Feral Twink worth it?

while my answer is not classic wow, imo not much drastic changed until CATA

me and two friends built 3 cat focused ferals in BC for 39 bracket, we had strength sets, agility sets, and cloth/leather intellect/SP sets. druids no matter how we talented them, it was rough in BGs at that bracket. the largest nemesis was aff locks at 39, 2 dots they could drop us, going to our healing sets, was no help. stealth not on par with rogues easy see and pop out of stealth, heals were still weak, few shifts, and OOMing was a constant issue

we ended up doing what you are seeing, res/feral bear. when we went bear we used what would be cat agility gear, for more armor and dodge to increase survival in situations. res druid is not viable to be a melee like you see in retail BFA. feral druids were not as homogenized as they are now from CATA to BFA even after the squishes, heals not near as strong. no bottomless free shifts, list goes on.

Consensus seems to be that they are a worse rogue. More lacking in terms of damage, utility, stealthiness. The one unique thing would be that you could likely keep up with the enemy fc.

Consensus seems to be that they are a worse rogue. More lacking in terms of damage, utility, stealthiness. The one unique thing would be that you could likely keep up with the enemy fc.

Can keep up with the FC but do little to hurt them. Honestly feral isn’t particularly viable at any bracket. You give up so much utility and usefulness for a mediocre damage increase.

You somewhat counter mages and hunters as a feral, but that's about it. They easily die 1 vs 2+ , lack defensives - you won't find yourself overpowered.

Wouldn't say it's worth spending time and gold on making a 39 feral just for the sake of pissing off mages and hunters by being unkitable

They are bad indeed (VERY). But.. i'm still having my fun with them tbh.

Squishy as fk tho, annoying.

big disagree, they're actually fairly decent but take some practice. They apply good pressure while being unpeelable, and you can also sit in bear form soak up big damage while also dishing it out. Yes, they lack some of the control of rogues, but you have to think about the benefits that feral has over rogue.
-movement speed
-hibernate, basically a sap against druids, shamans, and hunter pets that rogues cannot sap
-bear form
-charge

the trick to feral is to really be smart about your mana usage because you have very little, and also to generally not try to run away and "survive" like you would on a boomy. Imo feral is made to fight to the death.

for reference, my feral gear is totally bis and i use lots of potions/consumables. if you aren't willing to go the extra mile, it might not be worth it

Man, i’m not a feral master but u cant stand toe to toe with all. Warriors tear you apart, rogues should not lose to you.

But, you can destroy mages and hunters and even paladins?

Also, yeah, mana management is a bitch, 3 shapeshifts and im oom in bis dps gear so...

Maybe go deeper and open my eyes, i wanna see the feral being so viable as you put it, i just cant atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, i’m not a feral master but u cant stand toe to toe with all. Warriors tear you apart, rogues should not lose to you.

But, you can destroy mages and hunters and even paladins?

Also, yeah, mana management is a bitch, 3 shapeshifts and im oom in bis dps gear so...

Maybe go deeper and open my eyes, i wanna see the feral being so viable as you put it, i just cant atm.

So, feral is fine against warriors, you just have to root and kite and keep your health up because they dish out serious damage quick.

Against rogue, you have faerie fire, you have abolish poison, and you have bleeds. Their damage can totally match yours so you need to be careful and root/keep your health up.

Against both of these bear form will be heavily used to great effect.

the main counter to feral is warlock imo, same as with balance. also shamans are tricky. there's some pretty good ferals active in the bracket. its 100% a viable choice

edit: also I should mention bash+entagling roots is a great way to control rogues/warrs

big disagree, they're actually fairly decent but take some practice. They apply good pressure while being unpeelable, and you can also sit in bear form soak up big damage while also dishing it out. Yes, they lack some of the control of rogues, but you have to think about the benefits that feral has over rogue.
-movement speed
-hibernate, basically a sap against druids, shamans, and hunter pets that rogues cannot sap
-bear form
-charge

the trick to feral is to really be smart about your mana usage because you have very little, and also to generally not try to run away and "survive" like you would on a boomy. Imo feral is made to fight to the death.

for reference, my feral gear is totally bis and i use lots of potions/consumables. if you aren't willing to go the extra mile, it might not be worth it

What gear ?

