PTR For 70s - how to pick your new BiS in advance

villiansv

Veteran
Hi guys. From chatting to various twinks, both existing and upcoming, I've realised there are plenty of people who don't actually know how to use wowhead.com to its fullest potential. Hence this thread.

In case you don't know, with patch 8.1.5 any rare or better item that scales to your level when dropped will get an ilvl bump. The bump is bigger for epic items (read - ToC, HoR, FoS, PoS normal and TBC heroic drops), but blue quest rewards should also be affected.

In simple terms, this means that all the above dungeons I listed now drop ilvl 91 gear for 70s, with MgT dropping ilvl 92/93. This is in line with SWP gear, and in a number of cases the dungeon gear is better itemised than the raid gear (especially mail gear :) ).

Using 2 (or in some cases 4) pieces of the dungeon set is now a good choice for some 70s.

So how do you check the stats of the items post ilvl bump? You click on the 79 guide in my sig, pick an item from the google sheets linked there (that's pretty much the list of BiS dungeon gear), and do what I do in the below example video:

Then you compare with your existing raid gear and make your decision.

Happy twinking and good luck with the drops!

Reactions: Tci

Users who are viewing this thread