Gems for SoO Heirlooms?

its not meant for lvl20s .. after SL goes live, you need lvl30 to get them

but if you are using on socketed BOA and that single 3-socket archaeo helm (lvl25), yes you can use it, for intel and str user only

These work w the boa weapons to give 5/6 for into and str on a 20? I have some of those weapons I should farm these up.

Attachments

• CF94E317-6421-4CE8-B3BC-11E12D20DFA6.png
    CF94E317-6421-4CE8-B3BC-11E12D20DFA6.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 815
fyi you cannot transfer characters cross accounts that has heirlooms in their inventory = you're required to add or have game time on your 'vet' account to be able to get these.

Is SOO Staff BiS for casters with 5int/6sta gems? It's the only SOO heirloom I have
If you had the 2pcs of 1H maybe more op, I think each socketed BOA has 2 sockets, so that makes a main hand off hand having 2 sockets more, in addition you can enchant intel on both

If you had the 2pcs of 1H maybe more op, I think each socketed BOA has 2 sockets, so that makes a main hand off hand having 2 sockets more, in addition you can enchant intel on both
If I recall correctly the int offhand didn’t have the sockets or the bonus although the second enchant would still make it more powerful than the staff.

Is SOO Staff BiS for casters with 5int/6sta gems? It's the only SOO heirloom I have
The off hand doesn’t have sockets and neither does the caster shield. BUT the tank shield has 2 sockets and has int on the shield but a 2 strength socket bonus.

So if you’re an int class that can use a shield your BIS is going to be Caster Mace and Tank Shield with a total of 4 socket (20 int 24 Stam) plus whatever the stats are on the BoAs themselves at 20

As I recall there is no 5int/6stam gems. Only 5str/6stam. Am I wrong?

I have cleared basicly all HC TBC dungeons to test the different sockets, since wowhead gives an impression that some weird combos still exist. The only two that I ever found to give more than 2+ main stat was 5 int/6 stam (Black Morass) and 5 str/6 stam (The Shattered Halls). Drop chances are pretty random, some times I got 2 gems from 1 run and other times I got 0 in 10+ runs.

Remember these HC dungeons only reset once daily, so if you plan to farm them, you have to switch between chars that are able to enter and solo these dungeons. Around 36+ was fine for me.

Users who are viewing this thread