Also were talking about 59 twinks...

My buddies warrior destroys druids, even in bear form its just not fair.
I would like to see your gear list as I am a big druid player in TBC but in classic man they're just not good vs anything but mages and huntards. Luckily hunters are absolute trash the way they gave us classic so they have a leg up there.

Think its a 39 thread. I played a feral back in the day and it was very underwhelming compared to my other 5 twinks. Def the weakest. Obv druid are the best FCs tho so i guess it balances

What gear ?

Also were talking about 59 twinks...

My buddies warrior destroys druids, even in bear form its just not fair.
I would like to see your gear list as I am a big druid player in TBC but in classic man they're just not good vs anything but mages and huntards. Luckily hunters are absolute trash the way they gave us classic so they have a leg up there.

This is a 39 thread.

A bad druid will probably lose to a warrior, but a skilled feral will pretty easily keep warrs under control. Plus faerie fire basically turns them into clothies. In the 39 bracket anyway.

This is a 39 thread.

A bad druid will probably lose to a warrior, but a skilled feral will pretty easily keep warrs under control. Plus faerie fire basically turns them into clothies. In the 39 bracket anyway.
I really wanna ser you play feral the way you picture it here.

What gear you use? I’m oom from max 3 shapeshifts. Killing a warr 1v1 seems impossible if both twinked. I’m defo bad at druid, show me the way, sempai.

PS: things that actually die from feral, are hunts, mages, locks, paladins, priests. Warr and rogue is kinda no go from my experience (limited).

I really wanna ser you play feral the way you picture it here.

What gear you use? I’m oom from max 3 shapeshifts. Killing a warr 1v1 seems impossible if both twinked. I’m defo bad at druid, show me the way, sempai.

PS: things that actually die from feral, are hunts, mages, locks, paladins, priests. Warr and rogue is kinda no go from my experience (limited).

Rogue and warrior are going to be more challenging matchups but certainly not impossible.

Running oom as a feral? You really shouldn't be. You should be opening with cat and switching to bear at some point to finish them off. Why would you need 3 shapeshifts? Carry mana pots just in case. Make sure to always use faerie fire and demoralizing roar. Against rogue and warrior you're going to need to use nature's grasp. I put one point in NG and one point in imp natures grasp so its at 50% chance. Against warriors you can kite them forever using travel form if you're in danger.

Im guessing Zew means playing like this clip: https://streamable.com/lwjmf1

this is an example of what a feral shouldn't do. Why is he shifting so much? Why doesnt he use enrage against a mage that doesnt even do physical damage? Why doesn't he use Faerie Fire? Mage is probably the easiest matchup for feral.

Running oom as a feral? You really shouldn't be.

this is an example of what a feral shouldn't do.

I dont know what game you're playing but with both rogue/warr, if they connect to you, you're forced to switch to bearform otherwise they tear you apart in seconds (specially warr), then, let's say you get a proc of NG, UNLUCKY cuz they're most of them noams so you need to actually BASH and reapply NG -> run away, heal, reshift and you're already close to oom.

Dunno what game you're playing, really? It's all fantasy in your way of seeing things. Do you actually play feral in Classic at 39? Do you troll?

And yeah, that feral does it really bad on that mage. But that was the point, the guy was ironic.

I dont know what game you're playing but with both rogue/warr, if they connect to you, you're forced to switch to bearform otherwise they tear you apart in seconds (specially warr), then, let's say you get a proc of NG, UNLUCKY cuz they're most of them noams so you need to actually BASH and reapply NG -> run away, heal, reshift and you're already close to oom.

Dunno what game you're playing, really? It's all fantasy in your way of seeing things. Do you actually play feral in Classic at 39? Do you troll?

And yeah, that feral does it really bad on that mage. But that was the point, the guy was ironic.

Right. Generally you have to get into bear form almost immediately against rogue/warrior. I try to drain an energry bar into them if possible before switching. Then yeah i might do a bash and roots (grenade if bash doesnt land) then top myself off. Then you jump back into bear and finish them off. Sure, you might be close to oom at this point but if theyre dead so what? I play alliance so dont have to deal with gnomes. I'm sure that makes it harder. And yeah just got out of 3 ABs on feral.

Users who are viewing this thread