EU+US Foamspittle Staff

Toshio

Veteran
Hi! I'm new on this F2P forum and I'm glad to be here! 3 days ago, I started a new character, a MW Monk. It's a Panda. I don't know if I made a good choice with the race, but Panda is the best for Monk, at least for lore. I'm playing on Argent Dawn. :D

This is what I've done until now: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/argent-dawn/toshio
I know, is not much, is not even good, but it's a started. Right now, I'm trying to get Gloves of the Fang, but is very hard. Also, I'm farming for Foamspittle Staff, but I only got on green. BTW, how hard is it to get on rare/blue? I wanted at least on rare/blue.

For the stats, I'm focusing on INT > VERSATILITY > HASTE > CRITICAL STRIKE. Is that ok?

Any advice will be welcome! Thanks and have a nice day!

Nice to see new players still coming into the bracket, welcome!

Hi! I'm new on this F2P forum and I'm glad to be here! 3 days ago, I started a new character, a MW Monk. It's a Panda. I don't know if I made a good choice with the race, but Panda is the best for Monk, at least for lore. I'm playing on Argent Dawn. :D
Stun is always a solid choice, racials aren't as mandatory as they used to be, so today you can kind of just pick whatever you want. Allied races normally have the best racials, so as pure f2p you are free to choose your favs for the most part.

I'd recommend just farming foamspittle staff inbetween bg queues, don't stress yourself too much, it can be a bitch of a grind. I would worry more about getting your pair of Fang gloves.

Welcome to f2p!

how hard is it to get on rare/blue? I wanted at least on rare/blue.
For the stats, I'm focusing on INT > VERSATILITY > HASTE > CRITICAL STRIKE. Is that ok?

I've farmed 5 of them and will potentially farm 5 more, there are no tricks, it just comes down to dumb RNG. Put on some good tunes, netflix or a podcast and you'll end up with one eventually.

Stats for mistweaver, personally I choose crit over haste since most of the time I'll be channeling to make EM or Vivify instant casts.

welcome to the bracket.

Stats for mistweaver, personally I choose crit over haste since most of the time I'll be channeling to make EM or Vivify instant casts.
Yeah, I think quickblade is the way to go for MW, I've never seen a MW monk run full aurora due to the instacasts that Soothing Mist provides. Since casts are mostly instant you don't need much haste, you want those instants to crit big.

Chasing down a MW and then seeing half my health disappear to a crit kick is one of the things that makes MW scary. Get them crits.
Oh yeah, we forgot to mention their huge fucking burst I suppose. @OP MW has some of the most burst out of any spec in the bracket, even without enchants.

The subject of a Panda Mistweaver Monk grinding for a Foamspittle Staff is stirring up old emotions... :confused:

Best of luck, friend!

Any advice will be welcome! Thanks and have a nice day!
As mw you want to prioritize haste over vers to reduce gcd. This is important because it helps u get EMs on different targets faster. Crit is pretty useless for mw because the healing is strong enough w/out them.

Last edited:
Panda I think is the best choice because food buff, bouncy, and stun.
Use Zen Pilgrimage, get the food from vendor, it's BiS.
Gearing wise go Fang Set>Stamina>Vers>Crit>Haste. You can only reduce GCD so much, crit is going to be more useful.
Epic Foam is BiS, keep at it!
You’ve obviously never wargamed before. Crit is literally useless in real games

Yearly reminder that haste is really good for MW healing. Ignoring it is a DPS decision, not a healing one.

"Haste is bad because MW just casts instants" is a pretty uninformed/inaccurate picture of how their healing actually works.
And you won’t be dpsing as mw in real games. You will be a healing totem in the back line

"Haste is bad because MW just casts instants" is a pretty uninformed/inaccurate picture of how their healing actually works.

Alright I'll bite. A fractional tick of a Soothing Mist channel HoT isn't that exciting. I think we all agree getting Enveloping Mist on the target is the most important heal. More haste gets it applied to the team faster but it's GCD right now. Crit may be 150% in BGs but it can still put out some big numbers. It's not as devalued as people make it out to be.

Alright I'll bite. A fractional tick of a Soothing Mist channel HoT isn't that exciting. I think we all agree getting Enveloping Mist on the target is the most important heal. More haste gets it applied to the team faster but it's GCD right now. Crit may be 150% in BGs but it can still put out some big numbers. It's not as devalued as people make it out to be.
The big numbers don’t even matter tho because mw healing is fine without the crits. Your target is basically fine once u get the EM off on them. What I’m trying to say is that crits are unnecessary.

MW absolutely pumps single target heals. People don't die if you're healing them, they die if you don't have time to swap your heavy heals to them.

Soothing+Enveloping on someone takes 2.5 seconds. You get a 1s GCD for Soothing (reduced by haste, even though it's 1 second), then a 1.5s GCD for the Enveloping cast. The Enveloping is "instant" but it still delays your next heal by 1.5 seconds. Adding a Vivify makes that 4 seconds. (either Soothing > Env > Viv or Soothing > Viv > Env being the best way to heal someone taking heavy damage, since you don't get a healing bonus from Enveloping at this level).

If you need to deal with target swaps, you need to get that set off and then swap it to someone else. Soothing+Env on two people takes 5 seconds. 15% haste (a pretty reasonable amount in a balanced aurora set) brings that from 5 seconds to 4.3 seconds. This keeps compounding the more you have to heal. Keeping people alive is often a matter of getting your full combo off and moving on to the next person.

People dismiss haste by looking at the time on one heal, but it adds up in situations where you actually need healing. You see "how often does getting a heal in .2 seconds faster matter", but it's the 10th heal in a row where it really shines.

You also shouldn't channel soothing for all your heals. Hardcasting vivify is a useful tool, and it should be your go-to for medium healing situations with a couple people taking damage.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread