Fury Warrior 8.1

Lloran

Veteran
I'm preparing a Fury Warrior for PvP in battlegrounds (WSG/AB) and trying to pick up specific equipment in advance for when I hit 29. I have a few questions, based on what I saw in the Armory here.

1) Is Crusader still the best weapon enchant? I'm not sure if it was in 8.1, but Crusader appears to scale with your level now. As I recall, it seemed to give a flat +100 Strength proc before. Maybe the in-game tooltip is wrong, but I don't see anything in the patch notes about it. I have access to Crusader, though I also heard Elemental Force is pretty good, too.

2) Would Golden Iron Destroyer be preferable to Combatant Claymore, or at least a decent substitute? I've been looking for iLevel 33 Combatant Claymores on the AH, but haven't seen any in the past week. I do have a blacksmith who can craft Golden Iron Destroyers. I thought with the way PvP battleground level scaling worked was that your stats were purely based on your item level and enchants, though I don't have precise knowledge of how the algorithms work.

3) What would be the optimal way to use Iron Grenades? Of course, the idea is to use them to interrupt heals, to supplement Pummel. However, I rarely find that to be effective against competent opponents. In order to use them, I have to stand still for a second and throw to a fixed position, giving away what I'm about to do, so they can easily move out of the way. I do also have access to Discombobulator Rays, as an engineer, if that matters.

Thanks for the info.

1. Yes end ofd story
2. The mace is fine as a stopgap so are the the blue bg axes until you can line up some claymores. The attraction of the claymores is obviously the large amount of vers which at the final stages of gearing youre trying to MAX, you will still kill shit with the other weapons.
3. Im pretty sure Iron grenades have a cast time? I use Portable Bronze Mortar which has no cast time. In terms of the correct usage of bombs they are super versatile, you can absoluley use it as an additional interrupt, on lost of classes youre using them to get shit off you (like warriors!) but as a warrior without any form of snare or slow a lot of the time youd use it to stop shit getting away from you.

Last edited:
Ah, I didn't know about the mortar. That would solve a lot of problems. I wonder why so many topics and others here were advocating for Iron Grenades, then. It's got a 3-second incapacitate, instead of 2, but the cast time makes it suboptimal to use.

Thanks a lot!

Ah, I didn't know about the mortar. That would solve a lot of problems. I wonder why so many topics and others here were advocating for Iron Grenades, then. It's got a 3-second incapacitate, instead of 2, but the cast time makes it suboptimal to use.

Thanks a lot!

Theyre not uber powerful or anytthing tbh youll especially for warrior, there more valuable on non frontline classes imo. Still good to have regardless

Fury is so busted, none of this is worth worrying about.

Put crusader on any two weapons you want. Run dungeons a few times to fill your other gear slots. Go 22-0 in every BG you play until you get bored enough to switch to arms.
this is it it really is

MM, Surv, Outlaw, Arcane, Resto Shammy, Boomkin, Disc, Shadow, Mistweaver are all equal or similar power level to fury imo

1) Is Crusader still the best weapon enchant? I'm not sure if it was in 8.1, but Crusader appears to scale with your level now. As I recall, it seemed to give a flat +100 Strength proc before. Maybe the in-game tooltip is wrong, but I don't see anything in the patch notes about it. I have access to Crusader, though I also heard Elemental Force is pretty good, too.

Crusader tooltip is wrong. Test it out and look at your stat sheet.

2) Would Golden Iron Destroyer be preferable to Combatant Claymore, or at least a decent substitute? I've been looking for iLevel 33 Combatant Claymores on the AH, but haven't seen any in the past week. I do have a blacksmith who can craft Golden Iron Destroyers. I thought with the way PvP battleground level scaling worked was that your stats were purely based on your item level and enchants, though I don't have precise knowledge of how the algorithms work.

I don't know warrior weapons at 29, but BGs are no longer based on item level. Weapons have higher weapon damage at higher ilvl (speed is pretty uniform nowadays), but the stats do matter and are important.

MM, Surv, Outlaw, Arcane, Resto Shammy, Boomkin, Disc, Shadow, Mistweaver are all equal or similar power level to fury imo

Alot of those are very good but none quite as simple or as unreliant on gear as fury. (Ok, arcane is cancer but most of the idiots playing it will literally stand still, let you kick missiles and then just kinda derp around until they die)

When they finally get crusader to scale properly, fury will be less stupid. But until then it's the mongo spec of the bracket

Crusader tooltip is wrong. Test it out and look at your stat sheet.

I don't know warrior weapons at 29, but BGs are no longer based on item level. Weapons have higher weapon damage at higher ilvl (speed is pretty uniform nowadays), but the stats do matter and are important.

Golden Iron Destroyer is not good enough simply because Haste and Crusader procs are all that matters for Fury... period.

The consensus is Combatant Claymore > BG Decapitator of the Aurora/Impatient > Reforged Truesliver Champion... just do that.

Personally I would rather go BG Decapitator of the Aurora/Impatient > Reforged Truesilver Champion... I like the Combatant Claymore more for ARMS or a Retribution Paladin... where you can't juggle 3-4 Crusader procs and hitting HARD is more important than hitting FAST.

I don't agree that Fury is the mongo spec (I used to, but after playing a lot more 29s)... any even half ass skilled Boomkin/Arcane/Shadow/Resto player can do double the damage of any fury warrior in a random BG. Fury ends up with tons of actual HKs at the end of BGs because Execute is basically a "kill stealing" ability, so it does give a false sense of accomplishment. I can do 50-60k on my Ret, but I wont have 30+ HKS.. its like 10... since I don't have Execute. Also Fury is easily controlled unless they have dedicated pocket heals (but any class other than maybe Feral/Enhancement is super with pocketheals). Boomkin, Arcane, Shadow don't necessarily need them if you are smart. ***NOTE all comparisons are with actual TWINKS, not gimps in unenchanted dungeon slop gear***

Last edited:
Ah, okay. I thought stats were purely based on iLevel, which is why I thought of the Golden Iron Destroyer. I have the Heirlooms for now, but will keep an eye out for the other weapons. Thanks a lot!

I don't agree that Fury is the mongo spec (I used to, but after playing a lot more 29s)... any even half ass skilled Boomkin/Arcane/Shadow/Resto player can do double the damage of any fury warrior in a random BG. Fury ends up with tons of actual HKs at the end of BGs because Execute is basically a "kill stealing" ability, so it does give a false sense of accomplishment. I can do 50-60k on my Ret, but I wont have 30+ HKS.. its like 10... since I don't have Execute. Also Fury is easily controlled unless they have dedicated pocket heals (but any class other than maybe Feral/Enhancement is super with pocketheals). Boomkin, Arcane, Shadow don't necessarily need them if you are smart. ***NOTE all comparisons are with actual TWINKS, not gimps in unenchanted dungeon slop gear***

The only damage that matters is damage that finishes the job.

Edit: to not be entirely pithy, I do exceptionally well in 20-29s on my pure f2p fury warrior. No crusader, no pocket heals, no pummel, no leap... It really is stupid simple. Like, a shadow priest or a boomkin at least require some form or fashion of resource management. They have cooldowns to time and shit. Fury? You said it yourself... just smash that execute ability and rack up KBs. The very definition of a mongo class.

The only damage that matters is damage that finishes the job.

Edit: to not be entirely pithy, I do exceptionally well in 20-29s on my pure f2p fury warrior. No crusader, no pocket heals, no pummel, no leap... It really is stupid simple. Like, a shadow priest or a boomkin at least require some form or fashion of resource management. They have cooldowns to time and shit. Fury? You said it yourself... just smash that execute ability and rack up KBs. The very definition of a mongo class.

(Again, not saying that fury is not "mongo", saying that it's not even close to "the Mongo class"), It's very easy to gear a fury warrior, much more so than say a Boomkin, but since we are talking about actual Twinks 29 or 20... that is a mute point.

Meh, I think you are overstating rotations, having every target lit up with dual boombeams with elemental procs and firing off 1000k star bolts is just as "MONGO" as leaping around as warrior. I would even go further to say that the gap between a bad player with a geared boomkin is closer to a great player with a boomkin... than it is for a fury warrior... where if you are bad you just die *more than any ranged class*. Same with Resto or Arcane.

Tier 1 classes are all Mongo for a reason, the gap between being great and good is very small (except for maybe a Rogue actually playing for his team and not damage) The tier 2 classes have to be at least played correctly... the tier 1s not so much... overpowered can carry anybody regardless of skill (the indisputable rule since day 1 of twinking in WoW)... EXACT SAME shit that happens at end game pvp with every new patch... "*whhhha!* RET (or class X) is so easy to play... you are only Glad because *Whhhaaa!* RET (or class X) CARRIED YOU"... its endless... but, that is how the game is.

But it's all opinion I guess.

Last edited:
Oh, okay. I only saw the green version on wowhead, but not the blue version. That incidentally reminds me of another question. How do I gain Honor, in the new PvP system? I thought you just did normal PvP activities to accumulate it, but I didn't seem to be able to gain it in the 10-19 bracket. I'm guessing I'd have to be Level 70+ and fight rated battles.

Last edited:
once you gear your character, make two gear sets, each one having different weapons with crusader on them.

Put the gear sets on your action bar and weapon swap when you get crusader procs, this is the optimal way to play fury

Is there a particular reason the Versatility stat is so strongly favored for Fury Warriors in this bracket of PvP? Looking at the Fury Warriors in the Armory, it seems that most of them greatly favor versatility over other stats, except Strength. However, from what I've researched, Versatility doesn't seem to be focused upon nearly as much as other stats, in just about everywhere else in the game. I'm just wondering how far I should go out of my way to get gear with Versatility on it, as long as it has some amount of Strength on it, too.

Is there a particular reason the Versatility stat is so strongly favored for Fury Warriors in this bracket of PvP? Looking at the Fury Warriors in the Armory, it seems that most of them greatly favor versatility over other stats, except Strength. However, from what I've researched, Versatility doesn't seem to be focused upon nearly as much as other stats, in just about everywhere else in the game. I'm just wondering how far I should go out of my way to get gear with Versatility on it, as long as it has some amount of Strength on it, too.

BASIC STARTING GUIDE: Just go get all blue level gear of Haste and Versatility (from dungeons is fine).. .period... then take two heirloom truesilver champions and put crusader on them... then do that 2 more times... so you have 6 truesilver champions with crusader... then make 3 equipment swap macros for your weapons only... that way you can rotate the weapons around to have 4-5 crusader procs all the time up.

Practice the weapon swap macros until you have them down as basic muscle memory... you will top dps 90% of your battlegrounds.

Later on you can min/max your gear - enchant whatever.

Anybody that says different is retarded.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread