US For Those Attending The Alliance Ulduar Raid

Tom Ganks

If you're new to hearing of this run and interested in joining our specific group, I'm sorry to say that it's unlikely you will secure a spot in the raid as we have filled up our attendees and will resort to people in our in-game community for replacements.

Make sure you have a reasonable amount of gear with gem sockets and enchants. Below is an example of my own character.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/lothar/Tomganks

It doesn't have to be to the extent of my toon that I'm linking to you, but use what you can get before the raid at 8:00 pm CST. It isn't required, but HEAVILY recommended. Adding this type of gear to your character ensures a significant boost in dps/healing/durability. If we get a good amount of people who are geared up, we can probably increase ease of boss fights by a third or more (excluding mechanics). The extra firepower might make the difference between a kill and a wipe.

The way the gearing works is that all gear is scaled down to the ilvl of 100 for WotLK timewalking. This means that gear that was originally near that ilvl with many more gem sockets and enchant-ability will prove more useful than most endgame items that lack such benefits when scaled down. Legion Legendaries, as well as other legendaries around/above the ilvl 100 mark are typically of high benefit. The few exceptions are azerite slots for helmet, shoulders and chest (they provide too good of procs to pass up). The neck can possibly be replaced for a neck with gem socket and enchants like "mark of the hidden satyr" if it makes up for the secondary stat loss.

If you have MoP legendary cloak, it's possible that the legendary meta gem (link) you can purchase from vendor can make a gem socket helm worth using over azerite helm.

Siege of Orgimmar, Firelands, Dragon Soul, and ICC are great and easy raids to complete and obtain lots of gemslot gear. Dragon Soul may be a little challenging because of Spine of deathwing, but here's a guide on how to beat it. Dragonsoul provides some good trinkets, as well as a great 2h sword (Gurthalak, voice of the deeps) that can deal lots of dmg with its proc.

Gems and enchants can be sometimes pricey or rare on the AH, but it can save you a LOT by buying the materials for them and getting a profession user to make them for you (if you can't yourself). Some gems are bought through the pvp vendor in Stormwind in Old Town. Some materials for other gems are easily farmed by entering Sunwell Plateau and clearing trash up until first boss and leave and reset. Black temple works as a great source too. You don't have to over-do it on BiS gems and enchants, some enchants and gems may be a tad bit less powerful, but worth the cost savings and still provide significant benefit.

Here is a TLDR guide for Ulduar timewalking so you can prep before the raid and know what to expect.

Here's a full raid recording if you decide to study it further.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread