US First Video Fury Warrior :)

Speed pots on deck!

Speed pots on deck!
Yeah baby, when you have no pocket healer and the market is flooded with 1buttonmages and moonspamdruid whats a warrior going to do? "I want to go fast"-Rocky Bobby

make it your last
Ok, sure... <-- Hater shades already on, see profile pic.

@4:20 it got good, by no coincidence.

More footage/bass drops like and 10/10
Ya I like keep it mellow. 4:20blazeit

If you decide to make another video:

More Warsong (that isn't just you rolling over people with no gear).
Less (no) speedpots.
Glad to see someone creating some content.

nice vid mate. i have never made one nor do i have the slightest skill in editing but its cool to have people in this community making new content anyway.

If you decide to make another video:

More Warsong (that isn't just you rolling over people with no gear).
Less (no) speedpots.
Glad to see someone creating some content.
Thanks for the advice! More to come, I'd prefer to only have footage of twink on twink for my next one but it's hard to get anything that not some form of noobstomping in a bg. :p

nice vid mate. i have never made one nor do i have the slightest skill in editing but its cool to have people in this community making new content anyway.
Yeah I see why people don't make them as frequently, its a lot of work capturing and editing. I'm hoping this one either excited people to play warrior or gets them to publish some footage at 19.

Movespeed

I talk about movespeed throughout the guide, but I'd like to dedicate a separate section to it as well. Its not something that you can really figure out from tooltips, so theres a lot of people who don't understand and have sub-optimal enchant setups. If you want to see more details about your movespeed and other stats, grab the dejacharstats addon.

If you don't care about the details, the TL;DR is that Minor Speed is awesome and stacks with everything. If you use a hybrid enchant over minor speed, then don't use the Gift cloak enchant or Cunning Hunter Pet. Druids/shamans should really consider

So lets go over a few common movespeed modifiers. There are a bunch of others, including worgen speed boost, the BG speed boost, warrior war machine, etc. However we're mostly comparing passive speed boosts.
  • Minor Speed (10%, despite the tooltip)
  • Hybrid Boot Enchant (10%)
  • Gift Cloak Enchant (2%)
  • NE Racial Bonus (2%)
  • Hunter Cunning Pet (8%)
  • Druid Cat Form (30%)
  • Druid Travel Form (40%)
  • Shaman Ghost Wolf (30%)

So the most important thing to remember when it comes to movespeed, is that certain things do NOT stack. I'm not 100% sure why this is, but enchants specifically stack in weird ways. Minor Speed stacks with everything. Hybrid boot enchants do NOT stack with the cloak enchant. Shapeshift forms don't stack with the hybrid boot enchants, but do work with cloak enchants. Its somewhat confusing to try and describe the way these all relate, so I'm going to list various combinations and show the actual speeds. I don't know a lot of the NE interactions with travel forms - feel free to chime in if you know them.

Base movespeed = 100%
NE = 100 + 2 = 102%
Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 2 = 102%
NE with Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 2 + 2 = 104%
Cunning Pet = 100 + 8 = 108%
Gift Cloak Enchant and Cunning Pet = 100 + 2 + 8 = 110%
NE with Cunning Pet = 100 + 2 + 8 = 110%
Minor Speed = 100 + 10 = 110%
Hybrid Boot Enchant = 100 + 10 = 110%
NE with Hybrid Boot Enchant = 100 + 10 = 110%
Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 = 110%
NE with Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 = 110%
Cunning Pet and Hybrid Boot Enchant = 110%
Cunning Pet and Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 110%
NE with Cunning Pet and Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 110%
Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 + 2 = 112%
NE with Minor Speed = 100 + 10 + 2 = 112%
NE with Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 + 2 + 2 = 114%
Cunning Pet and Minor Speed = 100 + 10 + 8 = 118%
NE with Cunning Pet and Minor Speed = 100 + 10 + 8 + 2 = 120%
Cunning Pet and Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 + 8 + 2 = 120%
NE with Cunning Pet and Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 + 8 + 2 + 2 = 122%
Cat/Ghost Wolf = 100 + 30 = 130%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Hybrid Boot Enchant = 130%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Gift Cloak Enchant = 132%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 132%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Minor Speed = 140%
Travel Form = 140%
Travel Form with Hybrid Boot Enchant = 140%
Cat/Ghost Wolf with Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 142%
Travel Form with Gift Cloak Enchant = 142%
Travel Form with Hybrid Boot Enchant and Gift Cloak Enchant = 142%
Travel Form with Minor Speed = 150%
Travel Form with Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 152%

From this list you can see that the Hybrid Boot Enchant doesn't work well with a lot of things. You'll need to determine for yourself how much you want to reach a certain speed, but here are some recommendations.
  • If you have a Hybrid Boot Enchant, don't use the Gift Cloak Enchant, as it'll be 10% either way. This lets you get better cloak enchants like Shadow Armor.
  • If you have Minor Speed, go with the Gift Cloak Enchant to get 112% speed. If you don't use Gift to Cloak and don't have any other movespeed bonuses, then consider switching to a hybrid enchant.
  • Night Elves can be at 112% with just Minor Speed, allowing them to be comparable to most classes and choose a different cloak enchant. Or they can also get Gift to be slightly faster at 114%.
  • If you are a hunter, you'll probably want a set of boots with Minor Speed, a cloak with Gift, and a Cunning Pet for traveling between places at 120%. When you get to your destination, you can switch to a Hybrid Boot Enchant, another cloak enchant (shadow armor), and another pet (GFd mortal wounds carrion bird or Ferocity/Tenacity/Lone Wolf) and stay at 110% with some extra agility and a different pet buff.
  • Druids and Shamans should heavily consider Minor Speed, as it is the only thing to provide +10% movespeed in forms. A Hybrid boot enchant will mean 110% in caster, but no additional boost to cat/ghost wolf (130%) or travel form (140%). A Gift enchant to cloak will add 2% to the faster forms regardless.
  • When holding the flag with stats, no movespeed bonuses apply, so movespeed is capped at 100%. Consider having a set of boots with stam, a cloak with stam/armor/dodge, and a Tenacity Pet if you find yourself holding the flag with stacks.

The cloak and boot enchant doesnt stack.

"Minor Speed and Gift Cloak Enchant = 100 + 10 + 2 = 112% "
Unless this is wrong for some reason it should be giving an extra 2%

Okay, and? Half of the people who queue are non-twinks. Maybe you should post on blizzard forms so xpoffs can’t queue with levelers... am I not supposed to kill them if they have under 1000 hp? Lol. The objectives were met in all of the clips, we went 3-0. Not sure the point your trying to make.
Not at all. I just feel like the content on the video was partially limited to that.

This is just my personal taste. I enjoy watching videos that are directly involving an objective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread