Gem options for P Pally with no Str/Haste available?

Discussion in '20s (Shadowlands)' started by Mattymatt726, May 12, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Mattymatt726

Mattymatt726 Member

I'm on an account that's about to go vet in a week or so and have no stable market for gems lately on the AH. Would my best options just be +3 Str untill the Str/Haste become available or a mix of +3 Str and +3 Haste or just go with +3 Str and +3 Stamina? These are really my only options at the moment.

2. toskosa

toskosa Veteran

Whats your gold like? how is your servers ah? if you have the funds/time you could always just lvl jc on a higher lvl toon and mailing the gems you need over.

3. OP
    Mattymatt726

Mattymatt726 Member

Unfortunately, while i can make gems form Nothrend on Horde, i don't have the resources/gold to do so as this soon to be vet is so i can dedicate more time to Alliance toons when bored. My main has almost all of my 50 toons Horde.

4. Bop

Bop Remember the Treeline

Str/Stamina is probably better than Str/Haste anyways.

• Like Like x 1
    • NotLikeThis NotLikeThis x 1
  5. toskosa

toskosa Veteran

hmm can try a mix of +3 str gems and +3 haste gems evenely split across all your gear, its not as good as 2/2 but might be what you are looking for if there are any +3 haste gems in the ah

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    Mattymatt726

Mattymatt726 Member

I always see people recommend the Haste, but i can get Stamina and Strength from AH atm anyways, so this is probably how I'll have to go in the meantime.

7. toskosa

toskosa Veteran

haste reduces the cd's of your abilities and with enough str you can keep blessed hammers debuff on enemies up for ever. I take pretty much 0 damage from elite mobs in dungeons only bosses really ever hurt me on my p paladin. I am not even gemmed properly ( using a mix of 3 haste 3 str gems my server is garbage for gem so its taking a while to make 2/2 str haste gems)

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    Mattymatt726

Mattymatt726 Member

I have a 10 Pally and while i know he has better scaling than a 20, He has Str/Haste gems and was fun in a few dungeons. I just assumed 2/2 Str/H was the best/most used option. No Haste on AH, so i will have to do +3 Stam/Str for now. There is 3 Str/H gems there, so I'll snag those for sure.

9. Bop

Bop Remember the Treeline

It sort of depends on what you're looking to do. If you want to do PvE solo content, then you probably want a lot of str/haste.

If you want to do Battlegrounds, you probably want str/stamina primarily - unless you prefer gray screen. Obsessing over a 0.1 second reduction on your abilities at the cost of 2k HP on a class that scales very well with stamina seems like a mistake...

If you want to do Wargame / Skirmish arenas, you want str/stamina. The cast time on your flash of light is irrelevant when it's not your main source of healing. Getting mastery as high as possible will actually be the most important thing to do here.

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    Mattymatt726

Mattymatt726 Member

He's for PvE solo.

11. Ammonite

Ammonite Member

I kind of like crit for prot PvE. Holy power generation is fine without haste. I have a 2 Str/2 Crit gem set for my prot pally and it slaps in PvE. For some bosses I'll swap to a mastery/crit/Runeblade ret set.

The next time you're subbed you should look at leveling BC JC on a higher level. The gems are easy enough to farm from Sunwell trash, and you can get most patterns with either rep or a few clears of Hyjal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    Mattymatt726

Mattymatt726 Member

Am i right, that i can only do each of these 1x per day?

13. Warglave

Warglave Veteran

Just go STR cuz it's prot and basically immortal. You dont even need gems for most available content....

14. Ammonite

Ammonite Member

One of which?

You can make as many gems as you want each day. The Hyjal raid is once per week. The patterns drop off the bosses. For farming trash at Sunwell, you can do that as much as you want as long as you don't kill any bosses. Go in, pull trash before first boss, kill, loot, run out, and reset the raid.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  15. OP
    Mattymatt726

Mattymatt726 Member

I was asking if i was only allowed to do the raids 1x per day. I already did them both on a level 50 on my main account. Lots of Tailoring/Leather recipies dropped. Only a +3 Parry. I will remember the tip next reset on Sunwell.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)