Flightpoints Outland changes

Tinkerton

Legend
For a time, it used to be that the moment a character appeared from the Dark Portal, he'd start with the Flight Points to (as Alliance) Honor Hold and Shattrath.

This has changed, you'll have to pick up the Flight Points starting with the one on the stairs as you start with no FP's. In practical terms this means you'll have to corpse hop across the Path of Glory, after that it's pretty straightforward as Outland's roads are pretty wide. I rode from Honor Hold to Cenarion in Zangarmrash and then Shattrath, no deaths (mage). The portals to SW/Og in Shattrath (back by dope demand) work for low level toons.

For a time, it used to be that the moment a character appeared from the Dark Portal, he'd start with the Flight Points to (as Alliance) Honor Hold and Shattrath.

This has changed, you'll have to pick up the Flight Points starting with the one on the stairs as you start with no FP's. In practical terms this means you'll have to corpse hop across the Path of Glory, after that it's pretty straightforward as Outland's roads are pretty wide. I rode from Honor Hold to Cenarion in Zangarmrash and then Shattrath, no deaths (mage). The portals to SW/Og in Shattrath (back by dope demand) work for low level toons.

Hmm, that is interesting. I've been playing since the release of vanilla, and I never remember those flight points being automatic. I played through all of BC and the start of LK, then took a break. That (adding the FPs automatically) must have been a change that they added for a time in the middle of LK and then removed again before F2P was implemented.

Hmm, that is interesting. I've been playing since the release of vanilla, and I never remember those flight points being automatic. I played through all of BC and the start of LK, then took a break. That (adding the FPs automatically) must have been a change that they added for a time in the middle of LK and then removed again before F2P was implemented.

Same here - I started a couple months after BC was released - never remember getting a free FP in Outland

you automatically receive the flight points appropriate to your level, so at 58 you still get hellfire and shat fp's.

at 85 you have every fp even zones you have never been too, pretty sure it was added with the release of cata

you automatically receive the flight points appropriate to your level, so at 58 you still get hellfire and shat fp's.

at 85 you have every fp even zones you have never been too, pretty sure it was added with the release of cata

CASUALCLYSM

In BC when you where lvl 58 you got a quest where you needed to take a flight from the dark portal to honor hold. Recently blizzard added that fps automatically where added on youre fp options appropriate to your level.

Also you couldnt enter the dark portal if you where a lower level then lvl 58..

and btw you can avoid the path of glory by going to the sides of hellfire peninsula, almost no npcs there. and how the hell did you get past the ravagers between HP and zangar? theres no way a lvl 20 can get past there without dieing
<

double post sorry
<

and how the hell did you get past the ravagers between HP and zangar? theres no way a lvl 20 can get past there without dieing
<

Seriously. Both ways out of Hellfire (either to Zangar or Terrokar) are loaded with Ravagers. I couldn't make it past with my paladin and HoP, so I'm curious how a mage did it. Would love to know the secret for my mage/priest!

In BC when you where lvl 58 you got a quest where you needed to take a flight from the dark portal to honor hold. Recently blizzard added that fps automatically where added on youre fp options appropriate to your level.

Also you couldnt enter the dark portal if you where a lower level then lvl 58..

and btw you can avoid the path of glory by going to the sides of hellfire peninsula, almost no npcs there. and how the hell did you get past the ravagers between HP and zangar? theres no way a lvl 20 can get past there without dieing
<

double post sorry
<

THIS. In BC you weren't given the FPs, but you basically were being that there was a quest that flew you to Thrallmar or Honor Hold and then since you flew from the portal you then had that flight point. Since we are 20, that quest is obviously unavailable to us

Seriously. Both ways out of Hellfire (either to Zangar or Terrokar) are loaded with Ravagers. I couldn't make it past with my paladin and HoP, so I'm curious how a mage did it. Would love to know the secret for my mage/priest!

Did it as rdruid without dying omw to zangar. Involved clever backstrafing mixed with a tad of rejuv swiftmend powershifting <3.

Priest bubble makes you unable to be dazed. I imagine a pally could make it with backstrafing, then bop if dazed, into more backstrafing and a LoH if forbearance wears off

Flightpoints:

I know about the Quests but that's not what I'm talking about.

Post-Shattering & Cataclysm, a friend got a lift from a 60 twinking buddy of mine to the Dark Portal from the new Worgen settlement in the Blasted Lands (prime Fishing grounds, and swimmable from Booty Bay), in order to improve Fishing & Cooking. He noticed it when he appeared from the portal on his own, and he told me he was relieved he didn't have to hop that part (ghostwalking at the time didn't work the way we knew it to work anymore ie walk to the Spirit Healer you want to rez at, log out, log in, hard rez).

And his toon in question was a cute level 10 Gnomee: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/terokkar/Gibbets/simple

Not dying to Ravagers:

I followed the road from that Draenei temple (the other path is too cramped), generally stayed in the middle, was mounted and stayed mounted despite being hit (lucky, I know), and kept maximum distance from visible mobs and chose the singular ones to avoid the packs (of ravagers). A single Ravager hits for about 375, meaning that the max two-three bites they make before bugging off (if you kept maxxed distance to them) didn't kill me in my FC set. The Cenarion guards don't like Ravagers (and those bugs, either) so once your in sight of them you can push on, they'll kil them.

And I'm used to this kind of stuff (Northrend is - or at least was - even easier during WotLK).

Those wanting blood:

Unlike pre-Shattering Blasted Lands, the road from Nethergarde to Dark Portal isn't recommended, the Orc scouts deal high ranged damage (which btw is why an Ally must avoid that Belf mage on the road from Zang to Hellfire) meaning a bunch of Gnome corpses littered the place. Easier is to ride from Sorrows past Dunemaul to the Dark Portal, only five deaths (with 4 due to the demons near the portal; luckily there's a GY nearby, dying at Nethergarde results in the GY near Dunemaul).

One death past HH due to not LOSing the poisonous spittle of one Ravager on Gnome Priest. Sorry, I really don't see the lethality of following my route, but now that Horde is 50%+ Hunters and Rogues I'll try it on a non-Clothie.

Users who are viewing this thread