Getting ilvl 295 gear from final quest lines requires neck lvl 10

jacristo

Veteran
Hey all - ive seen this question come up several times and I tested it myself yesterday. To get the 295 Azerite gear from the final quest for each zone you need your neck to be lvl 10. I held on to the quests from lvl 7 and checked each time it leveled, only after lvl 10 did the ilvl of the rewards change.

Please note that this was only tested for the FINAL zone quest rewards, I don’t know if the Azerite gear which is sometimes awarded partway through the zones is affected or not.

Interesting, I did all 3 zones over the last 2 days - each one awards an Azerite piece once somewhere in the middle and one at the end

Though the Vol’Dun ones where the only rewards worth anything to me as far as traits go

My experience has been that the first zone gives 280 at the end of its chain. I was well beyond 10 when doing these quests.

Yea it has nothing to do with the neck level, it is more to do with the progress you have made questing. I have a screenshot when I got my first piece it it is only lvl 7 neck.
GXyMffb.png

I finished all 3 zone storylines with lvl 7 neck piece and all showed ilvl 280 reward, I went and ground out lvl 10 real quick for the neck and checked the rewards at each level and only after lvl 10 did the rewards change.

I did avoid almost all side quests in each zone so perhaps it is a matter of either quests done OR neck lvl?

If you are Horde, you are offered shoulders twice and that is from Zuldazar and Nazmir at the last zone quest line... The zone Vol'Dun doesn't offer any 295. I have done every single quest in that zone. You have a 217 ring you can get from the turtle people, that's about it. In Nazmir I was offered helm/chest option very early on, and 295 head/shoulders at the end quest.

I will go alliance once I am done with all the quests in all the horde zones. I didn't finish some of the side quests in Zuldazar.

I will also do all the horde rares before going ally, then on ally side do the same thing.

EDIT: Updated info about Nazmir offering 2x295s. It seems it is the same as the one ally zone that does the same. This I guess is to balance Vol'Dun offering nothing.

Last edited:
I’ve explained so many times, but here goes again.

Scrolls quest is 1 piece. WHOLE zone harbor is in is 2nd piece. FIRST half of chapters in Drust is 3rd, SECOND half of chapters in Drust is 4th

IL of neck doesn’t matter

I’ve explained so many times, but here goes again.

Scrolls quest is 1 piece. WHOLE zone harbor is in is 2nd piece. FIRST half of chapters in Drust is 3rd, SECOND half of chapters in Drust is 4th

IL of neck doesn’t matter

its gotta be, i recieved ilvl 280 gear for both pieces in drust. the only ilvl295 i got so far was from scroll quest.

I got 3 300ilvl pieces (295ilvl originally) from doing all quest lines in all zones. This was when my neck was around like level 5-7.

Maybe you need to do scroll quest before completing either of the other zones chapters. Maybe the scroll quest done first enables you to start getting 295s

/shrug
Over the next 24h I have the capacity to test this. I am at the Banisher Jerkin quest and currently it is showing as 280. I am hoping that it scales dynamically with character progress, just like when you level up and the rewards for any quests in your log also scale up. I am working hard through the Drustvar first part quests and looting scrolls meanwhile. I am also on the scrolls quest. I will check if the reward has changed after I have completed the scrolls quest, and again once I have completed all available quests in the first part. I have seen multiple characters with the chest even scaled up to 305 (incl trait)! For example, https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sylvanas/Burlurd Burlurd has achieved this. I am even going to exhaust bonus objectives.
[doublepost=1536836912,1536802274][/doublepost]Doing all quests in Drust part 1 did not raise ilvl of quest reward. Doing tortollan scrolls quest did not change ilvl. I am starting to have a suspicion that because I chose Drust as my first zone to quest, the azerite scales to 280 and there is nothing I can do about it. Has any Alliance with 295+ from Drust used Drust as their first zone?

Now having done all zone objectives in Drust part 1 has also not increased the reward. I'm going to try do some of the War campaign and then return. My neck has been Azerite 10+ throughout this.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to do scroll quest before completing either of the other zones chapters. Maybe the scroll quest done first enables you to start getting 295s

/shrug
I got the scroll item before my 2nd quest one. And some of the azerite rewards after that were still 280.

I have seen multiple characters with the chest even scaled up to 305 (incl trait)!
Have you asked any of them how they obtained it? I've only asked burlurd and he forgot.

I got the scroll item before my 2nd quest one. And some of the azerite rewards after that were still 280.

Have you asked any of them how they obtained it? I've only asked burlurd and he forgot.
The dude I saw was a 116 rogue in a bg. He just said 'from a quest in Drust'.
[doublepost=1536890846,1536869030][/doublepost]
I finished all 3 zone storylines with lvl 7 neck piece and all showed ilvl 280 reward, I went and ground out lvl 10 real quick for the neck and checked the rewards at each level and only after lvl 10 did the rewards change.

I did avoid almost all side quests in each zone so perhaps it is a matter of either quests done OR neck lvl?

I believe it must be sidequests done, possibly in addition to neck level. I'm going to use quest addons to seriously sniff out every side-quest in Drustvar. Can I see your character's armory? Also, has anyone been able to push the rewards from https://www.wowhead.com/quest=49997/storms-judgment#comments in Stormsong up to 295? Realllly nice traits for Assa, you see.

Personally, I noticed the switch after finishing the second *dungeon* end quest. (So freehold/manor/shrine, or ataldazar/underrot/temple), I had trouble confirming this easier since when I swapped horde, all the dungeon quests required you to finish the end azerite piece quest for that zone. It did swap my pvp war campaign item once I finished the 2nd dungeon quest though as expected. I did nearly every side quest possible before doing the turn ins to see if it was that as well.

Users who are viewing this thread