Gift Wrapped Serpent's Shoulders are Tradable

Symandria

Legend
Title says it all : ) Not sure why people are trying to hide this information. Feel free to ask around, at least a few people most likely wrapped them "just in case" and may be willing to trade them.

I sadly do not have any extras, best of luck all!! = )

Title says it all : ) Not sure why people are trying to hide this information. Feel free to ask around, at least a few people most likely wrapped them "just in case" and may be willing to trade them.

because theres more things of importance that have been stuck in there than some blue twink shoulders, which will get existing presents fixed, possibly before they can be acted on by an interested person. you dont have any because you took the ptr at heart and made a post telling people not to do it lol. i dont even play classic and i knew to at least try. yea i saw pics of BOP ptr boxes too. wonder how many people read the post and decided to toss the idea.

Reactions: KPI
Oh I tried, hence why I was able to verify it instantly : ) I just don't have extras!

My goal from the moment I made the initial PSA was to try to make twinking more of a level playing field, rather than capitalize on the potential real or in game profits that could be had.

I hate the idea of grandfathered gear if it could be avoided.

If more game breaking items than twink shoulders are hidden inside packages, then existing items finding homes as quickly as possible, rather than being held forever to increase in value, is probably a good outcome : )

Either it will get patched at some point, in which case people knowing sooner means less lost items and less grandfathering.
Or telling people means players coming in or wanting them at least know they may exist : )

If it does get patched it's going to be because of those other items, not low level items Blizzard isn't concerned about.

Last edited:

My goal from the moment I made the initial PSA was to try to make twinking more of a level playing field, rather than capitalize on the potential real or in game profits that could be had.

I hate the idea of grandfathered gear if it could be avoided.

If more game breaking items than twink shoulders are hidden inside packages, then existing items finding homes as quickly as possible, rather than being held forever to increase in value, is probably a good outcome : )

Either it will get patched at some point, in which case people knowing sooner means less lost items and less grandfathering.
Or telling people means players coming in or wanting them at least know they may exist : )

If it does get patched it's going to be because of those other items, not low level items Blizzard isn't concerned about.
I agree with pretty much all here.
People want to buy these. And they want to buy them before others can. But if people are going around asking for gift boxes, it will become a regularly known thing by everyone like trade bugging. And that gets it fixed even faster. I probably shouldn’t have made the post myself as a non classic player. And just walked away from it. Not my game/community to be kicking up dust in. I made my post at like 7 am NA time, and I posted in classic discord. I probably had 10-15 people message me within an hour saying I should delete the posts. So if there some fire in my speech it’s cause I’m talking for them. Sorry about that. Like I said I do agree with all you just said.

All good! = ) It's always fun to see people pull things off! I enjoyed your post, and truth be told, I'm guessing the only question was who was going to find out first (I would have known later this morning from my own item anyway and probably would have posted.)

Uhhhh Can one of y'all elaborate on the actual mechanics of this? What is the item being used to wrap and did it have to be done while the shoulders were still white in classic?

You take any gift wrap and wrap the item you want to keep tradable. You had to do it in classic, you are not allowed to wrap soulbound items, that's why it worked. When you wrapped it, the action was allowed, and the wrapped gift is not soulbound and thus tradable, even though the contents later become soulbound.

You take any gift wrap and wrap the item you want to keep tradable. You had to do it in classic, you are not allowed to wrap soulbound items, that's why it worked. When you wrapped it, the action was allowed, and the wrapped gift is not soulbound and thus tradable, even though the contents later become soulbound.
weird bugs are why i like wow, this put a smile on my face

I agree with pretty much all here.
People want to buy these. And they want to buy them before others can. But if people are going around asking for gift boxes, it will become a regularly known thing by everyone like trade bugging. And that gets it fixed even faster. I probably shouldn’t have made the post myself as a non classic player. And just walked away from it. Not my game/community to be kicking up dust in. I made my post at like 7 am NA time, and I posted in classic discord. I probably had 10-15 people message me within an hour saying I should delete the posts. So if there some fire in my speech it’s cause I’m talking for them. Sorry about that. Like I said I do agree with all you just said.
Why on earth did people tell you to delete the post????

if anyone still has these dm me.

Can you post a ss of it?

@zazzyfraz I saw your post with ss. If @Symandria also can confirm there will be three confirmed.

I also did this! :ezW: as its one of the oldest item aspect-modifier tricks in the book. I had no idea it would work. I only did one enchant like this because it could have just as easily not worked. So none for sale.

If I did have extras it wouldnt be an item to be sold though; how bourgeois!

Twinking is all about playing within those blurred lines gentlemen!
Hardshoulder1.png

Last edited:
is it possible to do this with a clone from classic currently or has anyone tried? still wanting to buy if possible!
it would be really easy to charge you 10k for a gift wrapped pair and when you unwrap it it's just a 'thoroughly read copy of Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin'

Anyone who buys this should probably agree to pay a specific price in chat, show to gold, accept gift, unwrap gift and confirm, then pay gold. If they fail to pay report them to GMs I've heard they take scamming people serious if the chat logs back it up! : )

Anyone who buys this should probably agree to pay a specific price in chat, show to gold, accept gift, unwrap gift and confirm, then pay gold. If they fail to pay report them to GMs I've heard they take scamming people serious if the chat logs back it up! : )
Your mileage may really vary for this, just a precaution. Yeah, a lot of the times you will find helpful GMs who will help when you are either ninja'd or scammed, but sometimes you'll run into one that will be less than helpful.

Also, I'd be curious to see if they would consider this abuse of mechanics as they tend to be pretty loose with what they consider such.

Remember to report anyone you see wearing these on their BElves, so Blizzard can *checks notes* do nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread