EU+US Feedback: Level 70 RBG Season 1

Healium

Meow
The first "Level 70 RBG Season" will be over soon. In order to promote competition, criticism is needed. I would like to hear from you how you felt about this and what can be done better. I would be really happy about constructive criticism, because I take the seriousness of building a competition for the Bracket.

I'll start from my side. You could see the activities of both brackets and regions through this ladder. The Alliance had initially throttled into the BGS, but in the end the Horde was clearly taking the lead.

My criticism:
Pro:
For a while there were more premade groups on the road than before (at least in the EU).
There were players who were motivated to be on top of the ladder.

Contra:
The ladder is a bit too much focused on slaughter.
You can never get a negative rating because this track method via HKs doesn't allow it any other way. Orienting yourself on the victories and losses would not work out very well, because people would leave the BG just before the loose.

My suggestion:
Keep the ladders and possibly bring in a second ladder. Level 70 Battle Leaderboard. This ladder would be completely different. The rating of a player consists of many factors, Flag Cap, Tap/Def, Kills-Deaths ratio. The killing should be in the background and the tactical or playing principle of a Bg should be in the foreground. If you kill more than supporting a bg game to victory you might get minus rating. And if you kill less and support too much you might get minus as well

The first "Level 70 RBG Season" will be over soon. In order to promote competition, criticism is needed. I would like to hear from you how you felt about this and what can be done better. I would be really happy about constructive criticism, because I take the seriousness of building a competition for the Bracket.

I'll start from my side. You could see the activities of both brackets and regions through this ladder. The Alliance had initially throttled into the BGS, but in the end the Horde was clearly taking the lead.

My criticism:
Pro:
For a while there were more premade groups on the road than before (at least in the EU).
There were players who were motivated to be on top of the ladder.

Contra:
The ladder is a bit too much focused on slaughter.
You can never get a negative rating because this track method via HKs doesn't allow it any other way. Orienting yourself on the victories and losses would not work out very well, because people would leave the BG just before the loose.

My suggestion:
Keep the ladders and possibly bring in a second ladder. Level 70 Battle Leaderboard. This ladder would be completely different. The rating of a player consists of many factors, Flag Cap, Tap/Def, Kills-Deaths ratio. The killing should be in the background and the tactical or playing principle of a Bg should be in the foreground. If you kill more than supporting a bg game to victory you might get minus rating. And if you kill less and support too much you might get minus as well
I think it was overall positive, except for the fact that it encouraged toxicity which again, makes the game no fun. I think that you’re on the right track with the idea. It’s nice to have something to reflect progress, but it’s current layout is not conducive to skill.

Users who are viewing this thread