'll let you know that they do drop, though very, very rarely. way less than shadowfang. however, i got one in a pug on a 19 hunter, so dreams do come true. but might be easier to farm the money and just buy one.

this thread is pretty old. but i'll let you know that they do drop, though very, very rarely. way less than shadowfang. however, i got one in a pug on a 19 hunter, so dreams do come true. but might be easier to farm the money and just buy one.

Spent quite a lot of gold today on a Goblin Screwdriver... don't have enough for a gloomshroud atm

Spent quite a lot of gold today on a Goblin Screwdriver... don't have enough for a gloomshroud atm
what i'm saying is that by the time you get a gloomshroud to drop, you could have farmed the gold to buy one. of course rng is rng, so you could get one right away. however, you might never get one. statistically, it's just pretty ugly. i'd say it's like an order of magnitude worse than farming a shadowfang, from what i gather.

although, from what i hear, sfk farming is an ok money maker, depending on server, you can sell shadowfangs and mindthrust bracers to sell in order to buy one, and you might just get your drop in the meanwhile. i'm just wondering if there's better, faster ways to farm money.

Users who are viewing this thread