Ghost Iron Dragonling not so bad!

Darimius

The not-so-talkative
So, I know level 101 players have been nerfed in terms of secondary stats, but some items can still give you a pretty big boost for them!

I recently found that the Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket with Cogwheel slots filled with Cataclysm Cogwheels (And maybe Pandaria Cogwheels for same stats) DO still work and grant a good amount of a specific Secondary stat of your choice.

I gave one to my arcane mage with +31 Haste Cogwheel x2 and a Pandaria Cogwheel +22 Haste adding up to a total of 84 Haste. It may sacrifice any intellect trinket you have if you had two on, but the secondary stat choices could help out! I believe there is x2 Critical Cogwheels as well as one Pandaria one to give 84 Critical.

Note: The Cogwheels ARE in fact Unique, but since some old secondary stats were removed and changed to already existing secondary stats, they can be stacked.

IE: Quick Cogwheel and Precise Cogwheel both granting +31 haste

Edit: Kinda curious what kind of % boost it'll give to level 87 players if the Cogwheel stats aren't reduced. And what kind of damage Affliction Warlocks can do with it.

Low-level secondary stats don't seem to scale as much in the mid-levels compared to each other. I don't have an 87 to make a direct comparison, but we know that:

Level 85 haste rating for 1% haste: 11.35
Level 90 haste rating for 1% haste: 12.22

We know it doesn't scale up linearly per level, but just to make the math easier, let's assume it does. That's a difference of 0.174 rating per 1% haste per level up in this 85-90 section.

Level 87 haste rating for 1% haste: Approx. 0.174 * 2 + 11.35 = 11.698 haste

Critical Strike and Mastery scales at the same rates. Crit and Mastery Rating scale at 1.05918 of Haste's Rating to reach 1% Crit or Mastery. Versa/Haste ratio is 1.25:1. End results:

11.698 = 1% Haste
12.390 = 1% Critical Strike
12.390 = 1% Mastery
14.623 = 1% Versatility

Only Haste and Critical Strike can be stacked in Ghost Iron Dragonling fully, but pretending all of them can stack and ignoring any "+% to a secondary" abilities a class/race might have, we get:

7.181% = 84 Haste
6.779% = 84 Critical Strike
6.779% = 84 Mastery
5.745% = 84 Versatility. 2.873% damage reduction.

I have no idea how good this would be for affliction or any other spec.

Users who are viewing this thread