Cowboy Bebop
Naruto (mostly part 1)
Berserk (manga)
Golden Boy
Trigun
Prettty much anything Miyazaki

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Late last year I had a little phase where I was like: "Hey, I'm gonna give anime a chance." Prior to this the only experience I'd ever had with anime / manga was like, I read the first chapter of Attack back in 2013 or 14..

So naturally I started with Attack on Titan, it surprisingly had me hooked and I watched all 3 seasons within like, maybe 3 weeks. After that I was like: "Yeah, this anime shit ain't that bad I guess I'll keep my Crunchyroll account."

Started watching Sword Art Online because like, I play MMOs so this should be totally relatable and right up my alley, right? Watched the first couple episodes...

I don't watch anime anymore...

Also, I've watched a few videos on this Berserk series which seems like it'd be up my alley, want to get into that at some point but I've just been caught up in a million other things recently I don't think I should go down that rabbit hole yet.

I will reup my account when AoT season 4 comes out this year. <3

Late last year I had a little phase where I was like: "Hey, I'm gonna give anime a chance." Prior to this the only experience I'd ever had with anime / manga was like, I read the first chapter of Attack back in 2013 or 14..

So naturally I started with Attack on Titan, it surprisingly had me hooked and I watched all 3 seasons within like, maybe 3 weeks. After that I was like: "Yeah, this anime shit ain't that bad I guess I'll keep my Crunchyroll account."

Started watching Sword Art Online because like, I play MMOs so this should be totally relatable and right up my alley, right? Watched the first couple episodes...

I don't watch anime anymore...

Also, I've watched a few videos on this Berserk series which seems like it'd be up my alley, want to get into that at some point but I've just been caught up in a million other things recently I don't think I should go down that rabbit hole yet.

I will reup my account when AoT season 4 comes out this year. <3

I don't think SAO is the best metric for the quality of anime. But sadly much of the industry is bogged down with low quality stuff that just panders to horny otakus and fools for cheap story telling and character interaction

I'd recommend YYH (gets really good around ep 20). And I also forgot to add Berserk (manga) to my list.

Troll answer - Avatar: The Last Airbender

But really, I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop a lot. And I liked Akira well enough. Anime isnt really my jam but there's occasionally some really good stuff

Hrm.

I have pretty eclectic taste. If without looking at MyAnimeList, and thinking on it much..Here's a top 10 in no order.

1. Cardcaptor Sakura
2. Code Geass
3. Serial Experiments: Lain
4. Inuyasha
5. Kill la Kill
6. Fruits Basket (2019)
7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
8. Darling In The Franxx
9. Cowboy Bebop
10. Black Clover

I don't think SOA is the best metric for the quality of anime. But sadly much of the industry is bogged down with low quality stuff that just panders to horny otakus and fools for cheap story telling and character interaction

I'd recommend YYH (gets really good around ep 20). And I also forgot to add Berserk (manga) to my list.
I haven't delved much deeper into the world of anime since but what I heard after deciding to stop watching SOH is that it's complete trash so like I guess that was probably a bad first impression for me. Regardless, the bad taste is in my mouth now and I'll be hesitant to visit anything the future.

From what I've heard Berserk is really fucking good, and like, very highly praised. I also hear it's regularly put on hiatus so I don't know if I want to become emotionally invested in something like that really.

One day I'll get into it.

Im not in to this stuff, so i have limited knowledge, but my Favorite is OVERLORD and AfroSamuraj, luv that artstyle and lot of blood

not really an anime watcher or manga reader (ironic i know) but id say the naruto series and the older gundam series (those pre 2016 ones). People said Gundam seed and destiny were trash but it was one of my favourites if not merely by gundam design. Remember spending much of my childhood drawing out gundam designs with my buddies :)

I never really was interested in anime. I mean, I grew up with Dragonball and stuff, but mostly as a kid. Eventually one of my friends convinced me to give Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood a shot while we were deployed. He said, “one good anime and you’ll be hooked.” It was a pretty accurate statement. Here’s a short list of ones i’ve really enjoyed:
Death Note
Berserk
My Hero Academia
Castlevania
Cowboy Beebop
Samurai Champloo
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Hunter x Hunter

Users who are viewing this thread