Forum Changes - FFA Section, Upcoming Events Section, And Division Of F2P's And Vet

Broken

Legend
Hello everyone.

I'm sure a lot of you guys have already noticed the changes in the forums.

NEW FFA SUB-SECTIONS:
These are new "free for all" sections meant to act as a sort of compromise for the members that were dissatisfied with the upcoming changes (especially to the CoC). These sections have two main purposes:
  1. A place for non-twink-related community "banter" threads - Take the recent Bodybuilding Thread in the 19's section as an example of community banter. Some people dislike those threads because they aren't actually twinking-related and push useful information out of the way. Others enjoy it and feel like its what makes the community what it is. This sub-section acts as a place that community members can use for themselves to have fun and joke around, whereas the primary bracket forum remains dedicated to actual twinking. If you're not a fan of these banter threads, then you simply have to not click on the sub-section.
  2. A place with the same current leniency, after the new CoC is implemented - Right now, you won't feel much difference in the moderation between the main forum and FFA sub-section. However, in a few days the new Twink Charter will be finalized and implemented. This may result in overall stricter moderation on the website. We don't plan on over-moderating but it won't be as lenient as it has been the past few weeks. In that case, the FFA sub-section will remain as a place with more leniency and permissiveness than the other areas of the forums. We'd preferably like everyone to be nice but that may be difficult, nor do we want to ban people. The FFA sections will act as a sort of outlet for people that don't enjoy strictness, without having to worry as much about moderation. Stuff like graphic content and spam will still not be allowed. There will be a limit to the level of disrespectful behaviour allowed but it'll be hard to draw an exact line. However, in areas outside the FFA sections, people will be required to follow the CoC.

UPCOMING EVENTS SUB-FORUM:

I'm personally excited about this the most. Basically, this sub-forum is for posting about events you're organising. We're hoping there'll be more cross-bracket participation with a separate platform for events that anyone can easily access.

At this time, members have the ability to post their own event threads. We're leaving it up to you to decide whether you want to post in this new sub-forum, the bracket's primary forum or both.

In case of large-scale events that require multiple threads (like the NWL), we'll be willing to create a sub-section as well.

DIVISION OF F2P AND VETERAN SECTIONS:
Pretty straightforward, I guess. Both groups now have their own separate sub-forums.

The staff and I will try to move threads to their appropriate section if we come across any but it's still impossible to move all of them. Please PM us or report any threads you feel should be moved.

Re: Forum Changes - FFA Section, Upcoming Events Section, And Division Of F2P's And V

Add a guild recruitment sub forum for veterans. Consider the amount of veteran guilds..

Re: Forum Changes - FFA Section, Upcoming Events Section, And Division Of F2P's And V

No, Myrm still plans on moving to Xenforo. But progress on the fundraiser has kinda slowed down. Only at 17%. ):
I made a post on accountability issues with this fundraiser to which Myrm never replied. Perhaps others have reservations and are waiting to hear assurances from him.

I also made a suggestion about a "Premium Supporter" ability in Xenforo to create private, invite-only subforums. With that benefit, perhaps you will find private server enthusiasts, twink traders, and raucuos personalities will jump at the chance to conduct themselves on TI without repercussions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread