fire mage max crit

I logged my character to check if i could find some upgrades for you. Hope this helps

https://www.wowhead.com/item=1156/lavishly-jeweled-ring

eb974897ac06c1a0e2998452939126e2.png
b9da72d757ebf5c081728f2d96d6d43d.png
6b75d9fc8b53f57ccecbb2d29c0e59b8.png
4cd31113b571d61b8af6567a96325aa3.png

Last edited:
I dont think I've ever looted crate gear w that name

Pure stat secondaries aren't exactly easy to come by.

This is a green, the blue would have 1 more crit.
DQSKq1A.png

Here is a weapon with pure vers (Adaptable).
h3kdxxW.png

Both screens taken from 19's. There is gear for every pure secondary.

Crit: of the Decimator
Haste: of the Impatient
Mastery: of the Savant
Versatility: of the Adaptable
Multistrike: of the Relentless

I have yet to see mastery and multistrike drop off BG crates at any relevant level. By relevant level, I mean at a level where the characters would benefit from the stats. I mainly play lower brackets, pre mastery & multistrike, and I've seen all of the other pure stat variants from those brackets.

So I have 2 theories of that (and I can't confirm either of them). One is that mastery secondaries won't start dropping until you reach the level where they become relevant, i.e. 70-79 (mastery activates at 78 I believe). The other is that they can't drop off BG crates period.

Either way, "Decimator" is obtainable, and is a pure crit stat. GL farming that. A new expansion will be released before you even get the pieces you need xd.

DQSKq1A.png

h3kdxxW.png

I have yet to see mastery and multistrike drop off BG crates at any relevant level. By relevant level, I mean at a level where the characters would benefit from the stats. I mainly play lower brackets, pre mastery & multistrike, and I've seen all of the other pure stat variants from those brackets.

So I have 2 theories of that (and I can't confirm either of them). One is that mastery secondaries won't start dropping until you reach the level where they become relevant, i.e. 70-79 (mastery activates at 78 I believe), or they can't drop off BG crates period.

Either way, "Decimator" is obtainable, and is a pure crit stat. GL farming that. A new expansion will be released before you even get the pieces you need xd.

Still dont have a bg shield lol

Do you mean a green lens w/ more crit? Or are there other goggles that give more. And what offhand enchant? I couldn't find one on AH that gives crit
[doublepost=1541956996,1541956791][/doublepost]
I dont think I've ever looted crate gear w that name
mb meant green lens with pure crit

is that possible? ive only seen aurora, quickblade, fireflash

No, its not possible. Only BG crate gear can have the single stat suffixes. Goggles and all greens are limited to quickblade/aurora/fireflash.

It might be possible to find one of those that shades more towards crit and less towards the other secondary, but I don't know the possible combinations off the top of my head.

No, its not possible. Only BG crate gear can have the single stat suffixes. Goggles and all greens are limited to quickblade/aurora/fireflash.

It might be possible to find one of those that shades more towards crit and less towards the other secondary, but I don't know the possible combinations off the top of my head.
11 and 6, 10 and 8, 9 and 9

Update: reached 50% crit. Is that the max possible? Tried drinking elixir of minor accuracy (+6 crit rating) and it didn't go up past 50%

fire mage is only viable if you coordinate fireball + blast on 90%+ hp targets with talent into instant pyro connected with a boomkins starsurge to global any target even 1.7k hp twinks, so it's passive crit chance is irrelevant and stacking int is the way to go.

seems like a waste of time

fire mage is only viable if you coordinate fireball + blast on 90%+ hp targets with talent into instant pyro connected with a boomkins starsurge to global any target even 1.7k hp twinks, so it's passive crit chance is irrelevant and stacking int is the way to go.

seems like a waste of time
OK nerd put down the calculator. Why do I always see you telling people that how they want to play is a waste of time? Obviously I know that fire mage is bad. This is just a fun experiment to see how much crit I can get :). That is a cool strat with the druid tho thx.

Last edited:

DQSKq1A.png

h3kdxxW.png

So I have 2 theories of that (and I can't confirm either of them). One is that mastery secondaries won't start dropping until you reach the level where they become relevant, i.e. 70-79 (mastery activates at 78 I believe). The other is that they can't drop off BG crates period.

Wasnt Multistrike removed after wod?

idk, i think ilid had a point if not conveyed kindly about how to build fire. I tend to agree that the most of ur burst comes from that initial salvo polly>pyro>autocrit spell>insta pyro and those are all garenteed crits anyway right?

at least in a competitive sense maximizing that move combo makes the most sense. I can see a casual crit stack set being fun tho too.

Users who are viewing this thread