EU+US Dark Iron Ring Farm

Veechard

Legend
How rough is this farm? Has it gotten easier since patch or harder? Seems like a lot of farms like gnomer emissary and Revelosh gloves, with it only being able to drop your items because of PL, have gotten easier. Would this apply for ring and neck from coffer as well? Say I did the grind on my agil using hunter, I can expect all ring drops and never a neck?

How rough is this farm? Has it gotten easier since patch or harder? Seems like a lot of farms like gnomer emissary and Revelosh gloves, with it only being able to drop your items because of PL, have gotten easier. Would this apply for ring and neck from coffer as well? Say I did the grind on my agil using hunter, I can expect all ring drops and never a neck?
The ring farm is sill identical, you can still get bs affixes and the necklaces plus useless greens and blues. Since it’s in a coffer personal loot does not apply. I do have this weird feeling that the drop rate was increased slightly but still a pain in the dick to get the right affix. Also, on the alpha for bfa the rings look even better than they do now. So it may be an even larger incentive to farm them

It all depends on your rng luck. Usually a Mob train from that large hallway with the giant boss to the jail area then aoe down, but sometimes when I did it with a friend it would take the whole dungeon it get all of the keys. Also!!!!!!! Once a Coffer chest is looted and it had a ring but not the one you want you can invite a friend and he can run to brd and loot the chest BUT the chest has a 5min despawn timer that is reset every time it is looted so you would need to keep looting it.

It all depends on your rng luck. Usually a Mob train from that large hallway with the giant boss to the jail area then aoe down, but sometimes when I did it with a friend it would take the whole dungeon it get all of the keys. Also!!!!!!! Once a Coffer chest is looted and it had a ring but not the one you want you can invite a friend and he can run to brd and loot the chest BUT the chest has a 5min despawn timer that is reset every time it is looted so you would need to keep looting it.

Would this be a good route. All around that molten font boss, then around both sides of the jail? I’m probably going to farm quite a few keys first then spend a whole day opening coffers. Wowhead says almost 1% drop on ring from chest. Doesn’t seem like too bad of a farm

Would this be a good route. All around that molten font boss, then around both sides of the jail? I’m probably going to farm quite a few keys first then spend a whole day opening coffers. Wowhead says almost 1% drop on ring from chest. Doesn’t seem like too bad of a farm
i have clocked more than 200000 coffers easily in my time doing this farm in the passed few years, i would be more than happy to route you the best run i have found
[doublepost=1522768218,1522767298][/doublepost]that's not how it works, you lose your keys upon leaving the instance

The DIR farm has gotten much harder. I would like to think the best way to farm them would be with 3 other 60s and a 110.

The DIR farm has gotten much harder. I would like to think the best way to farm them would be with 3 other 60s and a 110.

Curious why so many 60s? My 110 mage buddy runs me, he only needs to pull baelgarr room and both sides of prison and both our loots gets us the keys we need to open all 12 coffers

I stacked up keys on my friends acc and once a ring dropped i logged on my own acc and grabbed ring/neck on whichever of my 60s i wanted it on, if u stay inside the mountain u dont lose the keys!

i've also done 1k+ coffer runs, etyrn#1935 for route

the farm itself hasn't changed w/ 7.3.5

you don't need multiple accounts or some shit, the despawn timer is enough so that you can run to coffers on 60 without needing to worry about it. just group yourself w/ the char you're running it on. i.e., create group finder group on the higher lvl char, put it on autoaccept, log over to your 60 and join group (get to brd entrance if you're not already), swap back to higher lvl char and delist group -> run til you get a coffer drop (make sure your autoloot isn't on while opening them), then swap to your 60 and loot it

i'd argue emissary is actually more difficult now (have farmed new version of agi bracers at 29/39/60) -- even though it's personal loot, the rare can drop loot your class can't even use, or nothing at all. only easier if you're grouped w/ others for the kill

Curious why so many 60s? My 110 mage buddy runs me, he only needs to pull baelgarr room and both sides of prison and both our loots gets us the keys we need to open all 12 coffers

Personal loot system is why, right? Say I am farming socket gear on my 60 paladin. The probability of said items would have a greater drop rate if I brought 60 warriors/DKs/paladins with me because you'd be able to trade loot. Not quite sure if it works with the coffers, I haven't farmed them since the previous patch
[doublepost=1522976385,1522976156][/doublepost]
what is the reason of farming these now anyways? theyre more or less useless for anything except world pvp and duels

well, these rings are considered BIS. Not to mention the bragging rights behind them. I'd give props to anyone who has obtained 2 of them regardless of the suffix

Personal loot system is why, right? Say I am farming socket gear on my 60 paladin. The probability of said items would have a greater drop rate if I brought 60 warriors/DKs/paladins with me because you'd be able to trade loot. Not quite sure if it works with the coffers, I haven't farmed them since the previous patch

It actually doesn't matter what class the 60s you bring with you are, as even though it is personal loot any class can get any suffix. For example, a rogue can still get a "of intellect" suffix from the coffers. Same goes for the emissary cuffs from gnomer.

It actually doesn't matter what class the 60s you bring with you are, as even though it is personal loot any class can get any suffix. For example, a rogue can still get a "of intellect" suffix from the coffers. Same goes for the emissary cuffs from gnomer.

I am 100% aware of that, I was just using the class reference because in my example, I used plate socket gear. Rings are obtainable / usable by any class, therefore anyone would be able to help here.
[doublepost=1522976688,1522976626][/doublepost]
I am 100% aware of that, I was just using the class reference because in my example, I used plate socket gear. Rings are obtainable / usable by any class, therefore anyone would be able to help here.
The 59 rogue in my Bio actually has a DIR of int lol

well, these rings are considered BIS. Not to mention the bragging rights behind them. I'd give props to anyone who has obtained 2 of them regardless of the suffix
yea ik did more than 300 runs for them on my 70 rogue in wod, got 2 of the monkey and a whole bunch of useless ones

I have done so many of these my eyes bleed. I’ve probibly got so many that I made a few k off of the vendor gold I got in return from selling them. I can confirm that post patch 7.3.5 and even after the recent reset inciting yourself to a group through the group finder and running on a high level for bear tar tar and just log out and log on your toon you need the ring on and walk in and run up. You have to be fast though since they de spawn

Users who are viewing this thread