EU+US Glitch that may allow f2p druids to access 'inaccessible' zones

Slynx

Veteran
May have stumbled on a potentially useful glitch for druids to get to some unusual areas. It seems that if you teleport to Moonglade whilst in a dungeon and in a dungeon queue, you may get kicked out of the queue, and (if dead already?) have your spirit pop up at the closest/normal graveyard to the dungeon entrance. When unexpected (as I'm writing, I'm looking at ressurecting as Ally level 20 in the middle of Ogrimmar...), this is usually rather inconvenient. HOWEVER, IF this relocation is a general feature, then it could provide a route for f2p druids to get to unintended places.

Example: in the recent Midsummer Fire Festival, I tried leaving the Slave Pens (dungeon) to get to 'normal' Outland. Didn't work; you just get teleported to where you left normal WoW to enter the dungeon. However, if the oddity noted above is systematic, a druid could go to the dungeon (maybe queue for another to be on the safe side), teleport to Moonglade, wait for the dungeon queue next to the minmap to glitch, then teleport out of Moonglade and arrive outside the dungeon entrance (i.e. in Zangarmarsh in this case, which is otherwise tricky to reach as f2p).

I'm not sure of the mechanics, as I was actually dead in 'normal' WoW before entering the dungeon and my corpse got moved from Outland to the spirit in Ogrimmar (close to Ragefire Cavern)... it just happened.

Investigating.

They havent even finished releasing BFA content, where are we getting this idea that pre-patch is dropping in 3 weeks?
Heard also that, like because prepatch came on PTR one week ago and that usually there is a one month duration before PTR goes live ...

They havent even finished releasing BFA content, where are we getting this idea that pre-patch is dropping in 3 weeks?
BFA content is deftintely done yo. They gave the last call warning for achievements (AoTc, Mad World, Longboi) and stuff. It's over. Pre-patch is next patch.

The only reason I thought it was dropping soon is because it hit the PTR. That gives you like a month maybe two? However, not sure I've ever seen such a buggy PTR. Eitherway, I would plan for soon-ish, hope for later-ish if you're hoping to get somethings done before it hits.

Aslong as pre patch hits before Korraks. All the whining will for sure result in some stat tuning.

Aslong as pre patch hits before Korraks. All the whining will for sure result in some stat tuning.
I am not sure I have seen it as unbalanced/buggy as it currently is on ptr in a long while, at any level. If prepatch only lasts for a month, and If it goes live without any changes I think levels below 50 will be the least of their focus on balancing. Or maybe they will just balance the extreme outliers and leave it as is since players will start leveling to 60.

Oh for sure. But not for Korraks. If its still overtuned when Korraks comes around. All the forum whining is gonna force blizz to react.

Oh for sure. But not for Korraks. If its still overtuned when Korraks comes around. All the forum whining is gonna force blizz to react.
Eh, remember how long it takes for them to fix or change stuff though. That xpoff macro was around for a while, got popular, and it still took them a while to fully patch it(if its even fully patched). It was thoroughly complained about, heck many different big balancing problems/decisions were complained about and took a while to be changed or still have not been changed yet.

Well, that thread is going off-topic quickly :D

Imo, *if* they put back Korrak's this year, it won't be for 2 months. And I don't see how blizz will put that event in game (which is litterally free afk xp) when they just released a new expansion ... getting max level 1-2 months after expac release without even touching the content? Seems like a joke

Eh, remember how long it takes for them to fix or change stuff though. That xpoff macro was around for a while, got popular, and it still took them a while to fully patch it(if its even fully patched). It was thoroughly complained about, heck many different big balancing problems/decisions were complained about and took a while to be changed or still have not been changed yet.
Ye but it didnt have an impact on endgame players so they didnt have to care.

Well, that thread is going off-topic quickly :D

Imo, *if* they put back Korrak's this year, it won't be for 2 months. And I don't see how blizz will put that event in game (which is litterally free afk xp) when they just released a new expansion ... getting max level 1-2 months after expac release without even touching the content? Seems like a joke
Its like middle of november I think. Yes the timing will be weird. But unless theyre bringing it back, theres no reason why the vendor would still be there or why the achievment to collect the mount is under Alterec Valley and not FoS.

Minus game breaking exploitative tactics, I don't think the speed of hitting max level has ever been much of a concern of theirs.

Its like middle of november I think. Yes the timing will be weird. But unless theyre bringing it back, theres no reason why the vendor would still be there or why the achievment to collect the mount is under Alterec Valley and not FoS.
Is the vendor still on PTR/Beta? Because at some point I got confirmation the timewarped vendor for AV was no longer there, only its "normal" version ... they might have changed it since then ....
So if the vendor is removed, i don't see why they would remove it for like one month before putting it back for Korraks on November ^^'
Especially when the vendor sells gear that scales to a pretty good ilvl for high levels ...

Back to the topic. Tried this today (during Brewfest) using both druid & monk.
i. joined the Brewfest boss Coren Direbrew as lvl20 f2p. Entered Blackrock Depths.
ii. while inside the dungeon Zen Prilgrimage/Teleport to Moonglade, then teleport back to dungeon
iii. end up at the dungeon entrance.
I guess probably because the dungeon is too high level for lvl20 and we cannot enter apart from the special method provided by Brewfest. So we end up teleported to the entrance.

On returning from Moonglade/Zen, did you end up inside (i.e. returned to original teleport start point) or outside the instance (my hope is outside, to get to areas otherwise inaccessible)?

outside.

Actually, i tried to Moonglade/Zen inside lvl20 dungeons (either walked into directly or thru the dungeon finder). When i moonglade/zen back, i was outside it too. So i guess this feature is a generic mechanism regardless of lvl.

outside.

Actually, i tried to Moonglade/Zen inside lvl20 dungeons (either walked into directly or thru the dungeon finder). When i moonglade/zen back, i was outside it too. So i guess this feature is a generic mechanism regardless of lvl.

Yeah, I stopped being lazy, and checked it last night with a Druid into Coren Direbrew dungeon (didn't end well, as I had to ressurect...).

But by Moonglading/Zenning from a dungeon, you DO end up outside the dungeon and in that zone, so this should provide a lowbies route into Outland during the Fire Festival from the Lord Ahune/slave pens dungeon. (BTW, once in Outland, there is at least one f2p-usable portal back to Azeroth.) This trick could also be used as a rather inefficient option to return to Azeroth if you've set your hearthstone elsewhere (go to a dungeon, then teleport in and out). Useful as a backup return path (if no usable portals). However, aside from Monks, non-Druid alts don't have any in/out teleport means, so not so useful in practice.

Will reflect on whether this has any more scope beyond accessing Outland with two classes during a specific yearly event.

now that we know prepatch is less than 2 weeks away, we are going to be able to access the portals anyway. unless blizz specifically locks starter editions out of other continents, then thats just a dick move

Users who are viewing this thread