Future of 110

Gregol64

Grandfathered
Sooooooo
I've just finished running my Weekly Mythic Antorus and afterwards i went for a smoke.
Few minutes for myself got me thinking...
I am running IE and i coulnd't care less about PvP below max level.
I am currently 269ilv and what's the highest we can go? 275? 278?
There isn't really that much room to improve for 110s/111s once you reach decent item level. 265 is the highest titanforge can get you (yeah yeah i know sockets, speed, leech, avoid - sure). But every upgrade is really marginal ( for example Juggernaut Legplates i currently have 260ilv - 103Str, 49crit, 44 vers compered to 240 version is only +18 strenght, +3 crit and + 4 vers and that's 20 item levels difference on the "heaviest" slot [265 version 107 str, 50 crit, 44 ver which is +4str and +1 crit])
And let's say you get that 265s with sockets in each slot one day. Do you belive it still will be worth to run IE on twinks instead of good geared 120s in future patchs? I've already seen few players boosting IE on 380ilv chars and we only have first raid tier. Next tier will be +30 item levels as well as extra azerite traits, the next one after that? +60? Even with the best possible gear we can get we won't be as broken as 101s during legion who bassicly used to wear first raid tier items. It's HUGE difference - imagine wearing 340 gear now. Ok, they had few weaknesses as their weapons sucked and they could only equip 1 leggo but still. Are you able to solo normal dungeons with such an ease as 101 twinks used to? No, you aren't. And you never will. (well, neither will I...)
But well running too far away from my point.
What do you guys think after what you just read? Do you think we will be able to compete with 440ilv or even 410ilv? Or we are just wasting out time here?

Well 110s do more than just run IEs.

I play my 110 for at least 30hrs a week. I only do IEs for about 3hrs or so.

The reason I prefer 110 atm, is Bfa content is shit and my 120 feels slow and kills too slow compared to my 110.

Even with high normal-heroic ant raid ilvl, my main wasn't blowing up invasion bosses in 1 global like my 101 used to do. I don't think 120s are going to be crazy OP in IE. I think the scaling bullshit will still apply. If they reduce scaling tech, then you have a good point.

However, what about 110s that are just enjoying legion content (WQ are better for gold) or farming tmog or doing ant raids that are somewhat challening at 110 vs 120.

OR the ones that do pvp.

I intend to do more pvp once I am more satisfied with my gearing and need a break from my tmog farming :)

EDIT: I am considering at the very end of the xpac to take my 110 to 120 as I do want to do Uldir for tmog on that class and I only have the one pally at 110.

110s are all about synergy between azerite traits & legiondaries. Certain classes (cough DH cough) are much stronger than 101s ever were thanks to that. Others, with less synergic traits & leggos, will indeed never be as strong as they were at 101.

In Legion, blizz increased mobs' hp when 120s were overgeared. We can expect something similar if islands become too easy for 120s, but even without that, I doubt they'll ever come close to how fast 110s are.

There is no scaling in instances as far as i know. Only in open world

I'm not sure what you mean, mobs have been scaling in instances for a long time. Are you talking about another type of scaling?

Certain classes (cough DH cough) are much stronger than 101s ever were thanks to that.
Than you never saw a really good geared 101 alt like Anatari, Kazuz, Simple, Youngwalrus, Fakeblindbtw, Bixessc, Changzu etc

Of course 110s are very powerful especially at Isle Expeditions but in Dungeons they arent compareable to 101s in their prime...

Than you never saw a really good geared 101 alt like Anatari, Kazuz, Simple, Youngwalrus, Fakeblindbtw, Bixessc, Changzu etc

Of course 110s are very powerful especially at Isle Expeditions but in Dungeons they arent compareable to 101s in their prime...

I did and also played multiple classes at 101, but gotta admit that when judging 110s I was basing it off the best performing class/spec. DHs are way better than they ever were at 101, arguably better than all classes/specs were at 101.

If you look at 110s vs 101s in general, yes of course 101s were more powerful.

Thats true, demonhunters had great movementspeed + AoE damage but Boss Dps were a joke compared to BM/MM Hunters- Ele/Enhancer Shaman - Frost Dk's. Now they seem very powerful

DHs are way better than they ever were at 101, arguably better than all classes/specs were at 101.

After rethinking about 101s' single target dps, I feel it's necessery to rectify what I said about 110 DHs. For AoE they are most likely better than all 101s were, but can't come close in single target, it's true.

Craziest 101 single target dps I saw was enh sham with WoD legendary ring & class trinket that increased Windfurry damage by (?) ~400%. Could solo nelth bosses in less than 4sec with the AP mushroom.

Craziest 101 single target dps I saw was enh sham with WoD legendary ring & class trinket that increased Windfurry damage by (?) ~400%. Could solo nelth bosses in less than 4sec with the AP mushroom.
@Simple killed bosses in like 1 sec without AP mushroom because he had 872 weapon :)
My best were 7,81mio DPS. Boss died in 2,1sec as elemental

For AoE they are most likely better than all 101s were

I assume that 110 Dhs now have incredible AoE dps. Im not able to compare 110 Dhs with my old 101 Shaman. Maybe they are better but I was lucky to have kil'jaeden burning wish from paragon chests which was insane. Pull all mobs to boss and oneshot them with the trinket :D but that was just a specific description. In most compares I think 110 dhs are better in aoe than most of 101 in legion

Sooooooo
I've just finished running my Weekly Mythic Antorus and afterwards i went for a smoke.
Few minutes for myself got me thinking...
I am running IE and i coulnd't care less about PvP below max level.
I am currently 269ilv and what's the highest we can go? 275? 278?
There isn't really that much room to improve for 110s/111s once you reach decent item level. 265 is the highest titanforge can get you (yeah yeah i know sockets, speed, leech, avoid - sure). But every upgrade is really marginal ( for example Juggernaut Legplates i currently have 260ilv - 103Str, 49crit, 44 vers compered to 240 version is only +18 strenght, +3 crit and + 4 vers and that's 20 item levels difference on the "heaviest" slot [265 version 107 str, 50 crit, 44 ver which is +4str and +1 crit])
And let's say you get that 265s with sockets in each slot one day. Do you belive it still will be worth to run IE on twinks instead of good geared 120s in future patchs? I've already seen few players boosting IE on 380ilv chars and we only have first raid tier. Next tier will be +30 item levels as well as extra azerite traits, the next one after that? +60? Even with the best possible gear we can get we won't be as broken as 101s during legion who bassicly used to wear first raid tier items. It's HUGE difference - imagine wearing 340 gear now. Ok, they had few weaknesses as their weapons sucked and they could only equip 1 leggo but still. Are you able to solo normal dungeons with such an ease as 101 twinks used to? No, you aren't. And you never will. (well, neither will I...)
But well running too far away from my point.
What do you guys think after what you just read? Do you think we will be able to compete with 440ilv or even 410ilv? Or we are just wasting out time here?

I think the two most overlooked things with 110s is the fact they can pvp in their own bracket as opposed to 101s who were with 109s. And also leech is nearly the same as someone stacking it on a 101 last xpack. But the best part is anyone has access to 265 mythic ant gear + leech and sockets. Not just the super wealthy. Making the pvp scene ever more cray, because everyone will be on the same level eventually once everyone gets their mythic ant pieces.

Here is how I see the rest of xpack unfolding:

-With 120s IL slowly climbing, we will see many people in crazy mythic ant speed/leech setups making PVP very interesting. Already we have a twink community channel that has 10+ people on pvping at all times of the day. I see war games going down, as well as possibly arena tourneys.

-New things might be discovered/added that we might have access to at 110. Such as enchants, gems, gear possibly, or any extras added to Artifact neck. As well as unforeseen stuff, maybe consumables? Buffs? Who knows!

-Guilds will start to take shape, really trying to get any 110s I see on Stormrage alli to get together to make one lately. Will make organizing pvp and maybe even mythic ant raids in the future a lot easier.

-Full 110 mythic ant gearing raids. At some point, certain dedicated twinks will be full 260/265 mythic gear, and the best part is they won’t be done with any by any means. They still will need TF + 3rd stat or socket procs. So they will continue to run, making full 110 raids very possible with a lot of legendary and Azeroth synergy. We are more powerful than last xpack, don’t forget that. (Edit: 110s are much more powerful this xpack , than 110s we’re last xpack, not to be confused). Eventually we won’t need 120s to run us.

Yes 101s might be stronger compared to 110s this xpack, but we have much more to do with islands and pvp, and a lot more content is yet to be released, and our artifact necks will be a lot higher than our weaps last xpack

Last edited:
Even if my DH becomes less valuable as a twink, ill still use it as a speedrunner, currently sitting at 163% base movementspeed / 81% mastery. I hope future patches will give us some extra gearing options who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread