Garrison - what is possible to achieve?

Monkeyflip

Conquered ICC 10 man as level 70 twink!
Lately, I have been very interested in building my Garrison on my level 27 character, because of the different Achievements that can be completed.
I was wondering how much you all have achieved in your Garrison and what you think is possible to achieve, for lower level players like we're.

I am also planning on doing this on my level 20 Disc Priest, but I am currently stuck with achieving everything I want in my Garrison.

Currently, I have done all quests in WoD, for collection of Followers and getting Blue Prints - but currently there is not much more that I can achieve.

I'm speaking for lvl 20's, I'm not too sure if there is more to do at 27, but you should be able to do:
  1. get just over 20 follower as F2P, as Vet you can get a max 30 follower.
  2. Looks like 9.1.5 now made it so we can use Armor and Weapon upgrades again for followers, so should be easy to get them all to 675 ilvl - was a lot more difficult before yesterday's patch
  3. I'm wondering if 9.1.5 will allow those books you find to work now? They worked originally, but then stopped. Hopefully they work now so you could buy a medium or large blueprints. This may allow 1 building that u can't normally upgrade to be upgraded. I was lucky at the start of the patch to get a lvl 2 Barracks so I can lvl bodyguards. I also had a lvl 2 Bunker, so could make Armor & Weapons for followers. I wonder if it will allow purchase of mog items now? I just demolished by Barracks so will soon find out.
  4. you can get all your small buildings to lvl 2
  5. Fishing & Mining u can get to lvl 2
  6. Herb unfortunately nothing you can do
  7. Daily dungeon quests with Inn
  8. If your a little loopy.... like me, you can try and min - max your followers for the bext combos. I found a spreadsheet online which helped me to do it. Can link it if your interested
  9. Draenor professions can be easily levelled via the Garrison small buildings
Probably a bit more you can do. For a while, you could trick the Missions table to give you 675 missions, but I heard it no longer can be done post 9.1.5. But it was a pain to do.

I'm also quietly doing Oil missions in the hope we get Shipyards down the track ;)

Edit: good chance lvl 2 plans could work again.
Plans.JPG

I'm just pi$$ed that toons that levelled Garrisons prior may miss out if like me, you sold the books because they were useless......

Last edited:
good chance lvl 2 plans could work again.
View attachment 20187

I'm just pi$$ed that toons that levelled Garrisons prior may miss out if like me, you sold the books because they were useless......

What medium/large buildings are worthwile to get to lvl 2 as a lvl 20 F2P?
I've been thinking of getting the Inn, and the stables lvl 2 unlock the quests for https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9539/advanced-husbandry#see-also , but I don't know whether the quests can be picked up at lvl 20.

What medium/large buildings are worthwile to get to lvl 2 as a lvl 20 F2P?
I've been thinking of getting the Inn, and the stables lvl 2 unlock the quests for https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9539/advanced-husbandry#see-also , but I don't know whether the quests can be picked up at lvl 20.
Medium:
The Inn is good. I haven't done much with it, but I have it on my mind to re-install it and do some dungeons in WoD for the dailies.
The Trading Post is the most useful I've found. It's more of a completionist thing but I was able to buy the mats I needed to lvl WoD profs.
The Lumber Mill allows you to get a follower and also trinket.

Large:
Get Dwarven Bunker while questing for extra % to upgrade gear
Barracks unlocks additional missions for followers
Mage Tower gives you 1 x extra teleport. You can get 2 if you can upgrade it again

Nothing game breaking, but they have some value. I'm a fan of the Garrison. :)

On another note, as a follow up to my earlier post, we still can't get the mogs from the Bunker :FrogeTorch:

Medium:
The Inn is good. I haven't done much with it, but I have it on my mind to re-install it and do some dungeons in WoD for the dailies.
The Trading Post is the most useful I've found. It's more of a completionist thing but I was able to buy the mats I needed to lvl WoD profs.
The Lumber Mill allows you to get a follower and also trinket.

Large:
Get Dwarven Bunker while questing for extra % to upgrade gear
Barracks unlocks additional missions for followers
Mage Tower gives you 1 x extra teleport. You can get 2 if you can upgrade it again

Nothing game breaking, but they have some value. I'm a fan of the Garrison. :)

On another note, as a follow up to my earlier post, we still can't get the mogs from the Bunker :FrogeTorch:

I think the inn only gives you dailies that award you chests with gear in them and nothing else.
For all the vanity stuff, you need to be lvl 40 and do Heroic Dungeons. I can kinda attest to this, cause I've only ever seen 3 dailies come from the inn, one for Bloodmaul slag mines, one for Docks and one for Auchindoun.

Can you still get the sets from the salvage building? like the light drinker rogue set?

Thank you all for your quick answers, great to see that I am not the only one doing Garrison on lower level characters.

Lately, I have been very interested in building my Garrison on my level 27 character, because of the different Achievements that can be completed.
I was wondering how much you all have achieved in your Garrison and what you think is possible to achieve, for lower level players like we're.

I am also planning on doing this on my level 20 Disc Priest, but I am currently stuck with achieving everything I want in my Garrison.

Currently, I have done all quests in WoD, for collection of Followers and getting Blue Prints - but currently there is not much more that I can achieve.
You can do this also - "Kill all Garrison Bosses" achievement. But you need a help of an high-lvl character to start the invasion.
Wo-WScrn-Shot-110521-001336.jpg

Last edited:
Hexweave bags come immediately to mind, as do blingtrons. IIRC there are a few more mounts and pets behind WoD professions too, as well as the obvious mogs. Professions in general tend to have some of the biggest draws to WoD's content.

Oh btw, the rep tokens you get from missions, do they have a lvl requirenment or a tooltip bug?
I got one to proc and it says it requires lvl 35 to use, but I still haven't started the mission.

Edit: Also I'm interested in how this works

You can do this also - "Kill all Garrison Bosses" achievement. But you need a help of an high-lvl character to start the invasion.
Wo-WScrn-Shot-110521-001336.jpg

Edit: Also I'm interested in how this works
You have to summon and kill boss, or someone in your party should summon it. You can summon it with special item that you can get from reward after any garrison invasion, with a small chance. This item is personal loot, that not relative to weekly invasion reward so you can farm it.
20 lvl can summon boss, but 20 lvl can't start invasion, that's why you need a high lvl. Make sure you aren't the Party Leader. Then right click your portrait and click "View Leaders Garrison" under Instances. Then you will go through a loading screen and be able to enter your friend's Garrison. Then your high-lvl friend should start an invasion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread