Friendly PSA fist of stone now can proc

tence

Legend
been waiting all xpac for this!

WoWScrnShot_022522_151041.jpg

hmmm I am in a pickle. My Vet has 1 SP weapon enchant left I was keeping for Essence Focuser I've been farming...

But I have this Stone fist and I am REALLY liking the mana regen from it, specially since I go OOM a lot in medium length fights. Would it be wise of me to use my last weap enchant on it?

hmmm I am in a pickle. My Vet has 1 SP weapon enchant left I was keeping for Essence Focuser I've been farming...

But I have this Stone fist and I am REALLY liking the mana regen from it, specially since I go OOM a lot in medium length fights. Would it be wise of me to use my last weap enchant on it?

You'd lose 10 verse and 1 int for like 1.5-3k passive regen over a bg (depending how long it is) from the wep alone. IMO it's totally worth it. In my eyes as a healer it beats out every other wep currently available to 20s.

You'd lose 10 verse and 1 int for like 1.5-3k passive regen over a bg (depending how long it is) from the wep alone. IMO it's totally worth it. In my eyes as a healer it beats out every other wep currently available to 20s.
It would keep me in the fight much longer, instead of having to HoT myself up and "Evocate" on cooldown. So I guess we could say that this would indirectly increase my healing output despite losing 1 int and 10 verse. Im leaning towards doing that. And fk it ill just beg a GM for a day sub if I regret it and happen to get Essence Focuser :ez:

**Please keep in mind this is rough, bar napkin math and an insanely small sample size on a really mediocre geared druid**

Just doing some trial runs and I'm getting either 1 or 2 procs per mana bar just spamming regrowth and keeping rejuv up.

So just sitting down and hardcasting heals till im oom is giving me anywhere from 7 - 16 extra heals at 417 per heal (not counting the hot ticks here) where'd id be getting 426 per heal with a socket ilvl25. Just one extra heal because I got a proc makes up the output lost from not using a higher int/vers weapon over 46 casts. I'm getting 7 extra heals from a proc.

So yea, if you think you're going into a fight where you're going to be spamming heals and riding the mana redline, so to speak, its absolutely your weapon of choice.

Does anyone know if the mana proc is on successful heal application (casting a HoT, finishing the cast time of a heal spell) - or does it work anytime a target is healed by you (HoT ticks)?

Follow up - does this only proc for spec tagged as "healer" - or could a Ret Pally or Enhance Shammy also use this?

Does anyone know if the mana proc is on successful heal application (casting a HoT, finishing the cast time of a heal spell) - or does it work anytime a target is healed by you (HoT ticks)?

Follow up - does this only proc for spec tagged as "healer" - or could a Ret Pally or Enhance Shammy also use this?

I can answer your first question.

While in combat, I got a proc while just standing still with HoTs up (Rejuv/Regrowth). In this instance, the HoT tick itself caused the proc.

I'd be willing to bet you can be in off-spec (dps/tank) and it would still work.

I'll state this again, only works while in combat from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Update - did a handful of arena tests last night with Protadin w/ Fist of Stone. It's hard to tell for sure but it didn't seem to be proccing on a non-healer.

Not positive, though. More testing needed - just putting this out there in case anyone knows more / happens to be interested. The only real reason to run Fist of Stone on Protadin is for niche arena purposes anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread