Gearing a 10 BM Monk

hdvsony

Hello,
I'm looking for a bis list for 10s brewmaster monk. I'm using it to carry some dungeons. I'm curious which weapons are bis atm and what enchants on it? I have gear with sockets, using Hunger of Pack and which trinket would be bis for such activity? Any recent guides, because i cant find one.
Thanks for any replies ! :)

Like @Chops said, if the soul purpose for your 10 is dungeon clearing, you should respec to MW as they received a 30% damage increase to Spinning kick this patch. Slap Lifestealing on your weapon and you will be good to go.

https://xpoff.com/threads/10s-quick-start-gearing-guide-shadowlands.96514/

Check the spoilers under the Monk section to see your bis list.

I just leveled a Monk to 17 to farm some, and was going to make a lvl 10, but was planning to go BM. I have never played Monk before this. Is it safe to assume that monks don't fill traditional roles? As in a MW monk isn't just a healer? I had assumed that.

I just leveled a Monk to 17 to farm some, and was going to make a lvl 10, but was planning to go BM. I have never played Monk before this. Is it safe to assume that monks don't fill traditional roles? As in a MW monk isn't just a healer? I had assumed that.

Correct assumption. MW is in fact the best level 10 twink tank. There are a few other classes that fall under those unorthodox roles.

I know this is a 10’s thread but I saw someone with a 12 BM Monk and when I asked him why 12? He showed me the Stagger passive ability that BM Monks gets at 12. The ability causes a large portion of the damage you receive to be taken over a period of time which drastically increases the size potential of the pulls you can make. It was definitely interesting to see. I was also looking at the DF Talents and BM gets Stagger at 13 next Xpac and if you go to 15 the next talent under stagger increases the effect of Stagger by 100%… You could probably pull the whole dungeon lmao. 16 is a pretty common level for Dungeon crushing Monks as well because they can be used to farm BoE Epics I believe for 20’s. I have a 10 BM Monk with an Epic Cudgel (haven’t geared anything else yet) but I’m thinking of making a 16 BM Monk in preparation for DF and for BoE farming.

Last edited:
I know this is a 10’s thread but I saw someone with a 12 BM Monk and when I asked him why 12? He showed me the Stagger passive ability that BM Monks gets at 12. The ability causes a large portion of the damage you receive to be taken over a period of time which drastically increases the size potential of the pulls you can make. It was definitely interesting to see. I was also looking at the DF Talents and BM gets Stagger at 13 next Xpac and if you go to 15 the next talent under stagger increases the effect of Stagger by 100%… You could probably pull the whole dungeon lmao. 16 is a pretty common level for Dungeon crushing Monks as well because they can be used to farm BoE Epics I believe for 20’s. I have a 10 BM Monk with an Epic Cudgel (haven’t geared anything else yet) but I’m thinking of making a 16 BM Monk in preparation for DF and for BoE farming.
You get more abilities at level 60, if you wanna keep using that logic.

You don't need Stagger at level 10. If you are taking more damage than your Lifesteal heal does, you're doing something wrong.

You don't need defensives other than Lifesteal as you kill everything super fast.

On top of all this, why are you even BM when MW does more Spin kick damage.

You get more abilities at level 60, if you wanna keep using that logic.

You don't need Stagger at level 10. If you are taking more damage than your Lifesteal heal does, you're doing something wrong.

You don't need defensives other than Lifesteal as you kill everything super fast.

On top of all this, why are you even BM when MW does more Spin kick damage.

Why are you angerly judging someone for choosing a different spec than you? I find BM more fun because everyone chooses MW? And historically the OP spec doesn’t always stay the OP spec… I find survivability in general fun. Damage is cool, don’t get me wrong. If you’re just looking to boost alts and speed run dungeons play MW for sure (for now). But why such hostility for pointing out that BM is good in it’s own way and has aspects to it that allow bigger pulls and a different play style? Every spec of Monk is better than every spec of every other class at level 10 in dungeons. You can play what you enjoy playing.

Why are you angerly judging someone for choosing a different spec than you? I find BM more fun because everyone chooses MW? And historically the OP spec doesn’t always stay the OP spec… I find survivability in general fun. Damage is cool, don’t get me wrong. If you’re just looking to boost alts and speed run dungeons play MW for sure (for now). But why such hostility for pointing out that BM is good in it’s own way and has aspects to it that allow bigger pulls and a different play style? Every spec of Monk is better than every spec of every other class at level 10 in dungeons. You can play what you enjoy playing.

I am simply stating facts. You are assigning anger to my words.

Every monk spec is not better than every class. Stop spreading misinformation.

You want to pull full dungeons, as stated on your original comment. I am informing you, in a very objective manner, that you do not need Stagger for that. You can do it just fine with Lifestealing. Heck I do it on my Fury WARRIOR using Lifesteal and Whirlwind.

And FYI, Warriors don't have Stagger.

I am simply stating facts. You are assigning anger to my words.

Every monk spec is not better than every class. Stop spreading misinformation.

You want to pull full dungeons, as stated on your original comment. I am informing you, in a very objective manner, that you do not need Stagger for that. You can do it just fine with Lifestealing. Heck I do it on my Fury WARRIOR using Lifesteal and Whirlwind.

And FYI, Warriors don't have Stagger.

Name one other class at lvl 10 that can solo a Dungeon as fast as even a BM Monk. I play 5 different lvl 10 Twinks and I’ve run into just about every other. Arc Mages do the 2nd most AoE damage from what I’ve seen but lack survivability. MM Hunters do the most single target damage and the pet can tank but the pulls have to be small. 10 is my main Twink lvl

Prot pally is pretty good but lacks significant AoE until 15 for blessed hammer talent. But survivability it's king.

Yeah Prot Pally is awesome. I haven’t got around to testing a Blood DK at 10 yet. But as far as speed running goes, all 3 Monk Specs are ahead of any other Class/Spec. Not to say that other classes aren’t fun.

Blood DK at 10

I tried frost back when crusader was still giving 100 str and it was disappointing. I think they lack too many abilities.

speed running

Technically druid is nice cuz you can stealth past so much, but untill 11 and swipe it's meh. IMO, anyway. At 15 with brambles it's incredible tho. I just used it recently to do hillsbrad in normal mode to reduce the drops from the last boss...

WAYYY better then running yourself via RNG legacy loot.

I tried frost back when crusader was still giving 100 str and it was disappointing. I think they lack too many abilities.

Technically druid is nice cuz you can stealth past so much, but untill 11 and swipe it's meh. IMO, anyway. At 15 with brambles it's incredible tho. I just used it recently to do hillsbrad in normal mode to reduce the drops from the last boss...

WAYYY better then running yourself via RNG legacy loot.

Yeah DK loses even more abilities at 10 when DF hits so I probably won’t waste my time. I have a 15 DK and 15 Warrior. I started a lvl 10 Druid but haven’t geared it yet. DF is giving Moonkin Form at lvl 10 so that might get pretty solid. 15 UH DK is getting Perma Ghoul so that might be solid. I’m sad about my 15 Fury War though… losing Titans Grip

Users who are viewing this thread