Gearing a 69 twink?

hank343

Grandfathered
I apologize if playing a 69 is frowned upon but I am considering making one. I just wanted to ask how the gearing process might go. For example, can I use a second account to run myself through old raids (if necessary)? Or would most of my gear be coming from wotlk dungeons?

I apologize if playing a 69 is frowned upon but I am considering making one. I just wanted to ask how the gearing process might go. For example, can I use a second account to run myself through old raids (if necessary)? Or would most of my gear be coming from wotlk dungeons?
Don't be silly, anyone who shames you for playing the level you enjoy is an asshole. All the gear you need is found in dungeons, you will want socket gear mostly from TBC. Also check wowhead for socket gear, some of it can come from quests and should help you gear faster, at least one piece from questing is BiS (unless you prefer meta socket) and can be obtained from a short quest chain on Shadowmoon Valley.

If you are from US realms then check the community, maybe you will find some people that are willing to run dungeons.

https://xpoff.com/threads/alliance-community-for-60s-for-us.79376/

Being hated for playing 69 is actualy the funniest part.

How to find the best gear:

wowhead.com>Database>Armor>*armor type*>*piece of gear*
Filters:
Req level x - 69
Additional filters...>Equippable items>Has gem sockets

Sort by Req
Ignore Heroic pieces (obtainable 70+)

More sockets are mostly better, but you better compare stats.
If you use intel/crit or agi/crit gems, I recommend going for gear without crit, so you can get secondaries more balanced, but this also depends on your playstyle.
Idk about weapons, but you should avoid using staffs, coz MH+OH can get better stat with right enchants.
You can get trinkets from alchemy, engineering, classic raids or Mindtap Talisman is nice. This also depends on your playstyle.
You can check my priest in signature. I am missing feet and 3 enchants to BiS.
[doublepost=1541680739,1541680377][/doublepost]Btw. My head is from quest in Shadowmoon Valey, neck and wrist from Icecrown

If you use intel/crit or agi/crit gems

I think u can enter into Heroic Dungeons at 69 so the 5 Int 4 Haste gems would be bis for your priest... not 100% sure though and ofc comes down to playstyle.

Generally for healers/casters/most characters these days because of GCD changes prefer haste so they can get more abilities and casts off.

I think there are strength and agility variants too.

Reckless Fire Opal

Being hated for playing 69 is actualy the funniest part.

How to find the best gear:

wowhead.com>Database>Armor>*armor type*>*piece of gear*
Filters:
Req level x - 69
Additional filters...>Equippable items>Has gem sockets

Sort by Req
Ignore Heroic pieces (obtainable 70+)

More sockets are mostly better, but you better compare stats.
If you use intel/crit or agi/crit gems, I recommend going for gear without crit, so you can get secondaries more balanced, but this also depends on your playstyle.
Idk about weapons, but you should avoid using staffs, coz MH+OH can get better stat with right enchants.
You can get trinkets from alchemy, engineering, classic raids or Mindtap Talisman is nice. This also depends on your playstyle.
You can check my priest in signature. I am missing feet and 3 enchants to BiS.
[doublepost=1541680739,1541680377][/doublepost]Btw. My head is from quest in Shadowmoon Valey, neck and wrist from Icecrown

unlike before, wowhead search now requires certain skill & knowledge lolol .. many things are not appearing when you do a search, if you search for by required lvl1-lvl59, with >=2 sockets armor (even if you key in has gem socket), all those lvl59 socket armor doesnt appear lolol .. so you need to know there is such an item in the first place

Im glad to see allys pushing 60 bracket, lately

Personbil,
Visionary
Bastuck
Gammo and some other old 60s.

Horde bracket seems to be stronger and more active tho. We have about 140 peeps now.

Users who are viewing this thread