1. Hey Guest! We would appreciate it if you took the time to follow our new Twitter Account, the staff is working hard to make it a central hub for the latest news and content from XPOFF so through us a follow @ https://twitter.com/xpoff_website
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest! Along with allowing public access to the over 800,000 messages on the Twinkinfo.com Archive, we've also now enabled posting so users are free to reminisce and reflect together on our collective history. Threads that are made active once more will be moved outside of the Archive and into a more recent sub-forum. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

US Gauging Interest for a Return to Aerie Peak (H/A)

Discussion in 'Free to Play' started by Hashbrowns, Jul 30, 2017.

Share This Page

Would to return to AP and MAIN a 20 that isn't broken in the hopes for better games?

1. Yes, this would be my new main/majority of my time

34 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No, I like my current server/character

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Hashbrowns

Hashbrowns Veteran

I'd like to propose a return to Aerie Peak. Both Horde and Alliance. Using the addon https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/f2paddon and forming groups.

Lets get back to the days of 40 online each-side.

I suggest we form daily wargames vs eachother. Horde vs Alliance. With that big a community on either side we should have some really solid games going at all times. I'm not going to setup specific times, IMO that never works. It's a sign on, join, get in a wargame type deal.

I'd like to propose the following wargame restrictions:
    No Surv or MM Hunter
    No Arms Warrior
    20's only

That's it. I don't think disc is that broken at 20 but we can look at it later. I'd like to encourage people to even reroll a new starter account. Grind the gear, like the old days. Make it mean something. But I'm not going to gimp people out of plate/mail helms so play as you like.

I'm going to gear for wpvp. Not messing around with gray items or broken wand stats, so boring. But play as you like, stat difference is next to nothing. I'd hope we get to a point for some massive wpvp with chants/gear that matters.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Suntosh, dragonsblood, Tidey and 8 others like this.
  2. Chops

Chops Veteran

I'll build a toon or two for numbers. Each faction. I cant commit to playing them as my mains but if it starts to take off I'll transfer my main over (why? why did I build my toon on jaedenar?)

Sketchbag likes this.
  3. Light

Light pennywise

yeah tbh ill transfer over if this takes off

Tidey and Sketchbag like this.
  4. Roboartist

Roboartist Reclaimer

I voted yes as a Maybe. And this would be for alliance only. I have far too many toons on BH horde and I don't plan on xfering.

Besides, alliance is sometimes lacking in skilled players. Only reason they have the upper hand alot if because they roll fotm all the time.

I would gladly try and help from time to time when it comes to funding on alliance if vet toons are allowed. If not, I can maybe farm f2p Boes (if i am willing).

5. dre

dre Member

I'll help with party making.If this sticks lonesome in AP nowadays

6. lunare

lunare New Member

That would be awesome! I switched over to AP about a year ago, and I quite like it. That being said, I have the F2PADDON, and each day the norm of players to come online is 1-3.

Sketchbag likes this.
  7. Soda4Matt

Soda4Matt New Member

Already making my Druid for ally, not sure what I want yet for horde!

Sketchbag likes this.
  8. AlisterCrow

AlisterCrow Member

I love this thread. Great idea @Hashbrowns !

I remember the first time I ever used the f2p addon was during early WoD and on Aerie Peak it was almost like being in a guild with all the people online. There were always people sitting in front of org on their fishing turtles and dueling. It was really cool having such a big community on one server like that.

I've got a few things to sort out IRL before I can even touch wow again, but I've got a DK on AP that I just kind of stopped playing while leveling through the broken isle and will definitely make another vet 20 when I come back to wow. I look forward to the bants and the absolute insanity that can be Aerie Peak Gurubashi slaughter fests.

Sketchbag likes this.
  9. Harleybow

Harleybow Grandfathered

Bring Cata AP back.

Sketchbag likes this.
  10. Fael

Fael Believer

game is too trash man

yasueh, Dabow, Captain and 3 others like this.
  11. sanraymond

sanraymond Member

I have 6 or 7 toons on AP right now. Though my main f2ps are on dalaran, I created most of my "same class opposite faction" on AP so yeah I spent a fair amount of time here. Will be happy to have more ppl to play with. Though i do feel there are many new f2ps on dalaran too

12. Dark

Dark Grandfathered

I still have 1 F2P Resto Shaman on AP Horde side, named Ðarkhoof. I'll hop on from time to time to see if anythings goin on. I haven't used the old F2PAddon in forever though, does it even still work?

Hmu for premades (if I'm not on a 110). Dark801#1998

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    AlisterCrow likes this.
  13. Flynn

Flynn Heyo

Went on yesterday and there was only 1 person using the addon and I couldn't really find any level 20s.

Sad to see, hope this goes well!

Sketchbag and AlisterCrow like this.
  14. Walrusbreath

Walrusbreath Member

I have 9 toons on AP-Ally, 3 are 20s. No Horde on AP, they're on other realms.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  15. Fael

Fael Believer

Was that 1 person me ;)

16. Fry

Fry Herping 'n derping

Maybe we could vote for certain days or specific times (just while more people join)?? So people don't get discouraged when they log at a random day/time and don't see anyone online.
    I have some toons on AP horde and alli :D

Pixel likes this.
  17. Embu

Embu French Moderator

Great idea, something like this would be more preferable I find : p

18. OP
    Hashbrowns

Hashbrowns Veteran

Good responses so far. I feel like this doesn't work if it's not your main... I know that's a huge commitment so not asking for anything yet, just gauging some general interest. I'm going to be playing it, any time I'm on it will be AP. Seen Deej and Leviathan, those are the old names I recognized so far. Had 3-4 people on during one session. I'll probably play Alliance, which is rare for me haha. But that's where I started F2P and Goldshire looks fun right now. I just need to figure out what to play...

This is my mage, my main for the past 5 years, for those that don't know me https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/blackwing-lair/tacticz

19. OP
    Hashbrowns

Hashbrowns Veteran

I hope to get good games back with this. The thought is that can be achieved with 2 things:
    a.) We have 2 groups of people that all twink and know battlegrounds well, fighting eachother. Should dramatically increase game play.
    b.) We limit the burst classes so things aren't so robotic. You might actually have to chain CC or separate heals from a group with slows, or peel for a healer and actually save them.

20. Walrusbreath

Walrusbreath Member

Yea I've seen Deej on the past few nights.

b.) We limit the burst classes so things aren't so robotic.

Aww, no Destros then? : (