EU+US Get your Darkmoon Cannon

icehawk

The Beast Within
Hey guys,

I'm super excited that I just picked up the Darkmoon Cannon earlier today.

I enjoy running around and exploring while I wait for the horribly long bg queues, and this should help some now for those hard to reach places.

So this post is just a little reminder for those of you who enjoy getting to hard to reach places and haven't picked up the Cannon while the DMF is in town.

Here is a link I found that helped heaps. Still took me a while to do and I came close to rage throwing my monitor a few times, but finally all worked out and got the Cannon. Check this out for assistance. Link.

Happy blasting...........;)

If you have wod with a garrison along with the goblin workshop you can get http://www.wowhead.com/item=114633/xd-57-bullseye-guided-rocket-kit#comments great fun flying over silvermoon for example
I have WoD and my 100 has a Garrison with the Gnomish Gearworks, but I'm unsub'd atm. I'm guessing even if I was sub'd I couldn't get my 20 into the Garrison since it's on the same account.
Am I correct in saying that the only way I could access this is to be in a party with someone that has a Garrison, then score an invite to the Garrison, and then obtain a Mage Port to Draenor and possibly make my way to their Garrison? Are there any simpler ways to get the someone's Garrison? It seems like an awesome item to have, much better than the Cannon but very difficult to obtain.
Seems it propels you much further and you can go much higher than the cannon. Would be an awesome way to get exploration in the higher level zones.
Thanks for the heads up.

I have WoD and my 100 has a Garrison with the Gnomish Gearworks, but I'm unsub'd atm. I'm guessing even if I was sub'd I couldn't get my 20 into the Garrison since it's on the same account.
Am I correct in saying that the only way I could access this is to be in a party with someone that has a Garrison, then score an invite to the Garrison, and then obtain a Mage Port to Draenor and possibly make my way to their Garrison? Are there any simpler ways to get the someone's Garrison? It seems like an awesome item to have, much better than the Cannon but very difficult to obtain.
Seems it propels you much further and you can go much higher than the cannon. Would be an awesome way to get exploration in the higher level zones.
Thanks for the heads up.
I honestly have no clue man we used them in our RP event last night and well... Crashed them into a building but hey! Was good fun

Thanks for the heads up.

Pretty much. Just make friends with someone who has a mage, a garrison, and Draenor Pathfinder. Shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes.

Actually, I think I have your btag. I could probably do this sometime, just remind me or something.

Yep, finally got my cannon today, so I'll check out if I can finally fully explore Hellfire Peninsula (Throne of Kil'Jaeden still missing).
One point to keep in mind: The dark moon cannon only works when standing on the worlds map on solid ground.
If you stand on any kind of building, structure, etc. it just goes "woof" without propelling you forward...

Pretty much. Just make friends with someone who has a mage, a garrison, and Draenor Pathfinder. Shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes.

Actually, I think I have your btag. I could probably do this sometime, just remind me or something.
Sweet, cheers Taco. Yes I have you on Btag. I also have another person on Btag that I notice is in a Garrison from time to time so I may bother you or them down the track to get to Draenor.
Don't worry, I won't be too bothersome though ;)

Update: I am totally happy with this new toy. I managed to explore the rest of Hellfire Peninsula and also reached Frosthold in Storm Peaks, a flight point needed for 2-3 world event achievements (e.g. "Tricks and Treats of Northrend")

Now I'm off to Blade's Edge Mountains in Outland. Maybe I can finish my exploration there...

Mages can't teleport/portal to Draenor, your only option is to get a warlock to summon you into or near the Garrison area.

Furthemore, I'm not sure that you can see all Garrison NPC's on characters below lvl 90 (for instance you can't even use the BMAH or the Trading Post vendor in other peoples Garrison). So I'm not sure that you would be able to use items from another persons Gnomish Gearworks.

Mages can't teleport/portal to Draenor, your only option is to get a warlock to summon you into or near the Garrison area.

Furthemore, I'm not sure that you can see all Garrison NPC's on characters below lvl 90 (for instance you can't even use the BMAH or the Trading Post vendor in other peoples Garrison). So I'm not sure that you would be able to use items from another persons Gnomish Gearworks.
You can get a teleport to storm shield then from there you might be able to get someone to fly you to garrison location

Update: I am totally happy with this new toy. I managed to explore the rest of Hellfire Peninsula and also reached Frosthold in Storm Peaks, a flight point needed for 2-3 world event achievements (e.g. "Tricks and Treats of Northrend")

Now I'm off to Blade's Edge Mountains in Outland. Maybe I can finish my exploration there...
I'm also happy with the Cannon - lol.
I'm currently trying to see if it's possible to get from Felwood to Mt Hyjal. I'm somewhere in the mountain range between Felwood / Winterspring and Mt Hyjal. Still getting used to the trajectory, but the 30 min CD sux. However it can be used on mountains or on steep slopes. If you look at the mountains from Felwood towards Hyjal, they are too steep to get up normally, but I have blasted up to some areas where you can walk a bit, then set it on the slope and blast again to go further. Sometimes you land in areas and just drop back down due to steep slope, but othertimes you can just get some grip and stay there, ready for the next blast.
So, my mission is to see if it's possible to get from Felwood to Mt Hyjal.

It's extreme boredom to get this shit and you can't it use in bgs, it's completely useless, it's better to kill yourself.

Reminds me of Aviana's feather.

Well, actually, that was usable in bg's/Ashran. Nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread