EU+US Fresh to 60s

McBro

Legend
Hi all

Me and my mate have decided to have a bit of fun in the 60-69 bracket with a 60 priest (me) and warrior (him). We just hit 60 yesterday, and aside from heirlooms at 85ilvl we have a bunch of questing greens.

I assume AQ40 is the place to go for best gear at this level now that all gear scales down to 60, or are there some secret places to find higher ilvl pieces?

Also, will pushing my ilvl higher really have an impact at 60 in instanced PvP?

Appreciate any response, and we look forward to seeing you out on the battlefield!

Depending on your class there's a chance not a piece of actual bis will be from a raid, unless you're a pve twink.
I don't have any caster 60s but I have a dk that your warrior friend could build off of. I don't play 60s often so hes not bis or anything but hes kind of close, I'm sure a more familiar face can help you more here.

60 DK

He's wearing his blood set right now but frost is basically just 2 of the proc weps (I think they're called wraith scythes or something like that)

However for a warrior this could be a useful armory to look at unless he's protection. Just don't put elemental force on your damn weapon lmao I don't even know why I have it on there

Mainly just stack socket gear for the most part, drops off dungeons and such and the 3 slot piece of gear is from a quest in zangarmarsh for plate its a helm but idk what piece it fills for other armour types

ilvl doesn't matter for bgs once you're above like.. ilvl70? or something along those lines. can't break bg ilvl template as a 60 as far as i know, besides possibly as a feral w/ kalu'ak fishing pole. got like ilvl 115 or so on my rogue but i don't even swap sets for bgs
for wpvp stuff, grab whatever socket items you can get (for primary stat gems) & grab engi for tinkers + some gear pieces (for 2nd prof, do lw for leg chant then drop it & grab inscription for shoulder chant). for the remaining slots, it varies by class but will be a mix of raid drops (jom gabbar, untamed blade, etc.), brd coffer drops, gnomer bracers if leather, single-stat boe greens, & normal dung drops. a good portion of these items will come down to personal preference, dependent upon the aims of your intended spec/build + gear setup

Awesome, thanks for the replies.

I think most of what we’ll be doing is instanced PvP, so knowing that there’s no ilvl breakpoint to reach is very helpful.

Still gonna run some old school raids tho, just cause we can XD

I think most of what we’ll be doing is instanced PvP, so knowing that there’s no ilvl breakpoint to reach is very helpful.

It's pretty much guaranteed to change in BfA, so if all you are doing is BG's then I wouldn't worry about gear for the current template system. I don't think you can hit a high enough ilevel to gain anything.

Only things really to note are make sure your Disc is using a Wand and an Offhand, and the Wand has a Black Magic enchant. Wand gives 6% bonus to casters and Black magic procs in BG's

For non-instanced gear forget AQ40 as being BiS in every slot, you need to get TBC Gemmed gear and fill it with gems from the PvP vendor, you will find that due to scaling some of Vanilla DG items are BiS in some slots.

You need to get Engineering to 425 for the i200 Trinket and i183 Head pieces, I suggest that it probably needs to be done before bfA hits in case they change then level break point you can get WotLK Enginnering

Both my 60's are a bit of a mess, I go through phases of re-gearing and then stopping half way through, but i'll link them anyway for reference for gemmed TBC caster gear: ( neither has all the gemmed gear )

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ghostlands/arleinaz

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/dragonblight/arleinax

They are bringing back gems in bgs so just stock up on as many as you can. As far as best helm, there is a meta helm from UGK in northrend on normal mode that 60s can now zone into and get drops. A great meta gem choice to fill this helm is the WOTLK diamond cut into the “chance on hit to increase your haste” one. Gives like 400+ haste for 4-5 seconds. This is BIS by a long shot till fixed or scaled down.
Get the 3 gem helm just Incase.

Also I didn’t see what spec you are but I’d highly recommend getting plate dungeon 0.5 two set. Example belt of valor and bracers of valor. Offers 200 armor and at 60, depending on what class you are, can give 15-20% xtra damage reduction. My 60 rogue has 2 piece shadowcraft which offers 20% reduction and my pally has 2 piece valor which offers roughly 15%. Both still very good.

Those are the 2 major recommendations that came to mind no matter your spec. If you are fury tho, which is the best spec right now, use two of the 2 handers from BRD that procs a 1k+ hit. Enchant neck, Cloak and rings with vers because I effects the damage proc items do on top of increasing your damage and decreasing your damage taken. run pure str gems. Grab yourself naglering from BRD and heart of the wyrm from last boss in LBRS. Two very good procing items to compliment your maces.

With this setup + helm I mentioned, a haste potion and drums, you should shred. And be able to survive that much easier from two piece dungeon gear.

Honestly some ppl will frown upon me for this but if you want ipvp twinks id say go 69.
I have both a 69 and a 60 and the 69 ridiculously out performs anything my 60 can do in bgs, but can't really be a raiding twink ofc so there's a trade off there

Honestly some ppl will frown upon me for this but if you want ipvp twinks id say go 69.
I have both a 69 and a 60 and the 69 ridiculously out performs anything my 60 can do in bgs, but can't really be a raiding twink ofc so there's a trade off there

That might be the case now, but come BfA scaling on a well geared 60 could well outperform a 69, you can always level to 69 if that's not the case, but you are f***ed if you level to 69 only to find that a 60 scales way better.

They are bringing back gems in bgs so just stock up on as many as you can. As far as best helm, there is a meta helm from UGK in northrend on normal mode that 60s can now zone into and get drops. A great meta gem choice to fill this helm is the WOTLK diamond cut into the “chance on hit to increase your haste” one. Gives like 400+ haste for 4-5 seconds. This is BIS by a long shot till fixed or scaled down.
Get the 3 gem helm just Incase.

Also I didn’t see what spec you are but I’d highly recommend getting plate dungeon 0.5 two set. Example belt of valor and bracers of valor. Offers 200 armor and at 60, depending on what class you are, can give 15-20% xtra damage reduction. My 60 rogue has 2 piece shadowcraft which offers 20% reduction and my pally has 2 piece valor which offers roughly 15%. Both still very good.

Those are the 2 major recommendations that came to mind no matter your spec. If you are fury tho, which is the best spec right now, use two of the 2 handers from BRD that procs a 1k+ hit. Enchant neck, Cloak and rings with vers because I effects the damage proc items do on top of increasing your damage and decreasing your damage taken. run pure str gems. Grab yourself naglering from BRD and heart of the wyrm from last boss in LBRS. Two very good procing items to compliment your maces.

With this setup + helm I mentioned, a haste potion and drums, you should shred. And be able to survive that much easier from two piece dungeon gear.

probably not worth it due to DR but cool that Lightforge+Valor set bonuses stack for +400 armor , 49% DR w/o shield, 54% w/.

Thanks to people helping out in this thread, a great resource while i'm trying to resurrect my 60 pally.

Question: Are the Zandalar enchants still good or do others scale better?

Last edited:
probably not worth it due to DR but cool that Lightforge+Valor set bonuses stack for +400 armor , 49% DR w/o shield, 54% w/.

Thanks to people helping out in this thread, a great resource while i'm trying to resurrect my 60 pally.

Question: Are the Zandalar enchants still good or do others scale better?

Indeed they do stack however only 3 pieces of these sets are available. Belt, bracers and gloves. If you saved the other pieces you could get 2 even 4 different 2 sets.

According to wowhead on the *beta* side, the 200 armor buff is no longer implemented. I'm assuming that means there's no point in getting the pieces unless your intention is to enjoy the set bonus while it lasts. I don't have screenshots atm but it's a quick search if anyone would like to verify.

According to wowhead on the *beta* side, the 200 armor buff is no longer implemented. I'm assuming that means there's no point in getting the pieces unless your intention is to enjoy the set bonus while it lasts. I don't have screenshots atm but it's a quick search if anyone would like to verify.

This is exactly why I haven't purchased any of the 2 sets.

Wow really? I thought there wouldn't be much of a difference besides some classes getting 1 more ability. No new talents and I didn't think you could get average ilevel high enough over the cutoff to matter.

Wow really? I thought there wouldn't be much of a difference besides some classes getting 1 more ability. No new talents and I didn't think you could get average ilevel high enough over the cutoff to matter.
Yeah once you get that il gear
My mage is a monster

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread