EU+US Gearing guide 85 in progress (feedback)

Firemaniac

Veteran
I like this a lot, only thing i'd suggest is add in the level 70 rep grind rings/necks that proc 100 and 85 intel. Both those combined have about a 22% uptime so the overall intel you're gaining from those is huge. Also makes for great burst potential

i am refering to the part that you mentioned you dont favor spellfire and whitemend set .. i tested it once even at lvl100, you dont lose a lot of stamina if you use the lvl70 heroic dungeon gem 5int/6stam (some may opt for 5int/4versa), those gear with 2 sockets you get 10int+12stam, those with 3 sockets you get 15int+18stam, on top of the 17% increase in primary stat, i think they are still bis for most int class

I like this a lot, only thing i'd suggest is add in the level 70 rep grind rings/necks that proc 100 and 85 intel. Both those combined have about a 22% uptime so the overall intel you're gaining from those is huge. Also makes for great burst potential
To the best of my knowledge the necklaces procs do not currently grant stats and the ring has a low proc rate with a long icd. And even if the necklace works it’s procrate is also low. 22% seems accurate but I usually see lower than higher than that number. Also in this bracket I think static main stat and mastery is king

Hey, so i started making a guide today like 3 hours ago and wanted to have some feedback on it. If anything is hard 2 understand or w/e you feel for, comment it. And if people seem to like it il finnish it, thanks.

And i only included items which me and my friends feel is the best. Also its not finished so a lot of information is lacking. ty

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uBRDEH8uLoxSaamL4vRgpxVUvgU-cgmgpjuHJVD6V1I/edit?usp=sharing

Nice!

Just a few things.

Trinket wise, I remember the following being great for those stacking mastery:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=72898/foul-gift-of-the-demon-lord&bonus=4160#contained-in-object

I also think the below can scale to level 85 although I could well be mistaken:
https://www.wowhead.com/item=118877/fizzlebangs-folly&bonus=3914#dropped-by:0-2-10-9+1

This would probably be the best elixir too:
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=17636/flask-of-distilled-wisdom

53 int
[doublepost=1572347341,1572345373][/doublepost]
i am refering to the part that you mentioned you dont favor spellfire and whitemend set .. i tested it once even at lvl100, you dont lose a lot of stamina if you use the lvl70 heroic dungeon gem 5int/6stam (some may opt for 5int/4versa), those gear with 2 sockets you get 10int+12stam, those with 3 sockets you get 15int+18stam, on top of the 17% increase in primary stat, i think they are still bis for most int class

Depends on what stat you're stacking. I know that classes like affliction warlock benefit greatly from stacking mastery which you lose a substantial amount of when using the Spellfire and Whitemend Set.

I know that classes like affliction warlock benefit greatly from stacking mastery which you lose a substantial amount of when using the Spellfire and Whitemend Set.
Yes.. When I tested spellfire+whitemend on different lvl up to lvl100, total primary stat and stamina surpass other gears but it's at the expense of secondary stats. It is prob good for classes that rely greatly on primary stat. I did the test without enchantments, I believe with the enchantments, the loss of secondary stats can be reduced, but chances are, most players will stack primary stats when they enchant.
[doublepost=1572384617,1572384260][/doublepost]https://www.wowhead.com/item=118877/fizzlebangs-folly&bonus=3914#dropped-by:0-2-10-9+1

I think the lowest this goes is lvl87

To the best of my knowledge the necklaces procs do not currently grant stats and the ring has a low proc rate with a long icd. And even if the necklace works it’s procrate is also low. 22% seems accurate but I usually see lower than higher than that number. Also in this bracket I think static main stat and mastery is king

they actually fixed it! The necklace works and procs 100 intel for 10 seconds, and the ring procs 85 for 10. The proc rate is 15% on spellcast but usually proc off the first 1-3 abilities in combat. They both have a 45 second ICD. And with the spellfire/whitemend set you get over 200 SP on your openers which is pretty insane. They almost line up perfectly with MoP alchemy trinket as well

they actually fixed it! The necklace works and procs 100 intel for 10 seconds, and the ring procs 85 for 10. The proc rate is 15% on spellcast but usually proc off the first 1-3 abilities in combat. They both have a 45 second ICD. And with the spellfire/whitemend set you get over 200 SP on your openers which is pretty insane. They almost line up perfectly with MoP alchemy trinket as well
Yes but all of this relys on the length of the fight, and for pvp you lose so much stamina by choosing these pieces that if the player can mitigate your burst you are sol. I can see whitemend being useful but spellfire is a huge loss of stats. It is interesting to see the rings and necklace being changed to intellect though, does make it more useful though now with the set bonus.

