Gems: Go all-out Versatility if BGs are Your Primary Interest?

Love these forums so far with how clearly people explain how to get up and started with getting gear for lvl 20 twinking. One question I have though is that as a Hunter, do I want to gem as much Agility as possible, or sink all Vers stats into them if BGs are my primary focus? Anyone know the math of what stat benefits better in regards to damage output as well as survivability? Thanks!

Love these forums so far with how clearly people explain how to get up and started with getting gear for lvl 20 twinking. One question I have though is that as a Hunter, do I want to gem as much Agility as possible, or sink all Vers stats into them if BGs are my primary focus? Anyone know the math of what stat benefits better in regards to damage output as well as survivability? Thanks!
You lose a chunk of secondary stats when you scale up to 29 in BGs, so they arent really a stat worth gemming over primary stats, because it gives you less value for your gem slots, especially considering the rather paltry secondary stat gems.

Im a big fan of vers and run 20%-ish on my warrior, but I wouldnt recommend that for hunter. Mastery is a much more preferable secondary stat and you get turtle, cheetah, exhilaration, disengage, feign death to deal with sticky situations, so dmg mitigation shouldnt be a huge issue for you. I havent played hunter this xpac but I'd say running in the 10% vers, 20-25% crit and just stuff the rest into mastery is probably a pretty good spread of secondaries.

I'd imagine mixing main stat and talasite would provide more offensive and defensive output than just stacking vers.

Not 100%, but seems pretty logical.

edit- and there is no agi/vers gem for us, is there.... or that'd be the way to do what you're saying. And just from fiddling with gearing up two hunters recently, it seemed like mastery was NOT the better choice for survival hunter like it is MM.

and you get turtle, cheetah, exhilaration, disengage, feign death to deal with sticky situations, so dmg mitigation shouldnt be a huge issue for you.
...Knockback, Wing Clip/Concussive Shot, Countershot, Freezing Trap, Mending Bandage/second Knockback.
#hunterlife
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread