Getting back to Classic 19 and 29 twinking

From 2008-2010 I joined a twink guild "Eboah's Bakery" on Emerald Dream and had a blast twinking in WSG. We and a similar guild on Horde went at it in some epic battles--I remember one or two WSG battles lasting a couple of hours. We must have been healing heavy! I wound up with more than 25k honor kills and pretty much every WSG achievement available back then.

Once the segregation in XPOFF began the guild fell apart since ques just took forever. I have missed that fun for the last 10 years.

Well, I recently have just started playing WoW again, and I did not even know that Classic is back. My question is whether twinking is back in WoW Classic and how it is working? If I want to get back into it, what server should I aim for with the biggest twink communities?

For that matter, is it possible to transfer a character from retail WoW to vanilla wow? I have my 10 year old characters, untouched by any of the latest expansions, reduced in levels but with all the gear. I'd love to play them again in classic, just as I did 10 years ago.

My question is whether twinking is back in WoW Classic and how it is working? If I want to get back into it, what server should I aim for with the biggest twink communities?

What region are you playing? NA or EU?
It works like it did in vanilla and TBC, where you got to be careful with getting too much exp

For that matter, is it possible to transfer a character from retail WoW to vanilla wow?

No, it is not possible. Got to make them from scratch

What region are you playing? NA or EU?
It works like it did in vanilla and TBC, where you got to be careful with getting too much exp

No, it is not possible. Got to make them from scratch
Thanks Anexa.

Too bad about the transfer, considering that I have not played any of those characters since they were in the "first" classic :)

I am in California, so US West and an early to bed person anyway. But I would choose a US East server if one was particularly good for 19 and 29 twinking.

I presume that Horde twinking and Alliance twinking are about equal, that I could find a twink guild on either side? Back in 2008 I remember that there were a lot more Horde twinks than Alliance twinks.

Mankirk is twinking central. Prices will be absurd, but there are guilds that play : )

Alternatively you can make it somewhere else and then move there to have people to play with, or if you prefer to go solo just Q to your hearts content. Expect quite a bit of work, mostly to earn gold to buy rare items : )

Mankirk is twinking central. [...] Alternatively you can make it somewhere else and then move there [...]

This will be 100% worth it if you also play it smart. Get a good stash (more than personal use) from from one server (as investments), then transfer to Mankrik.

That way you have a good way of making a good chunk of gold by taking advantage of the market. This also becomes highly relevant in case you were ever thinking of buying gold, because if you play it right, you might end up with more gold for the buck this way (not to mention it's a legal way to achieve the same outcome, whereas buying gold could put your account at risk).

I would say, level a main, do this on your main once your main is settled in, transfer your main with all the stuff in the world to Mankrik, make your twink, profit.

All of this takes a while of course, it's classic.

Thank you for the advice! I've started a main on Horde Atiesh with the objective to earn a bankroll and gear that I can then transfer to a Mankrik or another twink-friendly server. I am reminded of how long it takes to level up in classic! I think I spent 4 months on my first character after the game was first released and then gave up in the late 30s. Came back a couple years later and leveled up to 60 with some concerted work.

But I have never felt like getting to 10 was such an accomplishment :)

Users who are viewing this thread