Aight so I did the breakdown a bit, just to show the pros and cons of using the 70 shit ([Shattered Sun Pendant of Acumen] [Band of the Eternal Sage]). I compared the 70 items with the BOA Versitility neck and Ring of the Riven (other BiS ring for most casters). The total stat breakdown of using the 70 items comes down to +31.7 intel, -10 stam, +4 crit, -19 vers, -5 haste, -5 mast. What I did in regards to intel is I took the total 185 and multiplied it by .22 (its total uptime) to get an average of the amount of intel it gave you. All in all, for raw dmg output over the course of a boss pull, these items would increase your dps. The stam loss is almost unnoticeable as it's only about 180 hp. If you're talking about PvP, then while these items are not procced you're losing roughly 5% total dmg (9 intel -->1.5%, 19 vers-->1.8%, 5 mast-->.8-1.2%, 5 haste-->some small %), but with procced you're gaining about 35% dmg. This can open up burst windows if you're able to set it up correctly. Now, its a different kind of playstyle, waiting for procs. But I personally use it on all my casters. I'm an aggro player so stam doesn't matter much to me, however if I'm dueling someone, like a rogue who can vanish out procs I'm 100% going to value the on use heal of the BoA neck and stamina.

Yes.. When I tested spellfire+whitemend on different lvl up to lvl100, total primary stat and stamina surpass other gears but it's at the expense of secondary stats. It is prob good for classes that rely greatly on primary stat. I did the test without enchantments, I believe with the enchantments, the loss of secondary stats can be reduced, but chances are, most players will stack primary stats when they enchant.
[doublepost=1572384617,1572384260][/doublepost]https://www.wowhead.com/item=118877/fizzlebangs-folly&bonus=3914#dropped-by:0-2-10-9+1

I think the lowest this goes is lvl87

They hold their own because it's % based. Therefore their potency is relative to the rest of your intellect gained through the increased level and net stats from other available gear.

Due to the huge gearing options at 80-89 I struggle to pin anything down to BIS. Instead you can customize as you wish to fit your playstyle/opponent.

My priest has fairly poor gear compared to what I could obtain on him. But he has a large hp pool and enough secondaries to pull away from mages and warlocks with spellfire/whitemend gear, not being blown up in their initial burst. After that's over it becomes fairly easy to regain control. I find this much more difficult when equipping spellfire/whitemend gear myself as I can be taken down to literally 10% hp in their opener with only 8k hp.

Thank you all for the comments and il make sure to update and with help of some friends finnish it in around 1-2 weeks where i look at everything available and pick the most important items. Thanks
[doublepost=1572452733,1572451793][/doublepost]
Aight so I did the breakdown a bit, just to show the pros and cons of using the 70 shit ([Shattered Sun Pendant of Acumen] [Band of the Eternal Sage]). I compared the 70 items with the BOA Versitility neck and Ring of the Riven (other BiS ring for most casters). The total stat breakdown of using the 70 items comes down to +31.7 intel, -10 stam, +4 crit, -19 vers, -5 haste, -5 mast. What I did in regards to intel is I took the total 185 and multiplied it by .22 (its total uptime) to get an average of the amount of intel it gave you. All in all, for raw dmg output over the course of a boss pull, these items would increase your dps. The stam loss is almost unnoticeable as it's only about 180 hp. If you're talking about PvP, then while these items are not procced you're losing roughly 5% total dmg (9 intel -->1.5%, 19 vers-->1.8%, 5 mast-->.8-1.2%, 5 haste-->some small %), but with procced you're gaining about 35% dmg. This can open up burst windows if you're able to set it up correctly. Now, its a different kind of playstyle, waiting for procs. But I personally use it on all my casters. I'm an aggro player so stam doesn't matter much to me, however if I'm dueling someone, like a rogue who can vanish out procs I'm 100% going to value the on use heal of the BoA neck and stamina.
i Actully thought the Hyjal rep rings were bugged? last time i used them they just showed as tooltip and didnt give me any stats, they changed all rings and neck procs or?

Users who are viewing this thread